PINKS: what a stupid ass show. - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #111
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 36991
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 ST - SAP I

FF Reputation: 1 tdkaye1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by zetecfreak
Racing in general sucks anymore. There are only a FEW types of racing that arent purely political.

The reason I called F1 a joke is the technology. Ferrari was winning just because they were Ferrari. They had more money invested. Micheal Schmuchaer won because he drove Ferrari and with in his contract it stated his team mate COULD NOT PASS HIM with out his approval (dude sounds like a bitch). So, it may take some talent to drive won, but if you can keep it on the track and you drive for the right team, it dosent really matter.

My personal favorite form of racing is RALLY and Ice Racing. You just never get to see a lot of them on TV. Its NASCAR and F1 combined with stupid ass reality shows. I hate reallity shows.
I don't believe that to be part of his contract BUT it is believedto be a "non-stated standing policy" within Ferrari. Actually, most teams who have a clear number one driver will still use that approach as well, though F-1 frowns upon it. Renault did the same thing with Alonso, McLaren did that back when with Mika Hakkinen too. The main competing teams have a number one and a blocker, though "blocking" is illegal, just another thing overlooked. Schuey is a bit of an ass, mainly when asked about other drivers, but still he wins.

Yes, Ferrari's are just that, but it still depends on the driver as well. Renault isn't some second rate team, and neither is McLaren, or even Williams (though this year they suck balls). Driver skill accounts for a whole lot in there.

Ice racing is great. When you can watch guys from Norway, Finland, and all make cars do what they do on ice, it's crazy. Same with WRC. Good times there. However, I'm not enthused about racing against time as racing against other drivers. I like that competition and the ways they pass or line them up. Oh, about the ice racing, was a rumor I heard a while back. Apparently at the D1GP here in the states, a Finnish driver (ice racer) didn't have his car in time, got a stock 350Z from a rental company for the drift event, and still qualified with it. How much truth to that, don't know. But it was funny to hear.

Slowly but surely building the perfect animal.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Originally posted by HempHound
Blue Lights=SEX LIGHTS cause someone is about to get fu%@#*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #112
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I hate reality shows also. Go get your own life and experiences people and stop being fascinated while being extremely boring to others and especially yourself.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #113
SVT_BMXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I truthfully dont think this thread needed to be 10 pages long. I mean, the title of the thread summed it well enough.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #114
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by eazyrider_tim
I hate reality shows also. Go get your own life and experiences people and stop being fascinated while being extremely boring to others and especially yourself.
Reality shows blow. My sister in law is 17 and god damn if she won't sit there and watch "Laguna Beach" all day marathons off DVR (TiVo) over and over and over and over.....
Makes me want to shove cotton balls as far into my ears as possible. Kind of like watching an episode of PINKS does. (Tie in to topic....) So what if it's 10 pages?! The show just sucks THAT much, and more!

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Old 09-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #115
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
ive never seen it
Old 09-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #116
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bigjordan
ive never seen it
Not missing anything.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Old 09-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #117
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
apparently not
Old 09-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #118
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bigjordan
apparently not
High school preps with too much $$$ from mommy and daddy having their little emo episodes each episode. Damn, I just summarized the whole season/plot/everything about that show in one sentence. Too bad MTV can't put better things on the air, like maybe music perhaps....

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Old 09-07-2006, 09:47 AM   #119
zetecfreak
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30875
What I Drive: TURBOD Black 02 SE

FF Reputation: 9 zetecfreak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
MTV, and music. Dude you have officialy gone to far. You know that MTV has only one objective. To make the world want to be something there not, and to keep pushing retarted raperrs. Honestly, how much musical talent does it take to say (for example) "Mike Jones". I hate MTV.
Yes reallity shows suck, but with racing in general getting worse (all most all major forms are getting more political.) this is SPEEDS substitute. That, and with the whole you cant say anything without offending some one issue, sitcoms have all but died. Sad really.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:13 AM   #120
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zetecfreak
MTV, and music. Dude you have officialy gone to far. You know that MTV has only one objective. To make the world want to be something there not, and to keep pushing retarted raperrs. Honestly, how much musical talent does it take to say (for example) "Mike Jones". I hate MTV.
Yes reallity shows suck, but with racing in general getting worse (all most all major forms are getting more political.) this is SPEEDS substitute. That, and with the whole you cant say anything without offending some one issue, sitcoms have all but died. Sad really.
MTV2 and VH1 have much more music. But hell, internet is the best source for what you want regardless. Screw MTV. Screw the networks. I wouldn't say the racing is getting worse, just SPEED bowing down to the majority of American red necks who think NASCAR is racing. I'm sorry America, but just like soccer, the rest of the world KNOWS what's a real sport and F-1, WRC, Ice racing, all in there. The rest of the world doesn't give two shits for NASCAR or American Football. I loved when they asked the drivers of F-1 what they thought about Juan Pablo Montoya going to NASCAR and they had to hold back the laughing regardless of what he's making because they know his career as a real racer is over. Sitcoms aren't dead, you have to watch the minority ones and they can talk all the crap they want about anything taboo in society and being non-Pc. Watch a caucasian sitcom and yeah, they can't say shit.

ST Crew #000
Quote:

Bookmarks & Social Networks