....HELP ME!....sunroof deflector....Ford dealership employeees read.... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
....HELP ME!....sunroof deflector....Frod dealership employeees read....

OK...I lost the "U" shaped wind deflector that goes on my Focus' sunroof...the piece in the front that levers up and down, it's black plastic, with metal ends that let the sunroof know to stay closed as well..........It came out while I was driving back to base last weekend...

my sunroof is doing the "close then open thing" now......

I went the the Ford dealership last week (NOT SVT CERT....but does it even matter? non SVT part....) anyways.....I told them what happened....they never heard of this........

this is where it got FUNNY.....

They first said "is that an aftermarket sunroof?" I said NO....it came as an option on the car...
"is that an SVT only thing?" was the next question......."NO" I said......."Are you SURE?" they said....... .......they open the sunroof trying to find a ford logo or part number on the mech, and the glass......nope, no numbers.....they look at it like it's a foreign object

*to myself* WTF? um, regular foci came with sunroofs as an option as well DUMASS......F....

they said "Well we are gonna have to check in the records to make sure this was an option from the factory"........

10 min later......
"well, it seems to be a ford option, and we have the part on order for you"....

THANK GOD.....

I am really scared, as these are the people that are certified to "work" on my car.......

Fast forward to today......

I go in unannounced to check on the part's status.......

"well, looks like it's in" they tell me

great I thought....they should be able to snap it in right now......

WRONG.....

"Well, your car will most likely be in all day for that....well probably have to "drop the top".....

WHOA WHOA WHOA I am thinking......as in like; take my headliner and sunroof OUT?????

I don't know what to say....so I just make an appointment for now......

I ask them "what time can you do this for me?".....they tell me Friday at 1pm...."ok I say, and walk out"......

I AM NOT LETTING THEM DO THIS......

I posted this thread so that a QUALIFIED Ford tech/dealer/service manager can tell me in detail the procedure for installing a ford Power Moonroof wind deflector, so that I can take it back to them and show them how to do this.........I don't want my heaadlinder sagging, and have fit issues with it if they do this......

I read on here that the part can be easily removed by the owner for cleaning purposes.....WTF are they going to take shit apart to install this?????

it should just go back in its track, and snap in, right?

PLEASE HELP.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2006, 06:36 PM   #2
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
......anyone? I saw WD40 lost his, along with someone else.....
Old 07-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
fordblue72

Fan#: 26701
What I Drive: Focus

FF Reputation: 1 fordblue72 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First I hear you on the doubting them part. The dealer tried to sell me a car with bent rims and cracked brake shoes, then tell me no there is no problem,............ But yes sometimes cars come without the sunroof and if a customer want one they will put it in, instead of ordering a car from the factory. Keeps costs, and then you have the "Know it alls" behind the counter that will tell off the wall stories to save money and brown nose the boss..

Bookmarks & Social Networks