svtf vs 2.o dura - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #61
2nd_to_none
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30252
What I Drive: 05' silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 2nd_to_none Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
trust me your six gear my no lack of top end is why i cant hang with you on the highway. this is how im figuring it out. svt isnt great low end. i have a ton of low end so i think off the line ill get him. i think i got him beat till the 1/8th and hell start to catch up so i just talk shit cuz its fun but its a drivers race. will he beat me probley but hey ya never know its all in the fun of it. and yes a d20 responds to mods VERY well anf down in fl i ran a 15.4 at 88 mph without my tune so factor in higher alt. with my tune ill run a mid 15 so again its a drivers race im trying to win one for the D20!!!!

D20
-Dusting ricers since 2005

"i'd put it in her butt"

-wayne
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #62
gump1114
DTF

Fan#: 13164
What I Drive: 04 Neon SRT-4, '96 Eagle Talon

FF Reputation: 6 gump1114 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by 2nd_to_none
trust me your six gear my no lack of top end is why i cant hang with you on the highway. this is how im figuring it out. svt isnt great low end. i have a ton of low end so i think off the line ill get him. i think i got him beat till the 1/8th and hell start to catch up so i just talk shit cuz its fun but its a drivers race. will he beat me probley but hey ya never know its all in the fun of it. and yes a d20 responds to mods VERY well anf down in fl i ran a 15.4 at 88 mph without my tune so factor in higher alt. with my tune ill run a mid 15 so again its a drivers race im trying to win one for the D20!!!!
now now lets just all hope the real underdog here wins. the 130hp zetec.... lol (ok ok so 130hp to the motor stock...far from stock)
Old 07-06-2006, 12:32 PM   #63
Anaxagoras1986
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34536
What I Drive: SVTF

FF Reputation: 15 Anaxagoras1986 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by 2nd_to_none

By the figures I found- the D20 does not have very much more bottom end than the Zetec SVT. The SVT has a higher PEAK torque but not quite as much on the very bottom-end. The huge HP deficiet should put the SVT way ahead of the D20 though.

And the 6th gear won't help an SVT against anything on the highway. You are already running over 90MPH in just 3rd gear so 6th is too far out.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #64
gump1114
DTF

ok well im leaving in a bit to head towards ATL. i wont have access to a computer so if you guys what this to go down this weekend someone give me a call and let me know how to get to the track. 478-396-6237
Old 07-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #65
gump1114
DTF

Quote:
Originally posted by Anaxagoras1986
By the figures I found- the D20 does not have very much more bottom end than the Zetec SVT. The SVT has a higher PEAK torque but not quite as much on the very bottom-end. The huge HP deficiet should put the SVT way ahead of the D20 though.

And the 6th gear won't help an SVT against anything on the highway. You are already running over 90MPH in just 3rd gear so 6th is too far out.
i think you are kinda answering your own question. the trannys are quite different and most people agree the mtx-75 tranny is geared much better for drag racing. so that power down low will help the non-svts even better. but on a highway pull yes the svt should dominate.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:47 PM   #66
Anaxagoras1986
Focus Addict

Yes I agree with the MTX75 being better for drag racing. I HATE 1st gear in my SVT- it fries the clutch and is slow off the line. Even still, the SVT should be able to make a low 15 second pass right off the floor. With a few mods it can break into the 14s fairly easily. A tune would really help it too.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #67
slocussvt
Uber sexy euro time

Fan#: 17806
What I Drive: 02 Blue SVTF, 00 Black ZX3 (DD)

FF Reputation: 10 slocussvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally posted by Anaxagoras1986
Btw, did you have your SVT tuned yet?
I don't have a tune, just a K&N drop in filter, screamin demon coil pack/live wires, sts and eibach sportlines.

Well i guess we're racing tomorrow, unless its raining. If its raining tomorrow afternoon/sunset then would everyone agree to wait until next week?
FF09 bracket racing - 1st place
Old 07-06-2006, 01:16 PM   #68
Anaxagoras1986
Focus Addict

You should get a tune then. That's the best thing you could possibly do to the car from a performance standpoint. I have a K&N drop in and a tune and it is AWESOME
Old 07-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #69
Auto0utcast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10652
What I Drive: 2003 gutted zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Auto0utcast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i posted some better times last night at the local track here in ny...time now listed in sig and theres a thread here about it...im still ready if any of you wanna come north to play
MODS: svt header kit, RT 2.5" cat, FS flex, 2.5" trubendz Borla, FR wires, SCT chip, AEM short ram, spec stg 3, vf dogbone, h&r springs, brembo x-drilled and slotted rotors, hawk hp+ pads, oh and shes on a diet...
117hp 134tq - dynapack dyno www.synapsemotorsport.com
15.567 @ 86.51 Lebanon Valley Dragway
Old 07-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #70
Anaxagoras1986
Focus Addict

AutoOutcast- If you had an SVT top-end your car would really haul!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.