PINKS: what a stupid ass show. - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #121
SVT_BMXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally posted by tdkaye1
High school preps with too much $$$ from mommy and daddy having their little emo episodes each episode. Damn, I just summarized the whole season/plot/everything about that show in one sentence. Too bad MTV can't put better things on the air, like maybe music perhaps....
Are you refering to pinks??? Because the majority of people i see on their are far from emo, far from teenagers and i rarely see much of any emo episodes on their. If you are refering to something then nevermind what i just said.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2006, 03:16 PM   #122
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I'd rather watch BET than MTV.....at least they have good commercials. lol.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #123
HyBalz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 18573
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 49 HyBalz Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
2 words, OFF BUTTON.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #124
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 36991
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 ST - SAP I

FF Reputation: 1 tdkaye1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by eazyrider_tim

Sorry, no headbanging to BET.
Oh, and I REFUSE to watch a channel like that which is racism at work since no other channels would DARE call themselves WET, HET, or AET. You get the idea of the first letters. Noooo...if it was, people would be up in arms calling racism. Oh, and BMX, I was referring to "Laguna Beach", another show but that's another rant all together!

Slowly but surely building the perfect animal.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Originally posted by HempHound
Blue Lights=SEX LIGHTS cause someone is about to get fu%@#*
Old 09-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #125
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by eazyrider_tim
What, like Billy Dee Williams for Colt 45? Who the hell would name a drink after a gun, really.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Old 09-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #126
zetecfreak
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30875
What I Drive: TURBOD Black 02 SE

FF Reputation: 9 zetecfreak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Agreed with the racisim issue. But, thats another topic that I would prefer not to fire up here. LOL

I still, and never will consider F1 real racing. To much tech in the cars, to easy to drive. Rally and Ice is where its at. And, NASCAR needs some more credit from the world. No, it dosent take the kind of skill a WRC driver has. But, I would guarantee a F1 driver would do no better than normal in NASCAR, and Vice Versa. There not really a sport anymore. But, this is opinionated. None of us will ever drive both to compare. LOL. I do know this though, the Focus at high speeds on certain roads, LOL, takes much more talent.

MTV still plays nothing worth listening to. Thats why I stick to P2P and BrainGelRadio. Agreed with HEADBANGING its a must. But I get no respect in OHIO. Nothing but REDNECK country. I just wish I could hear some Alice in Chains, or TOOL, maybe some Disturbed. Just to name a few.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM   #127
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I have to disagree with NASCAR.... if you dont turn BOTH directions then its NOT really racing..

Come on racing in a circle???
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 09-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #128
zetecfreak
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30875
What I Drive: TURBOD Black 02 SE

FF Reputation: 9 zetecfreak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
No one on here has ever tried it. It may seem simple, but it is not in a car like that. They do not handle well, and they have a ton of POWER, plus skinny tires. In F1 there cars are over done. They go fast, but they handle it very well. The driver is not the KEY eliment in F1, the CAR is. F1 you just have to handle speed, not poor handling or lack of downforce.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #129
zal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28635
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 1 zal Good Standing Member
^disagreed, Kimi is a MONSTER driver, as are alonso and schumacher, there is ALOT of talent there, its not purely political or technilogical. Although the banning of those dampers was BULLSHIT
MacBook 2.0 Black
"The Focus looks kinda like a retarded shark with wheels"
Old 09-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #130
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zetecfreak
No one on here has ever tried it. It may seem simple, but it is not in a car like that. They do not handle well, and they have a ton of POWER, plus skinny tires. In F1 there cars are over done. They go fast, but they handle it very well. The driver is not the KEY eliment in F1, the CAR is. F1 you just have to handle speed, not poor handling or lack of downforce.

So wrong on so many levels. First, let me respond to the post concerning and F-1 driver not doing well in NASCAR. There was an episode on Speed or ESPN, where they swapped Jeff Gordon and his Dupont Car and Juan Montoya and his Williams BMW F-1 car. (ie. the driver drove the other's car). They both had laps to get use to that car and of the times put down. Montoya was faster in BOTH the F-1 car AND the NASCAR car by over 2 seconds. Gordon couldn't drive the F-1 for shit. He was WAY too slow. He even stated that the amount of work it took to simply drive the car, let alone drive it well, was WAY more than that of NASCAR. Even Montoya said the same thing. When asked about the NASCAR, he said it was too heavy, and too slow, yet he bested the NASCAR champion in his own car.

Most of the cars in F-1 are VERY similar. Yes, there are some differences, but there is a HUGE difference between say a Michael Schumacher (German) and a Scott Speed (American). Both can drive F-1 but one is a master, the other, well, yeah. You watch, Montoya is going to tear up NASCAR. He'll either win or crash out. I doubt he'll do anything else. He pushes the cars so hard. Oh, and NASCAR cars have tires that are almost as fat as F-1 does so don't use that as an excuse. NASCAR isn't racing period. They don't have to have the same physical demands put on their bodies that F-1 does as well. F-1 drivers exceed 3 G's in most turns, the necks of most drivers are like football players, their conditioning is sick.

No, F-1 has the fastest cars, but also requires the most real driving skills at that speed. Look at the errors made by Aryton Senna (greatest driver IMO) and Greg Moore (CART), minute errors but cost them their lives. What killed Earnhart? The right turn.

ST Crew #000
Quote:

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.