PINKS: what a stupid ass show. - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-23-2006, 06:31 PM   #61
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 36991
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 ST - SAP I

FF Reputation: 1 tdkaye1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by orangezts
If a guys has a 10 second focus then that means he probably has an 8 second F Body because otherwise how the hell else is he going to pull it down the track in 10 seconds.

As for the having a corvette engine....So. As for being a "Race Car" I do believe the camaro gets 29 mpg on teh highway and about 26 in town straight outta the box from 98 - 02 so correct me if I am wrong but I don't know of the last time a race car got mpg similar to my wifes focus. And as for it being a gm shitbox....I wanna see you get 505 hp and 470 to the rear tires out of a pushrod motor and still have it driveable on the street.
Wow, truly a moronic statement. Gas economy doesn't dictate if a car is built in a "race car" mold. If that was the case, my ST is a g Ferrari with it's 15mpg right now.

You want answer's on Tom's Focus ask him. Go post in the Focus-Power forum and he'll give you the technical specs on it. Yeah, 505hp that you'd never use on the street. Nice thing to have. Unusable power on as it was stated, a shitbox. Um, Ford Mustang GT500, roughly same numbers, stock, daily drivable. Um, Dodge Viper, 500/500, stock, daily drivable.

You're just mad a Camaro is the Ferrari of white trash, period. Like I said, go blow the guy in the Camaro and maybe that will make you feel better about your ZTS complex. Oh, and as I said, for what that guy spent on it, you could make most any car really go fast. Go cry to the camaro forums then that the Focus guys are making fun of you and your penile defunction when it comes to GM.

It's hilarious you come in here crying Foci are slow, but you bought one, even after a test drive. Car must be like the driver huh? You get home, sit down to dinner and it sank in that the test drive sucked, the car was slow, and what, oh shit, you bought the car anyways? If it's SO slow, then you must be a g moron to go ahead and buy it regardless just to bitch about it being slow.

Oh, and the point WAS brought up. Explain FACTS to why the Zetec is a SLOW motor. What? Can't? Exactly. Now get the out and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, moron.

Slowly but surely building the perfect animal.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Originally posted by HempHound
Blue Lights=SEX LIGHTS cause someone is about to get fu%@#*
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2006, 04:50 PM   #62
zetecfreak
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30875
What I Drive: TURBOD Black 02 SE

FF Reputation: 9 zetecfreak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Damnit I said no more FUNNY SHIT, LOL

Pushrod motors I have seen make over 500whp and be streetable.
302, Thats right no boring or stroking just a well built well tuned NA 5.0.
347stroker
393stroker (farkin easy)
There you have it, my Gramps actually has a 347 powered 65 stang pushin 450 to the wheels. Its very streetable, but with the skinny ass tires he has on it, its a little scary.

A Camaro DOES NOT GET GOOD MPG. The newer Vette dosent get bad MPG because it shuts down half the motor when not pushed.
Why, would you buy a SLOW focus if a camaro gets the same MPG? Makes no since.
Although the Camaro looses at everything but straight line speed to the Focus. LOL
Old 08-24-2006, 05:00 PM   #63
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zetecfreak
Damnit I said no more FUNNY SHIT, LOL

347stroker
393stroker (farkin easy)
There you have it, my Gramps actually has a 347 powered 65 stang pushin 450 to the wheels. Its very streetable, but with the skinny ass tires he has on it, its a little scary.

A Camaro DOES NOT GET GOOD MPG. The newer Vette dosent get bad MPG because it shuts down half the motor when not pushed.
Why, would you buy a SLOW focus if a camaro gets the same MPG? Makes no since.
Although the Camaro looses at everything but straight line speed to the Focus. LOL
That was just for you freak. Actually I found those on the site here, but had the "Don't post stupid shit" before. Like I said, he's sitting on the Camaro dudes pole since he was a to buy what he considers a slow car. Why don't you PM Goat Roper and see how slow his car is. He's got a ZTS as well.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Old 08-24-2006, 05:55 PM   #64
HyBalz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 18573
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 49 HyBalz Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
PINKS: what a stupid ass show. (Thread Title?)
Old 08-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #65
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HyBalz
PINKS: what a stupid ass show. (Thread Title?)
That would be correct. Get this guy a lollipop.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Old 08-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #66
zx3_earthquake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20058
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver 2.3L

FF Reputation: 1 zx3_earthquake Good Standing Member
i read that forum about how he beat a gt and they say its a mystery how a 150k supercar gets beat by a f body. first off if that f body ever came to a turn the gt would slit the f bodys throat. i am sure that guy has 50k in that car, parts +car. another thing is that most gt owners fail to realize that if they took their car to acufab for 12-15k they will tweek it and pull out 750-800hp, if you buy a gt acufab is a must. in the video the first race is in no way a race and the f body guy is the biggest gobber i have ever seen.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:48 PM   #67
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
A Camaro DOES NOT GET GOOD MPG.
actually, most ls1 powered cars got exceptional gas mileage mainly due to a very tall sixth gear and not a form of multidisplaement seen on new cars(hemi). sixth gear was actually usable too, due to the vast amount of torque provided by the pushrod engine.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:05 PM   #68
2nd_to_none
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30252
What I Drive: 05' silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 2nd_to_none Good Standing Member
any of you guys ever read the car and driver where they took a focus zetec and dumped $125,000 into it and beat and lambo!!! now that would be a great pinks!!

D20
-Dusting ricers since 2005

"i'd put it in her butt"

-wayne
Old 08-24-2006, 11:33 PM   #69
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:

lol...with no nitrous? you got a link or magazine article to this 5.0? The thing would have to be running some serious compression to make that kind of power.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:05 AM   #70
SVT_BMXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally posted by orangezts
If a guys has a 10 second focus then that means he probably has an 8 second F Body because otherwise how the hell else is he going to pull it down the track in 10 seconds.

As for the having a corvette engine....So. As for being a "Race Car" I do believe the camaro gets 29 mpg on teh highway and about 26 in town straight outta the box from 98 - 02 so correct me if I am wrong but I don't know of the last time a race car got mpg similar to my wifes focus. And as for it being a gm shitbox....I wanna see you get 505 hp and 470 to the rear tires out of a pushrod motor and still have it driveable on the street.
What is your problem man? There are a few 10sec and lower foci on here, yes they are fully built race cars thats a big accomplishment getting a 4cyl car to make the power to get that kind of 1/4 mile time. The saying goes "no replacement for displacement" and its so true. Of course a larger displacement engine is going to make alot more power..duh!!. My friends Z28 does get like 25mpg on the highway but most def not 26 in town. Seriously though, you are arguing a mundane point, and you are the only one on your side. Why dont you stop and argee to disagree. Not everyone shares your exact opinons and views and you should come to realize that you are not right because thats what you think and believe. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion about what is nice and what isnt. Just because you like big honkin V8 american muscle and drag racing doesnt mean its the only thing that matters. Alot of users on here arent the least bit concerened with straight line speed and are more concentrated on AutoX and road racing. Why? because for one thats more what the focus is built for and because thats what they enjoy. So if you like drag racing and prefer larger displacement, more power to you, do what you love but dont criticize others for thinking different.

Quote:
Originally posted by 2nd_to_none
any of you guys ever read the car and driver where they took a focus zetec and dumped $125,000 into it and beat and lambo!!! now that would be a great pinks!!
actually that wasnt a zetec, they took a Focus RS and stuffed a V8 in it. Still cool non the less though

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.