More BS from fj (misinformation ) - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #37
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Memberb16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
^^agreed^^. Did you come to FF just to start this TXFO? From what Tom told me about the cost of being there, i agree with him 100%. Theres no way that price is justified to be on that site.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #38
Ataru
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5292
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVTF ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Ataru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by 1turbofocus
Yet another fj lackey ,

First who said it was randys fault ?

Second i was run off because i WOULDNT pay it , the cost or what fj wanted just to talk about my product in my opinion was insanely high and still is

Now run back to fj before they catch you over here , see if you can find something else to talk about that doesent make you look so foolish

Tom

Quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDeeds
But you did step into the middle of this without all the facts. You did that in your first post. And...like it or not, moderators are a reflection of a site. Just like I'm a refection of my company and Tom is a reflection of his company. No getting away from it.
Tom, you stated, in this thread that was recenly locked, that "The MENTALITY on randys site focaljet is getting worse all the time". You seem to assume that Randy and FS own fj, that is not the case, and I know you are aware of that. That is probably the reason he asked if it was Randy's fault.

In reality, no one has all the facts. All a discussion consists of is some people with some facts and other people with opinions about those facts.

This is the only real fact that I have seen:
Quote:
Second i was run off because i WOULDNT pay it , the cost or what fj wanted just to talk about my product in my opinion was insanely high and still is
Ron does have sponsors to the site and if a company wants to talk about its product on fj, then they have to be a sponsor. That is respectable. If Tom didn't want to pay the sponsorship fees, then that's his choice, but he can't still talk about his company on that site while there are other companies that are paying sponsors. Probably the reason the threads about the G2G at Tom's business were not allowed. While it might have been an independant G2G, it was at Tom's business and Tom did state that he wouldn't pay the sponsorship fees.

I do not know the facts of exactly why Tom is no longer a member there, but it does make sense that if you were a sponsor and then choose not to be one any longer, then remaining a member would still allow discussion of one's company.

DirtyDeeds, you are correct that moderators are a reflection of their site just like business owners are a reflection of their business. It does concern me that Tom does associate the few people that do not like his company with all of fj instead of those single people. Also that instead of rising above the critics of his business, he decides to comment about fj and its member in the manner that he does as shown in this thread and the other one I linked to above.

That is fine. He has the right to state what he feels about whatever site or person he wants.

That said, let me quote you again DirtyDeeds.
Quote:
Just like I'm a refection of my company and Tom is a reflection of his company. No getting away from it.
Personally, I don't plan on buying a Turbo from Tom.

And I don't plan on buying a Turbo from FS or ANY other Focus company.

In all honestly, I would love to see all this bickering in the Focus community come to an end. Our platform, the Focus, is on life support since there have been no major redesigns and other better competitors are coming out on a weekly basis. Companies that were successful are now gone (Focus Central) and I bet more will be leaving the Focus aftermarket for better platforms soon.

Why all this bickering? Why must it be Tom vs Randy, fj vs FF, any Focus owner against another one. Maybe if the focus community would band together instead of split apart like this, it would help keep the aftermarket alive longer. As it is right now, I am sure there are companies out there that are either already making parts for the Focus, or who are contemplating getting into the market, but are hesitant from visiting the Focus sites in an attempt to research the market first hand and simply seeing the bickering of the Focus owners about a couple of websites and some of the current Focus aftermarket companies.

If I was to start a business in a market and saw this, it would definitely make me look for another market where the community wasn't split in two...

Old 09-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #39
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Ataru
I do not know the facts of exactly why Tom is no longer a member there, but it does make sense that if you were a sponsor and then choose not to be one any longer, then remaining a member would still allow discussion of one's company.
Its one thing to not allow the owner of a company not talk about his products if he doesn't pay...its another when threads that are started by someone else about that company's products are routinely closed and deleted. Based on what you're saying and what happens with threads about Tom's products (or in this case a G2G that just happened to be at his shop even though it wasn't organized by him), does that mean if a company does not sponsor your website then any and all conversation about it or its products are not allowed on your fourm?

Your line of reasoning that if a company does not sponsor your website, then any and all conversation about that company is not allowed is ridiculous. You brought up Focus Central...is conversation about them banned on FJ as well? I mean...its kind of hard for a company to sponsor something when they don't even exist anymore.

