what is your rival - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #31
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 36991
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 ST - SAP I

FF Reputation: 1 tdkaye1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by sinclair
i was at a local car a couple of years ago and i saw this old 65 mustang and i go and look at it hell ox a nice car its got a built shortblock 347 and 2 stages of nos really light everything is teared out in the inside and a full rollcage. i asked as a joke if he had a/c and he said yes and i laughed then later on that night when the car show ended he rolled out real slow and then he nailed it and he dissapeared. damn nice car i can post pics of the the car but i habe to get them on the computer

Dude, was grammar a requirement in your school???? It's like one long run on sentence with two whole periods and, come one man, spelling???? I thought Chicago school kids were in trouble but whoa....

Slowly but surely building the perfect animal.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Originally posted by HempHound
Blue Lights=SEX LIGHTS cause someone is about to get fu%@#*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #32
old_grendel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28836
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 Black MTX

FF Reputation: 4 old_grendel Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by BobBernard
Seriously, for me it's a 1995 Geo Metro. This little old lady drives it and she keeps getting all hard with me at the Winn Dixie, revving her engine and putting in grocerys.

One time I sped past her and she pulled her glasses down and mouthed "someone should spank you" really meanly.
that is hilarious!

my "rival" is this fool i work w...he has an 02 cavalier z22/24 whatever its the ecotec w 150 hp and we were talking because ppl at our job think its uber fast etc...so i ask him whats been done to it and he tells me intake and motor mounts...then he shows off his big ol 17" rims, body kit, and 2 15" subs in the back w a scratched to s**t plexiglass cover so you can see them bumping...anyways so im like ok so the cai adds maybe 10 hp at the crank...and he jumped down my throat cause i didnt mention the mounts...hes like "they add tq...do you even know HOW an engine works?!?!" at this point i just started to laugh, but he wouldnt let it go and proceeded to tell me how he ran 15.1 at the track w the car exactly how it is now (everything in it)...i later find out the car was stripped no subs, spare, carpets, etc, he was running drag radials...and it wasnt even him that drove it to 15.1...everytime i see him i want to beat him w whatever blunt object is at hand! id race him but i never have time to make it up to the track and he doesnt want to race me on the street

OMFG i hate him!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #33
tdkaye1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 36991
What I Drive: 2006 Infra-Red ZX4 ST - SAP I

FF Reputation: 1 tdkaye1 Good Standing Member
My REAL rival, would have to be a Cobalt SS Supercharged that lives down the street from me. Some snot nosed kid that thinks he's bad because he has a SC in that POS. It's okay though. Once I get a SC or turbo, he's ED!

Slowly but surely building the perfect animal.

ST Crew #000
Quote:
Originally posted by HempHound
Blue Lights=SEX LIGHTS cause someone is about to get fu%@#*
Old 08-04-2006, 02:41 PM   #34
teddy2heavy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25743
What I Drive: 2005, silver, ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 teddy2heavy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
mine would have to be my friends VR6 jetta. He has bad syncros and i still cant beat him. I did beat him off the line once even though he had 3 people in his car. I will one day crush him.

TEAM DURATEC #01
Old 08-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #35
PRTurboZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35585
What I Drive: Ford Focus ZX3T Black

FF Reputation: 1 PRTurboZX3 Good Standing Member
Oh Boy!! you guys are going to have a kick out of this one.. My rival that i just found out is a Kid in a 90's Civic with 15Psi of Boost, but get this he don't have a turbo in the car. Base on what my friend told me he has a boost gauge, CAI and a Tomato Fart Can as muffler and he claims he's car is doing 15PSI of boost.... Now I don't understand how in the Hell you get 15PSI of boost without Turbo. And i ask my friend how old is this kid, he reply: 23 years old. So we might race next weekend on the 1/4 mile track. This is going to be interesting.

90's Civic 15PSI with n/a VS 01 Turbo ZX3

I think i'm going to loose! hahahaha!!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #36
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^^^how do you get 15psi of boost without a turbo??? my guess would be a supercharger.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #37
PRTurboZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35585
What I Drive: Ford Focus ZX3T Black

FF Reputation: 1 PRTurboZX3 Good Standing Member
I'm guessing, but even if he has a supercharger,, can you do 15psi on supercharger?? and i don't think he has a supercharger neither, but i'll find out next weekend if he wants to race.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:26 PM   #38
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by PRTurboZX3
can you do 15psi on supercharger??
yes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:32 AM   #39
valthun
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21928
What I Drive: 2007 BRG Mini Cooper

FF Reputation: 1 valthun Good Standing Member
I would say that I don't have a rival. But I hate it when a Ferrari, Porsche, or Masserati are going just under the speed limit. Trust me it happens all the time where I live. Then theres the BMW M3 or Audi S4/S6 on the highway thats going 65. I feel insulted that I am passing them up. Although I did catch a 3 series off gaurd one day on an on ramp. He was putzing along, and so I took the second lane to pass, and he gunned it, and we ran about even until the end of the ramp.

My dream car from the time I knew what a car was, was the 911, and it still is. it always just seems like its barely out of my grasp. I really don't care about the year either, I just can't ever seem to get a hold of one. It will happen one day. I would be happy to just drive one around atrack for a day, well then I would probably want one even more.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #40
cruzstyle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12277
What I Drive: 2005 white focus zx3

FF Reputation: 5 cruzstyle Good Standing Member
mine is a spec-v and a corrola XRS

Bookmarks & Social Networks