PINKS: what a stupid ass show. - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #51
bryanjw82
Focus Addict

Fan#: 222
What I Drive: 2004 Chevy Avalanche

FF Reputation: 1 bryanjw82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
how much does that arial atom costs? I really want one. ;-)
Performance Mods: FC short shifter, Magnaflow exhaust, HEI wrapped svt header, BBK TB, orp, MSD coil & wires, Diablo Tuner, VF engineering rear engine mount, EBC slotted and dimpled rotors f&r, EBC green stuff pads, PowerWorks Supercharged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2006, 12:58 PM   #52
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by orangezts
Wanna see a good kill story....

This is not only a kill story but it also has the video to back it up. And if you don't know what a ford GT is then don't bother watching it.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...hlight=footage
Big deal. The Camaro had a freaking built automatic in it, I'd expect it to win especially if he had a good stall to spool the turbo on it. The Ford GT sounded pretty much stock, so he was making less hp. And they don't come with autos, so if you can't shift in one, you're screwed. I was surprised the Camaro didn't mash him more. Cmon, half a car? lol...give me a break. Its a Ford GT, yeah, it costs a lot, but I would take a GT over a Camaro any day of the week, even if it does cost twice as much. The motor in them are basically bullet proof and the car is setup well for any kind of racing.

With regards to PINKS, I like watching it for the cars mostly. Just to see what people bring. But I do agree, it does get a little stupid with the negotiating crap, but Rich does a pretty good job of making the races fair. I would like to see more street cars though rather than drag cars, but a lot of people can't afford to lose a car they wanna daily drive.

Last edited by kenpokid; 08-23-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #53
OandAWOW
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8384
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST

FF Reputation: 14 OandAWOW Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The atom is about 50 grand I believe. It's like having a Formula 1 car for the street. Great stuff.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:24 PM   #54
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 36991
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 ST - SAP I

FF Reputation: 1 tdkaye1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by orangezts
I drive a trans am there chief, so don't tell me about slow and I am not a hater on 4 cylinder cars in general. I would takea 4g63-t every day of the week over a focus's zetec motor with a turbo on it. They just are very poorly designed in my opinion and the reason I do call you all slow is because I read a kill story where a guy bragged about beating one of those little suzuki cars and acted like he was some tough shit. Wanna see a good kill story....

This is not only a kill story but it also has the video to back it up. And if you don't know what a ford GT is then don't bother watching it.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...hlight=footage
You drive a trans-am, big g deal. No one asked. Perhaps you should learn to put it in the "what you drive" comments like every other person with more than one car.

An Eclipse 4g63 from the same timeframe as a Zetec 2.0 in the SVT's is roughly the same, with the exception that a Zetec with turbo would make more power than a 4g63 of that time. Granted, the EVO's use them, but also have good size turbos to make that power. You could make a good chuck of HP from a NA Zetec or Duratec WITHOUT a turbo. The turbo is just icing. Yeah, zetec, poorly designed by automotive engineers who do it all day everyday. Why don't you call Ford and tell them how to make a quality engine then?

So what if he is happy about beating a Suzuki, good for him. Perhaps he had a slower version Zetec, or perhaps was SPI, and an Automatic. Yeah, knock people when you have none of the facts attached. If he had a turbo charged zetec SVT, or turbo duratec, he'd probably get the same response from us as well, but who cares.

A heavily modded vehicle over anything stock, "super car" or not doesn't do much for me. Oh, and if you're going to put that it's a Ford GT, why not attached the GT40 for clarity? Mustangs have a GT as well, so yea. Now let's see, if I have to invest the same amount of time and money into a car as he had to making that camaro, I could probably build a car to beat the camaro and GT40 as well. Oh, and yet he claims 500+hp on stock motor, but has built cams and head. Yeah, good job. Why don't you take your hard on for his camaro and go smoke his pole since he beat an overpriced car? Bet that would make you feel special.

A zetec or duratec isn't meant to be more than what it is. The engine is built to push a hatchback or sedan at an economical price. The Camaro has ALWAYS been meant to be a "racecar". That's why it has a Corvette engine in it. Duh. SO, built Corvette engine, regardless of the body is going to be a challenge for MOST cars. Oh wait, were you too slow to realize that the Camaro doesn't have an engine just for itself? Sorry to burst your bubble.

A Camaro however is still a heavy, uncomfortable, unpractical, ferrari of white trash piece of shit no matter how you cut it. He threw money at it just like most aftermarket consumers do. So, let's try this one since you didn't comprehend the other photo:

Slowly but surely building the perfect animal.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Originally posted by HempHound
Blue Lights=SEX LIGHTS cause someone is about to get fu%@#*
Old 08-23-2006, 01:31 PM   #55
OandAWOW
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8384
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST

FF Reputation: 14 OandAWOW Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The Zetec is British design is it not?
Old 08-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #56
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by OandAWOW
The Zetec is British design is it not?
Yup...

And I wanna know why this guy thinks the zetec is a "poorly designed" motor. What is "poorly designed" about it? Give us reasons and we will respect your opinion a little better.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:22 PM   #57
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 36991
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 ST - SAP I

FF Reputation: 1 tdkaye1 Good Standing Member
orangezts
Focus Rookie

FF #: 24734

What I Drive: 2003 Copper ZTS <------ Sure doesn't look like there is the words Trans-Am there now does it, chief?

My Photo Gallery

Slowly but surely building the perfect animal.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Originally posted by HempHound
Blue Lights=SEX LIGHTS cause someone is about to get fu%@#*
Old 08-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #58
zetecfreak
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30875
What I Drive: TURBOD Black 02 SE

FF Reputation: 9 zetecfreak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Tdkaye

Quit posting funny Photos. I just spit Mountain dew on my pretty LCD. You know how much this thing costs. LOL

WOW, a built drag Camaro beats a Ford GT. HMM. Wheres the AutoX or road race video to accompany this. Camaros are good for one thing, the Drag strip. They suck everywhere else. If you drive a Trans Am why didnt you buy a Cavalier to have a matching GM peice of SHIT.
I would like to see that Camaro GET OWNED by Toms 10sec FOCI. That would be Funny.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #59
orangezts
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 24734
What I Drive: 2003 Copper ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 orangezts Good Standing Member
If a guys has a 10 second focus then that means he probably has an 8 second F Body because otherwise how the hell else is he going to pull it down the track in 10 seconds.

As for the having a corvette engine....So. As for being a "Race Car" I do believe the camaro gets 29 mpg on teh highway and about 26 in town straight outta the box from 98 - 02 so correct me if I am wrong but I don't know of the last time a race car got mpg similar to my wifes focus. And as for it being a gm shitbox....I wanna see you get 505 hp and 470 to the rear tires out of a pushrod motor and still have it driveable on the street.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #60
greggmeister
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2944
What I Drive: 2004 pitch black svt 3 dr #998 of #

FF Reputation: 1 greggmeister Good Standing Member
I agree Pinks really sucks! Lets race for 3 seconds, argue for 15 minutes and schucks my car blew a tranny line you win. BORING WASTE OF TIME!

Bookmarks & Social Networks