Last edited by SkaAddict; 09-09-2006 at 01:03 PM.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:18 PM   #40
Michael Xi
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 6319
What I Drive: 2001 Liquid Grey S2

FF Reputation: 1 Michael Xi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDeeds
But you did step into the middle of this without all the facts. You did that in your first post. And...like it or not, moderators are a reflection of a site. Just like I'm a refection of my company and Tom is a reflection of his company. No getting away from it.

In short, you can't have it both ways.
I did not "Step into the Middle".
Where I was lacking ALL of the facts, I made it apparent, and named the facts that I had.
Regarding my First post, it included Nothing BUT facts, and was intended to refute a post that included Absolutely Zero Facts, and was FULL of Falsehood.
If that is the reflection that I give, I am certainly not ashamed.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #41
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I ???? FJ,

bunch of ?????.......SOME know their stuff, but from what I've seen they just bash and BS people........

Last edited by 1turbofocus; 09-10-2006 at 08:14 AM.

Old 09-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #42
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
^
True enough...in the three times I posted there, the responses were all in the tone of "if you're asking that question you're a f@&#ing idiot...go away and stop wasting our time." I'm sure there are nice people who know what they're talking about over there, but they're in a small small minority and get drowned out by the s who would rather spend five minutes telling someone off than spend ten seconds typing up a useful answer.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #43
Kyllgore
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1506
What I Drive: '03 ZX3 MTX pitch black,

FF Reputation: 1 Kyllgore Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
so if I went to focal jet and started praising tom's kit and his tunes
and how they are SO MUCH BETTER than anything else
it wouldn't get taken down?

I bet it would

Old 09-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #44
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Memberb16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
Ataru, i still dont agree that an open forum should delete posts from members of the site that want to talk about a g2g that Tom didnt start on there. If a member of either site wants to invite other members to a g2g, it doesnt matter who or where it is. That should be left alone. Thats that MEMBERS privilage, bottom line, cut and dry. Trying to get alot of guys together isnt an advertisement for that guy or place. Tom was asked by another Focus group could meet at his place and ablidged. Posting something like that is up to the members of that forum and doesnt break any rules. I do totally agree that we, as a group, should pull together, but theres always going to be those that think theyre better than anyone else, and from what i have read on FJ, thats the case there. Any of you that know me, know that im ALL FOR helping out and pulling together, but dont act like youre above everyone else like they do (not you ataru, just in general).

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!

Old 09-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #45
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Its one thing to not let me there and talk about my products , It another to ban me altogather i have a lot of information that could of been used to help a lot of people on fj information that had nothing to do with products i sold yet i still wasent allowed access to fj

On top of that 98% of all conversation (unless it was bashing ,slandering, talking negative 100% of those were allowed) were deleted and many of the posters were warned with being banned if they did it again, many with my name in there SIG were asked to remove it

Does this sound like ron just wants to get along? and make the Focus community prosper ?You bleading hearts need to take this back to fj and start there , it has gone far past just not paying the sponsor fee

I have a home its at Focusfanatics and i feel it is the best Focus Community Forum on the net

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 09-09-2006, 02:50 PM   #46
Michael Xi
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 6319
What I Drive: 2001 Liquid Grey S2

FF Reputation: 1 Michael Xi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I tend to agree with all of that, (I typed this in response to b16sir1991's post, and Tom posted while I was typing), EXCEPT I think the "Know it All" angle is WAYYY Overblown.
There ARE those who know a LOT.
There ARE those who Think that they know more than they do.
There ARE jerks.
There ARE GREAT people.
Just like a cross-section of society.
Regarding the G2G, it's not my site, so I cannot comment on the policy decisions, however, I do see that it was an independent G2G and Tom's was simply an available venue. (And a Darn Cool one at that... Lunch and DynoJet... )
The think that the "Hate" post a few posts back was just a much of a waste of time as what he describes seeing on FJ in his great 3 post experience.
That's an Awful lot of "Hate" for a website full of Great people...

Old 09-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #47
FocusStrider
Deaf Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 36447
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 3 FocusStrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
What's going on here.. sounds like a big heated arguement between FJ and FF? wow. I love FF better, cuz this site really helps me a lot
Former SEDAN REVOLUTION #11 member
Now a Freelance Street Tuner!
I'm Deaf and Proud to be!

Old 09-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #48
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
FF is a great place and in my opinion most all fj guys are welcome here to bad it doesnt work both ways

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks