2005 Focus ST Owner Subwoofer Question - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Dayna2.3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 512
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZTS 2.3L PZEV Dark Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Dayna2.3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2005 Focus ST Owner Subwoofer Question

I have searched and posted on the Audio Forum and cannot locate this topic, nor did I receive a reply from a forum member about this question.

Can anyone with a 2005 Focus ST with the Factory Standard 6 CD Changer, not the Sony Audiophile system, please answer my question?

I have a 2005 Focus ST ZX4 with the factory standard 6 CD changer (Ford #6006?).

>Is this model supposed to come standard with a subwoofer mounted in the trunk driver's side?< >Does your 2005 Focus ST with the standard 6 CD changer have a subwoofer?<

Ford literature gave me the impression that you had to order the Sony Audiophile upgrade to get a subwoofer.

I ordered the car from the factory to obtain the exact configuration I wanted. The subwoofer was a suprise to me and the dealer rep.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
YoJ1Mbo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 37296
What I Drive: 2007 Focus ST, Liquid Gray

FF Reputation: 1 YoJ1Mbo Good Standing Member
do you have the sony labeled speaker covers? also, check see if you were charged for the audiophile system. If not, then looks like you just got a nice bonus.

Last edited by YoJ1Mbo; 08-04-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
Ripped_06_ST
Retired Focus Addict

Fan#: 18779
What I Drive: 2013 5.0

FF Reputation: 49 Ripped_06_ST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
ok the audiophile was a must when I got this car so I know lots about it.

If you just got the normal 6 disc CD changer than you wouldn't have the sub mounted in the trunk... if you do then you have the Sony system... but it would be weird if you didn't have the sony system just the sub...

As YoJ1Mbo stated, if you have the Sony emblem on the speaker grills then you have the Sony system and you can also tell by looking strait into the grill and seeing if the speaker is red or not, if it's red you have the Sony system. If the emblem just says FOCUS on it then you most likely have the regualr system... I will take pics if you want.
ST Crew #16
Think adoption before buying, give a needy animal a loving and caring home!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #4
Dayna2.3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 512
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZTS 2.3L PZEV Dark Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Dayna2.3 Good Standing Member
2005 Focus ST With Subwoofer

JoJ1Mbg and Wickedly Fast St,

Thank you both so much for answering my question!

My ST must be a non-standard build from the Wayne factory. Since I ordered the car from the factory, no, I was not charged for the Sony Audiophile system, and it is not listed on the original widnow sticker.

I do not have the Sony in-door speakers: they say "Focus" and are black and blue inside, not red.

But I do have a factory installed subwoofer in the factory mount location in the trunk. The subwoofer has absolutely no manufacturer's ID anywhere on the amp or speaker and enclosure; not even Ford. I have never seen such generic items.

But the performance of the system makes me wonder if I have the Sony head unit somehow; or was that made by Delphi or Sony?

Perhaps I'll never know, but it sure sounds great with the sub.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #5
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

Points 12,236, Level 72
Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72 Points: 12,236, Level: 72
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
Send me your vin# and i can see if it did. Send it on a PM.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.