SVT needs to go to the dealership - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-21-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Focusmatt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20057
What I Drive: 03 Infra Red SVTF

FF Reputation: 10 Focusmatt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT needs to go to the dealership

So a couple of weeks ago i had the stealership winterize my car. simple block heater and gluing on some heating pads. well when they did the block heater they had to take the intake manifold off to put it in. today i ran to the store for some cash and gas and on the way back my check enegine light comes on. I stop by a local parts store so they could read the code for me and it was p0171 which is SYSTEM TO LEAN. When they put the intake back on they had some leaks so they took it off resealed everything and put it back on.

so anyways being an svt owner i get a free rental car for the svt being in the shop right? if so where could i find that on paper so im not fighting with some service guy not knowing his job?

03 Infra Red SVTF #0727 of 3985 / NW POSSE #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkyoda View Post
well said... focusmatt is a hater.
HATER OF ALL
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Hamrhead
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15106
What I Drive: '13 GT500

Points 1,640, Level 23
Points: 1,640, Level: 23 Points: 1,640, Level: 23 Points: 1,640, Level: 23
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Hamrhead Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusmatt View Post

so anyways being an svt owner i get a free rental car for the svt being in the shop right? if so where could i find that on paper so im not fighting with some service guy not knowing his job?
Pretty sure it's in writing in the owners manual.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
VdanielW
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 59349
What I Drive: 2004 Silver Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 VdanielW Good Standing Member
When they put your car into there computer system they will have all your vehicles warranty history and what goes along with being a SVT owner.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
Power Surge
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55878
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Power Surge Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusmatt View Post
So a couple of weeks ago i had the stealership winterize my car. simple block heater and gluing on some heating pads. well when they did the block heater they had to take the intake manifold off to put it in. today i ran to the store for some cash and gas and on the way back my check enegine light comes on. I stop by a local parts store so they could read the code for me and it was p0171 which is SYSTEM TO LEAN. When they put the intake back on they had some leaks so they took it off resealed everything and put it back on.

As a former dealer employee, let me fill you in on some things about loaner cars...

1- Loaner cars are a DEALERSHIP thing, not a Ford thing. You are never ENTITLED to a loaner car. It's up to the dealership. Some dealers don't even do loaner cars.

2- All the SVT deal does is have Ford pay the dealer for the use of their loaner car to you. It's still up to the dealer if you get one or not.

3- Not all years of SVT had the loaner car program.

4- Loaner cars are usually not given to people once past the basic Ford warranty time. The SVT deal is not for the life of the car, just the life of the basic warranty.

5- The only recourse you may have in asking for a loaner, is that the dealer is fixing their own screw up. If they agree to it, that's great. If they don't, you're out of luck.

Don't go in there with an attitude that you are entitled to a loaner car. It's a dealer courtesy, and nothing more.
2008 Vista Blue SE (gone)
Old 09-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
JohnMichael
Michael J. Caboose

Fan#: 21469
What I Drive: Black Hemi Ram & Honda Shadow VT600

FF Reputation: 7 JohnMichael Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
In an SVT Focus, there is a standard Focus Manual, along with an SVT manual stating quite clearly that the owner is entitled to a free rental upon bringing their vehicle in for warranty work.

I brought mine in 4 times and had a free Enterprise Rental Escape FREE everytime.

O'er Pirates from the Black of Pitch
Old 09-21-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
Power Surge
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55878
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 Power Surge Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
In an SVT Focus, there is a standard Focus Manual, along with an SVT manual stating quite clearly that the owner is entitled to a free rental upon bringing their vehicle in for warranty work.

I brought mine in 4 times and had a free Enterprise Rental Escape FREE everytime.
Once again, it's up the dealer. A rental, is even different than a loaner.

The program only covers basic warranty. No SVTF could possibly still be under basic warranty as we close in on 2009. You're not entitled to a loaner for an ESP.

I'm not saying you won't get one, again, it's up the dealer. They may like you that day, or may extend the SVT courtesy, or just might give you one because they are slow and want your business. My point is, you can demand one all you want, they make the choice, not Ford.
2008 Vista Blue SE (gone)
Old 09-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Moved to "SVT Owner's Lounge"

i myself have gotten a free loaner evertime i had my car in. before and after the 3yr/36k warranty
Old 09-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #8
Focusmatt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20057
What I Drive: 03 Infra Red SVTF

FF Reputation: 10 Focusmatt Great Standing Member
SVT is fixed and they did everything they could to make me happy...which is a first
03 Infra Red SVTF #0727 of 3985 / NW POSSE #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkyoda View Post
well said... focusmatt is a hater.
HATER OF ALL
Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
ShugarL0
bow chicka wow wow

Fan#: 48996
What I Drive: .

Points 8,977, Level 63
Points: 8,977, Level: 63 Points: 8,977, Level: 63 Points: 8,977, Level: 63
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 8 ShugarL0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
isint the SVT warranty 5 years/100k?

im the 2nd owner... but im hoping i can call the dealership and get them to honor it if thats right?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #10
superchop
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17483
What I Drive: '02 Sonic Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 4 superchop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
the 5yr/100k was only available for late 03's and 04 models i believe.

Also...the free rental. That is entirely up to the dealer...but bad luck to most is that since svt "disbanded" the whole free rental thing is never guaranteed anymore.

Depending on your warranty...you might be entitled to a discount on a rental car but nothing else. (at least i know i was with my extended warranty.)

Ryousuke Takahashi

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.