3 Fanatics at the Autocross... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #1
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
3 Fanatics at the Autocross...

Just wanted to post that we had 3 FFers at our big event yesterday. Myself, Venom713 (AKA Chad), and Jeremiah (forget his handle). This was Jeremiah's first time, and so he went out with me on my first 2 and I rode with him his first 2. I just wanted to let him know that he really impressed me right off the bat, and that he did very well for his very first event. He got a bit torqued off when he went off-course on his first run (missed an offset gate after a fast 'n tricky section) but stayed on for the other 3 and if I remember correctly didn’t even smack a cone. If he sticks with it then I think he’ll become very competitive in a short amount of time.

Chad wasn’t able to race that day, but he brought his girl out to watch, along with a buddy of his who owns an SRT-4 and was talking some smack about Foci right up until he watched me smoke a tuned (STU) SRT-4 ACR pretty convincingly. Here’s what he had to say;

“Sunday was so much fun for me... and i wasnt even racing! …I can NOT get over the look on my friends face when you RIPPED through the course, upping any SRT-4 by a good 2 seconds.

He didn’t believe me when I told him your focus was the only focus out of the bunch that was stock (the other two I though at least had different exhausts). "there's no way a stock focus could out run a SRT-4, let alone that one with all the mods done to it." and he heard it from your own mouth, you only have different tires on her... Oh the joy i got out of that moment you will never understand!!!”

Chad was just about crawling out of his skin with excitement now that he’s been to his first event, and I think I may have helped to create another cone-hunting maniac. We look forward to seeing him out on course, as well as Jeremiah, on the 16th.

I also wanted to mention that after about 2 years of petitioning, we got half of the parking lot of a major mall right in the city. Tons of spectators, lots of exposure for the club, and many great cars. It was so much fun to see so many people coming over to watch us tear it up, and hopefully the mall people saw how many people we were drawing in. Usually we are in such seclusion that new people have a heck of a time even finding the venue, but this was great. Perfect weather too, even though thunderstorms were on the forecast.

Anybody in the central Iowa region who want to come out and have a blast, please pre-register at www.dmvrscca.org for the next event at Southridge Mall on July 16th.

Hopefully I’ll have pics and videos up here soon.

Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
dannybohhy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26693
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 dannybohhy Good Standing Member
awsome job as per usual
Mods: Debaged, Painted calipers, Painted engine accents, Painted Grill, Black Ford Logos, LED interior, shifter and pedal set.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Sweetness.
Get them videos up!
Which reminds me...I'm WAY behind in my video postings.

And, kudos to beating the SRT-4 ACR...I haven't been so lucky.
Course, he's been 1st in PAX at every event so far. DAMN good driver.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

This ACR driver has been racing for about 1.5 years, but he still has a rough time with the whole "finesse" idea and keeps trying to puch through everything with horsepower. When it's driven by one of our most senior drivers, then the thing friggin flies!

8 years race experience + over 250WHP + adjustable dampers 'n other assorted mods = darn quick

I made up a fairly tight and technical course for this one though, so I might still have beat him even if Dan had been in the car. As public as it was (pretty close to moderately trafficed access roads and an active parking lot), we kept it tight and technical on purpose. Don't want some rookie driving straight into Sears at 70mph...

Oh, but check this out. Some idiot got mad that we were using the parking lot, and so he jumped a curb and drove through the course, while there was a car on course!. What an A-hole! The road he was on was perfectly open, there was more than enough mall parking, but he decided that he wasn't gonna let some hot-rod punks tell HIM where he was going to park his Explorer...
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 06-19-2006, 08:12 PM   #5
nov173
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 29840
What I Drive: 2014 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 79 nov173 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
wow....that's always cool when a stock car can beat modded car. it kinda makes the other person feel like they just...well.. stink at drivin. LOL hey it's all in fun tho. as long as you have fun and learn along the way it's a win win
Old 06-19-2006, 10:04 PM   #6
SpeedOften
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrera26
This ACR driver has been racing for about 1.5 years, but he still has a rough time with the whole "finesse" idea and keeps trying to puch through everything with horsepower. When it's driven by one of our most senior drivers, then the thing friggin flies!

8 years race experience + over 250WHP + adjustable dampers 'n other assorted mods = darn quick

I made up a fairly tight and technical course for this one though, so I might still have beat him even if Dan had been in the car. As public as it was (pretty close to moderately trafficed access roads and an active parking lot), we kept it tight and technical on purpose. Don't want some rookie driving straight into Sears at 70mph...

Oh, but check this out. Some idiot got mad that we were using the parking lot, and so he jumped a curb and drove through the course, while there was a car on course!. What an A-hole! The road he was on was perfectly open, there was more than enough mall parking, but he decided that he wasn't gonna let some hot-rod punks tell HIM where he was going to park his Explorer...
That's crazy about the guy in the explore... What a turd Burgular!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:05 AM   #7
SonicBlueSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15429
What I Drive: 2009 Fusion SE V6 Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 SonicBlueSVT Good Standing Member
It was way AWESOME! I just want to say thanks again Aaron, for all your help that day. Yea i was extremely dissappointed in the off course, just because so many others were doing it, and i didn't want to be one of them, but i was. oh well, at least i didn't hit any cones. plus i got my time down to a 34.505 that i was surprised/pleased with. Right now i'm anxious. Can't wait till the 16th.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:40 AM   #8
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Here are the Raw times for the Event...

http://khaosman.com/6-18-06UnofficialEventTimes.htm

#26 Aaron Lehmer = Carrera 26 (I know I had a 31 in me, oh well...)

#56 Jeremiah Johnson = SonicBlueSVT (Again, great job on a techincal course)

Not a Focus, but here's a video of the course from the roof-cam of an SM Evo VIII MR.

http://www.trashproductions.com/vids/6-18-06.zip

Last edited by Carrera26; 06-22-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
nomoreavril
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31008
What I Drive: 06 Chevy Cobalt LS 5speed

FF Reputation: 1 nomoreavril Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
cann you autocross in an automatic ? lol .

is autox kinda like drifting? where you gotta pull the ebrake and all that stuff? that would be kinda confusing to keep up with everything for me
*FOR SALE*NEEDS TO GO: FS DURATEC STRUT BAR 50$ -ZX3/ZX5 SIDE SKIRTS PM ME!!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:35 PM   #10
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^Nope...not at all like drifting (if you are, you're scrubbing off speed).
And, nope on the e-brake.

Check this out for some good info:
A Novice Guide to Autocross
And, yes, by all means, try it out sometime if you have the chance!
I've got several vids of my runs here: (though, I don't have anything in there from 2006 yet)
http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...=27030#content

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.