Clutch Coming Up - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-29-2006, 08:04 AM   #1
Anaxagoras1986
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34536
What I Drive: SVTF

FF Reputation: 15 Anaxagoras1986 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Clutch Coming Up

Well I think I am going to be doing this myself soon. I plan on replacing the following-
1.) PP
2.) Clutch Disk
3.) TO bearing
4.) Install Fidanza Flywheel
5.) Rear Main Seal
6.) Getrag seals near the CV shafts and perhaps on the input shaft.
7.) Can/should the CVs be repacked with grease?

Does anyone have the part numbers for those seals? The reason why I am replacing the rear main is because I noticed a tiny bit of seepage coming out near the bell housing. I tried tracing the oil and it could be coming from the valve cover grommets but I doubt it. With the tranny off the car it should be pretty easy to replace...

I'd like to change the CV seals because it seems like cheap insurance. From my experiences these things like to start to leak from time to time and that would be really bad on this tranny that's so difficult to get parts for.

What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2006, 12:37 PM   #2
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^Check the How To "sticky" at the top of the forums.
Seal numbers are listed in a linked thread.

Bookmarks & Social Networks