Tire Kingdom - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #1
BigRed03
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Tire Kingdom

I am presently in hatred with Tire Kingdom. Back in Feb. I got BFG g-force sport tires through them when they were on sale in Tampa where i go to college. Paid $550 or so for all 4 mounted, balanced, and for the lifetime balance/rotate dealy they have. Well, on April 29th I had come home for the Steeda Focus day in Ft Lauderdale. I decided to change my oil because I had just bought Royal Purple and wanted to try it out. I had only put about 2500 miles on the car since late Feb when i got the tires. Go to take the passenger side front tire off and change the oil (it gives me room under there and gave me a chance to clean out the inside of the rim). What do I find? One of the lugs is stripped. Well, i was mad and thought that with a little more force it would come off.......no, the lug bolt itself twisted off! Furious I went down the road after putting 3 lugs back to the local tire kingdom. They fixed it for me, but because they couldnt reach the Tampa tire kingdom I had to pay for it ($106 i didnt have...) and reconcile when i got back up to tampa. Bright and early monday morning I went in up in tampa and talked to the manager and he said he would take care of it. 4 weeks later I finally got the check.

Now I am back down in Ft Lauderdale. In the last month and a half i have put 3500 miles on my car with the royal purple, so i changed my oil. Guess what? a differnt lug is stripped!!!! this time it twisted off but i am not threading it back on. My dad is going to come home and look at it before I go in and have the heads over at tire kingdom look at it.

Anyone else have problems like this, or am I the only one to have tire kingdom screw up 2 lugs in a matter or months? I almost want them to give me back all my money and the tires and i will go else where to find tires. How do you strip 2 lugs? How? over worked and under paid workers dont care, the just use their "blast all nuts off/on" air tools and dont take the time to thread the lugs.

rant is over!

Advertisement

Old 06-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
gitar111
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24036
What I Drive: 2002 infared SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 gitar111 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
wow, that is rough, sorry man.

but how is the royal purple oil treating you?
Old 06-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
BigRed03
( o Y o )

pretty decent. When i changed my oil today I didnt have the $$ to get royal so i got regular old motorcraft, but the next time i change it im putting royal purple in. Sometime I need to change my tranny fliud. Yeah its a MTX 41k miles, but i want to put this royal purple syncromax in. With that and royal purple motor oil i should feel a difference in power, albiet slight.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
BlokesSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23440
What I Drive: 2003, Black, SVT. #2576 of 3985

FF Reputation: 1 BlokesSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not the same problem but I watched Discount Tires rotate the fronts to the rear and change the tires now on the front. They torqued the fronts and not the rears, I had to tell them to torque the rears!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
BigRed03
( o Y o )

yeah, i didnt feel like dealing with tire kingdom so once my dad got off work we went to advance auto and picked up for $8 a pack of 4 lug nuts and 2 wheel lugs themselves (wanted to have a backup incase this happens again at a different time of day since it seems to re-occur all the time with these people). Took 10 min to change, and the caliper has a hole for the lug to pop right through so that rotor didnt need to be taken off.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #6
focusonthefocus
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I got to America's Tire Co. and haven't had any bad experiences there... until the new guy. But I didn't give him a hard time since he was still learning.

Focus on the Mountain

Bookmarks & Social Networks