What do you consider disrespect to your car. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #1
1SVTFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37787
What I Drive: 2004 SVT EAP ZX5 #249

FF Reputation: 1 1SVTFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
What do you consider disrespect to your car.

I take an exceptional pride in keeping my car clean and in exellent condition. I got upset at my friends because they always seem to volunteer my car (being a 4 door) and when they get in they bring drinks, food, ect.

I repetedly have told people and they all know how anal I am about the car being clean and not having spills ect in it.

I have had them several times invite people to ride in my car without telling me, bringing non covered or capable drinks in the car, and I have had them bring food in the car.

I consider this rude, am I wrong for that? I dont want food in the car because it makes the car smell odd (especially fast food which I dont eat) and it also if they eat in the car makes tons of crumbs and the sauces leak.

I also dont like having univeted people in the car and some of my friends because they think its a living room. I had people put thier feet on my dash, on the back of the rear console and even had some one put down the rear window and put thier feet out the window(resting on the glass possibly messing up the window motor/track) This prolly pissed me off the most. They also dont keep stuff and take it out to throw it away.

I also have had people bring drinks in the car, soda, jucy juice, water(im ok with) and other drinks, Issue I have is spilling it on my seats or the carpet to which every one says (its black capret it wont show)

How do you feel about how people treat your car. Do you consider it disrepect or am I just much more strict with my car? I dont think its apropriate to do any of the things I mentioned without atleats asking me, I think if they did I would have an issue or in the case of the doof or drink, id ask them to finish it 1st or not eat it in the car and make sure the drink was secured and wont leak.

On the feet out the window and on the dash thing I consider that completly rude. you?

SVT Squad #258
Mean what you say, Say what you mean.

Last edited by 1SVTFocus; 09-01-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
AdamMAXIS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35453
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 1 AdamMAXIS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You're correct, it is very rude.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Memberb16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
NO ONE gets in my car with anything eatable, drinkable, or especially smoking. I also consider it extremely rude for anyone to consider your car as a suitable place to lean, or prop their butts on. I have come close to getting into fights before for such stupidity.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #4
SVT Robzor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26230
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 5 SVT Robzor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Luckily, my friends and colleagues have a sort of wary respect for me and my vehicle. I've only had to lay down the law real heavy a few times.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
I think you're completely justified. If they really have a problem with it they can find their own ride!
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 09-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #6
jaimz
my car breaks!

Fan#: 23734
What I Drive: 02 silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 jaimz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
yeah luckly my friends know how i am about my car, and they are the same way about thiers. they especially know that if someone does something to disrespect me or my belongings then they no longer can ride in my car. it's just as simple as that.

i once had a dude put his muddy feet on my dashboard! i was liek "WTF are you thinking" he said "oh i'll wipe it off give me some napkins" i stopped the car made him get out then left him there!

i'm a no shit kinda guy some times thats all there is to it.

now, my wife puts her feet up on the dash board, and there isn't much i can do about that because well.. she's the boss! but she takes her shoes off first.

as for eating in the car it doesn't happen too offten but ive got a 1 year old son so sometime it's impossible not to. but it's all cool he's actually not as messy as some grown ups i know!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #7
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Memberb16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
My wife doesnt even do anything like that. She drove the car once, and that was about two weeks ago. She was acting funny and i asked her what was wrong. She looked pale and was lightly sweating. She said that she was so worried that she was going to do something wrong, lol. We had fun after she saw that i was ok with her driving skills, lol.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #8
blight0x
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18053
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 blight0x Good Standing Member
I freak out when my friends lean on my car trying to be cool and take a load off.. Yes its nice to lean on something.. but don't lean on my F'ing car that I work so hard to keep clean and shiny. All your doing when you lean on my car is put small scratches in the paint. I'm usually the only person that rides in my car.. yes I do eat food and drink in my car. But I'm very careful and usually the only thing that makes it to the upholstery is a little bit of salt from my french fries. My friends normally don't disrespect my car because they are are respectful. Its good to find those kinds of friends.
F2 RS Body Kit | FS SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune | FS Cold Air Intake | FS Stealth Exhaust | VF Engineering Rear & Driver side Engine Mounts | H&R Coilovers | Corbeau CR1 Race Seats | Hella Taillights | 18" Kazera Wheels (Black)

Thanks for bringing my Signature up to Code S2! <3
Old 09-01-2006, 11:39 AM   #9
DarkHorse
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32333
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 DarkHorse Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
My now ex-girlfriend's dad was helping me load a drumset into my car and he put a gash in the rear bumper. If your helping someone load stuff into their car or truck be extra careful around the vehicle and how you handle whatever is going in. Also I can't stand when people leave their trash, empty cans, wrappers. Not only is it disrespectful to trash someone's car, it also means I have to clean it up so that's makes it worse.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #10
babyface
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 29791
What I Drive: '06 ZX4 ST, '06 Escape, '87 911 Cab

FF Reputation: 5 babyface Good Standing Member
I try my damndest to keep my car clean, but theres only so much respect you're gonna get while still in highschool. Esp when my car is the nicest one there, its sort of a target for people.

but still, I don't let people take food in my car, no drinks except water, and people keep there feet inside the windows/off the dash. Also, they don't lean on my car much anymore, since i jumped out the classroom window and tackled the last guy who did that. I don't need assprints on my car. It gets enough abuse being driven by me, no-one else needs to help.

That said, its my daily driver, and it shows. Since its driven down dirt roads a lot to get to people houses, the exterior is filthy, and the front bumper is scraped up. The interior is covered in dust, and there's dog hair everywhere.
ST Crew #1

Current Mods: Silverstars, iPad radio/navigation, center muffler delete, Hella 700FF driving lights, brakes, Red/White footwell LED's, lock-switch lights, Tigger doll from GF

Bookmarks & Social Networks