Blaupunket Radio Problem - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-18-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
DonRich90
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5077
What I Drive: 2003 Lgt Tundra Metallic SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 DonRich90 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Blaupunket Radio Problem

Hi Guys! I just joined your forum today (just got an '03 SE 4 dr. yesterday) and think it's great. Today, while setting radio presets, the display suddenly started blinking on and off on the 2nd station I was setting. The audio kept coming on and off with the blinking display and I couldn't turn the unit off or change the mode or volume. I finally drove to the dealer but before I got out I pressed the on-off control and the radio finally turned off.
The service dept. removed the radio and is sending it off for repair or replacement. They said it would be out for a week or less. In the meantime, my wife is without her radio and has to stare at a blank hole in the dash of her "new" car.
Is this a common problem with this Blaupunket radio? Can I expect more problems or do you think this is just a fluke?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2004, 06:32 PM   #2
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing Member Egz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Never has happened to mine. First time I heard that.

duratec.wikispaces.com - Duratec Wiki - Sign up and contribute!
Old 03-18-2004, 06:45 PM   #3
staticprevails4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2692
What I Drive: 2003 sangria red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 staticprevails4 Good Standing Member
never heard of that kind of problem before. The only problem I have with my is that it doesnt have enough power output to power my rf component x's that i installed.

"I'm so poor I can't afford to pay attention."
Old 03-18-2004, 07:49 PM   #4
sa_pyro_ne
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1437
What I Drive: 2000 Ranger V6 4.0L 4x4 XLT Ext Cab

FF Reputation: 4 sa_pyro_ne Good Standing Member
sounds like one of those weird things that just happens, probably something inside the radio that wasen't soldered good enough and needs to be re-done.

- Scott
Old 03-19-2004, 08:56 AM   #5
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 535
What I Drive: MMIII ZTW, 5 spd.

FF Reputation: 1 Jake Good Standing Member
Did you see that it was a Blauplunk? I thought that the Focus came with a system from Visteon. I know that my "6006" (6 in dash cd) in my '03 Focus is from Visteon. I've been extreamly please with the sound quality and no mech probs.......yet.

-Homer Simpson
Old 03-19-2004, 04:00 PM   #6
bszarek001
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5008
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 bszarek001 Good Standing Member
I also have the 6disc in dash and it seems to be working very well. No problems yet except for the fact that my brand new Focus came with a blown speaker! What kind of crap is that! lol...I had a VERY VERY similar 6 disc changer in my 2001 Mercury Cougar that I had. Works very similarly and sounds quite the same, except that the Cougar I owned had a nice little 6 speaker system instead of a 4 speaker setup...

“Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?”
Old 03-21-2004, 04:51 PM   #7
onefastfocus02
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 503
What I Drive: Red 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 onefastfocus02 Good Standing Member
actually the mp3 players that are coming out in the 03-04 foci are made by blaupunkt. pretty nice units considering they're stock equipment. i think the 6 disk and the single disc basic cd playter are still visteon manufactured. and about not havign a radio , the dealer should have given you a loaner. that's rediculous that they are making you drive around with nothing in your dash. since you just bought the car i think the dealer gives you a week to work out sudden bugs and they should be abel to pop a radio out of one of the cars on the lot. at least thats what the dealer here in fairbanks alaska did for me when my 6 disc jammed on me the 2nd day i had my car. now i have a 2004 instead of the 2002 with the new mp3 player which is better.

*Temporary New Car* 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V in "Alert Red", 6Speed, LSD, Spec V Suspension, Free Flow Exhaust, Stock 17" Wheels

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*(Til I find a good deal on a 2004+ Focus with 2.3 or SVT package)[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*
Old 03-25-2004, 06:40 PM   #8
DonRich90
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5077
What I Drive: 2003 Lgt Tundra Metallic SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 DonRich90 Good Standing Member
Just as a follow-up, I went back to the dealer today (Thurs) to see if my radio had been returned yet. The repair facility in our area told the dealer that the radio was returned to the manufacturer for repair/replacement as per standing instructions (I guess from Ford). Apparently the Blaupunkt unit is more complicated than the standard units. This repair facility is a factory authorized (Ford and GM - they repaired the electronic instrument panel in my '90 Vette last year) repair facility so I take them at their word.
The dealer searched their new/used inventory for a Blaupunkt unit but they didn't have any to give or loan to me and the other Focus radios won't connect to the wiring harness for the Blaupunkt. Looks like another week or so.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:10 AM   #9
thebeast86_2000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1449
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 thebeast86_2000 Good Standing Member
Mine makes up it own preset stations.

I like the Blaupunket radio good enough but I have had a couple of problems with mine. It likes to set all of the presets to 107.9 and reset all of my settings to factory. Once it even changed itself over to military time format even though the radio doesn't support it.

But it still works.

2003 Ford Focus SE
300A Package
Twilight Blue
Old 05-09-2004, 08:28 PM   #10
jrn146
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 275
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red SE 5 door 5 speed

Points 152, Level 3
Points: 152, Level: 3 Points: 152, Level: 3 Points: 152, Level: 3
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jrn146 Good Standing Member
I just stumbled on this thread and I had to post. My Blaupunk resets all the presets to 107.9 once in a while too! I have a feeling that the RDS setting has something to do with it so I have it turned off to see if it still does it. It's done it 4 or 5 times in a year. Sounds great for a factory unit though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks