PINKS: what a stupid ass show. - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-25-2006, 12:12 AM   #71
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT_BMXer
The saying goes "no replacement for displacement" and its so true.
well...the saying should go... "There is no replacement for displacement, except boost!"
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2006, 01:36 AM   #72
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 36991
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 ST - SAP I

FF Reputation: 1 tdkaye1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Let's see, reasons why straight lines take SO much skill.

There's 1. Um, steering yeah. No wait, straight line, so cars with an alignment go straight to begin with.

Okay, move on to number 2. Um, shifting yeah. No, wait, step on clutch, upshift, release clutch, rinse and repeat using only 2 of the 3 pedels given to us. Automatics? Wow, no driver skill required there for sure.

Hmm.....yeah, I'll have to get back to you on a 3rd, because mainly, DRIVING A STRAIGHT LINE IS SO EASY RETARDS IN CAMAROS CAN DO IT. Wow, so having a 500+hp car means SO much when it takes NO skill to go straight. That is so god damn impressive. Give that white trash in the Camaro a cookie.

SO answer us oh "Focus are slow cars" one and why a Zetec is a poor motor. Why oh why did you buy a Focus ZTS then? We're you just to SLOW to do research on the car? Just to SLOW to understand the salesman when he said it's not a sports car? Oh wait, ungodly SLOW to understand it wasn't the new Mustang? Or did dyslexia (or stupidity) overwhelm you into seeing SVT out of ZTS? Enlighten us oh SLOW one. We just don't want you to be SLOW about it.

Slowly but surely building the perfect animal.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Originally posted by HempHound
Blue Lights=SEX LIGHTS cause someone is about to get fu%@#*
Old 08-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #73
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

I hope you aren't including drag racing at a race track as being a task the requires no skill, being it is straight line racing. Because it does require quite a bit. Launching with minimal wheelspin is something that takes the most skill to master in drag racing. If you can't launch your time is screwed. The 60' time also corresponds with this. Upshifting as fast as you can without grinding a gear or dropping RPM. Knowing where to shift to get the best mph out of the car. I am not even going to mention bracket racing, which requires even more concise skill to maintain the same or like time. Mind you, I'm not on orangezts' side, but don't diss a race style that in fact does require a good amount of skill to perform precisely.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:14 AM   #74
CAIS95
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5085
What I Drive: 04 SONIC BLUE SVT 3DOOR

FF Reputation: 1 CAIS95 Good Standing Member
i would watch it more often if they had some "real" street cars and not these nitrous fed heavy cammed hot rods. i would like to see some supras, evo's. just some cars i see going to work everyday. show me some daily drivers and i will watch. until then, this is like a redneck version of nhra drag racing.

hp:310 tq:276 sae adjusted to 156/143 **damn turbonator broke**

SVT SQUAD #240
Old 08-25-2006, 02:48 PM   #75
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by CAIS95
this is like a redneck version of nhra drag racing.
Thought that was one in the same?

No, drag racing is not a matter of skill. Oh, and drag on street and drag on track do vary but still. Straight line race that a retard could perform. I never said it had to be precise. When I've raced, I always attempted to launch at 4k rpm and that resulted in minimal wheel spin. Maintaining rpm's? You don't take your foot off the gas. Grinding gears? Even the pros do it, it's unavoidable entirely. Oh, and the races I've seen from a roll? What a joke. That takes out the only real important step of your launch. Drag racing doesn't prove much of anything when showcasing a drivers actual skill level. Hell, atleast make it interesting. Get some g riding mowers or something out there. Make it even more redneckish than it is.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Old 08-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #76
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

lol...ok, I will respect your opinion that you don't like drag racing. But I wanna see you hop in a 500+whp car and try to launch it on bias-ply tires without sending it into the wall. It takes a certain degree of skill to do that, as does road racing with taking turns at 100+. But both deal with having a good awareness of your vehicle. Both require practice to become precise at it, and both are an adrenaline rush. Nuff said.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:51 PM   #77
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kenpokid
lol...ok, I will respect your opinion that you don't like drag racing. But I wanna see you hop in a 500+whp car and try to launch it on bias-ply tires without sending it into the wall. It takes a certain degree of skill to do that, as does road racing with taking turns at 100+. But both deal with having a good awareness of your vehicle. Both require practice to become precise at it, and both are an adrenaline rush. Nuff said.

Like I said, a retard could drag race, regardless if it was "precise" or just plain slow. I didn't say it wasn't hard, or with a 500+hp race car with slicks. I've never watched a race where a real "turn" was taken at 100+mph seeing that the car wouldn't hold it and no, NASCAR isn't racing IMO. Driving only left and at such a steep incline favors the drivers and build of the car. Racing circles isn't racing. Precision is required in anything you do, so yes, it would be required behind the wheel at any level. Adrenaline rush, all that matters!

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Old 08-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #78
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by tdkaye1
I've never watched a race where a real "turn" was taken at 100+mph seeing that the car wouldn't hold it
i suggest that you watch the japanese grand prix coming up in a few months. pay close attention to the 130r corner.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #79
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bigjordan
i suggest that you watch the japanese grand prix coming up in a few months. pay close attention to the 130r corner.
Can you TiVo it for me?

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Old 08-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #80
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
no tivo do i have but im sure it will be available for download via bittorrent.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.