Alarm door trigger problem - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
rebelyouth
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37477
What I Drive: 01 ghia zetec se sadan

FF Reputation: 1 rebelyouth Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry Alarm door trigger problem

I installed a shelby alarm system in my car, everything worked fine for a couple of weeks then the door locks started giveing trouble. When i arm the car which triggers the door lock the lock locks and trips back to unlock. this only started happening after a couple weeks after the install. check all the wireing and they were all fine. has anyone every herd of this problem with other alarms on the ford focus. the lock double trips and go back to the unlock position.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
DJ Lukdogg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38235
What I Drive: 2006 Classic Silver Scion Tc

FF Reputation: 7 DJ Lukdogg Good Standing Member
If its aftermarket parts or alarms. I wouldn't have a clue where to start.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #3
rebelyouth
Focus Enthusiast

its aftermarket but do you know how too disable the stock security system on the focus so i can see if that is conflicting with the aftermarket one.

Sadan Revolution #28
Old 08-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #4
DJ Lukdogg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38235
What I Drive: 2006 Classic Silver Scion Tc

FF Reputation: 7 DJ Lukdogg Good Standing Member
The anti - theft system provides protection from unauthorized entry into the vehicle and is controlled by the central security module (CSM).

System Arming

The system will be armed by the keyless entry remote transmitter when the following input sequence is followed:

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and remove the key.
Close all the doors (unlocked).
Press the LOCK button on the keyless entry remote transmitter to lock the doors. The turn signal lamps will flash once.
If the turn signal lamps do not flash, the system is not armed.
The system will also be armed when the following input sequence is followed:

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and remove the key.
Close all the doors (unlocked).
Lock the doors, with the mechanical key.

Disarming an Untriggered System

The system can be disarmed by carrying out one of the following procedures.

Unlock a front door with a key.
Unlock the front door by pressing the UNLOCK button of the keyless entry remote transmitter.

System Triggering

When the system is triggered, the system flashes the turn signal lamps, and sounds the anti - theft system horn.

When armed, unauthorized entry into the vehicle without using a key or keyless entry remote transmitter is detected by a switch being triggered in the door latch, liftgate latch, luggage compartment latch or hood latch. The system will also be triggered if the ignition switch is turned to the ON position or if the audio unit is disconnected.

The anti - theft system will not activate, if the liftgate or luggage compartment is opened using the key or remote entry transmitter due to an inhibit switch.

Disarming a Triggered System

Carrying out either of the following steps will disarm the triggered anti - theft system.

Driver or passenger front door is unlocked with a key.
Pressing the UNLOCK button of a remote entry transmitter.
When the system has been triggered, the anti - theft horn will shut off automatically after 30 seconds and the turn signal lamps will shut off automatically after 5 minutes. The system will then reset to an armed state and will trigger again if another intrusion occurs.

Perimeter Antitheft
When the central security module (CSM) receives a signal from a monitored switch indicating intrusion into the vehicle, the CSM supplies a ground signal to the horn control relay and the hazard warning turn signal lamp. The relays close, supplying power to the horn and the turn signal lamp flasher. The CSM cycles the output to the relays on and off while the system is activated. The perimeter anti-theft feature does not arm until 20 seconds elapses after locking the vehicle. The perimeter anti-theft device will disarm only when an unlock request is made through the remote transmitter. The perimeter anti-theft device will also disarm if any driver door, passenger door, luggage compartment and liftgate key cylinders in unlock position or ignition position changes to position II or III.

Inspection and Verification

Verify the customer concern by operating the system.
Visually inspect for obvious signs of mechanical or electrical damage.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #5
rebelyouth
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks for the info but not the info am looking for i want to be able to diable the stock security system so that it dose not work. i want to see if it is conflicting with the aftermarket system i installed in that, it the stock security system causes the doors to trip back to unlock when i lock with the aftermarket alarm remote. I am trying to diagnose if there is a problem with the aftermarket alarm and the signal it is sending out which shouldnt be cause its just sending a pulse negative or positive i dont remember now, that triggers the lock so i cant figure out why it is that it is tripping back to the unlock position. i want to know if the stock system is conflicting with it.

Sadan Revolution #28

Bookmarks & Social Networks