Your workplace's parking lot.... - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-15-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
CaptainStock19
Banned

Fan#: 19781
What I Drive: '03 Infra-red SE

FF Reputation: 1 CaptainStock19 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile Your workplace's parking lot....

What's the general vehicle like? I work for Caterpillar here in Peoria, Illinois.. So, some of the analysts that do the brainwork are pulling down biiiig money. Early in the afternoon you'll get the usual parade of 350Z's, 300's and Cadillac's rolling out of the parking lot.. Aside from that, it's your usual bunch of cars... But.. My workplace seems to be a haven for ricers/customizers. A few have peaked my interest (and humour).

Pics to be taken as soon as I can.. They have surveillance on the lot, so im scurred.

Car number one is a Mitsubishi Eclipse... It wouldn't be a bad car, but uh:

- Front rims inexplicably missing... Back rims don't match.

- The car is white.. that is.. until you get to the bumper, which is Red. It's not even kitted. It's a stock bumper.. It's just... differently colored. Apparently, he goes to an area with alot of peppermint and he likes to blend in.

- I've never.. to this day.. after two years on the job.. seen it cleaned.

- and, of course, since it's a ricer, it's got a bookshelf that sits higher than most of our lighting fixtures in the lot.

Good stuff.

Car number two is a newer model Spectra. It's actually a nice little car. It's dark blue and the guy's got blacked out rims with the chrome lip.. Looks really good... Well, that is, until you peep the SWEET flame vinyl he's got plastered down both sides of the car. I talked to him.. No internal engine modifications and no plans for performance.. He also looked somewhat confused when I asked him if he was going to drop the car... He told me.. wait for it... That he had "no plans of getting rid of it."

nice.

Beyond that.. We have the rich ricers. The bastards that I'd love to just take out back and strangle. The guys that buy the most amazing mod cars imaginable and do nothing with them. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the 4 individuals on first shift that bought STi's. The 4 individuals that park them side by side for all of us to drool over on a night to night basis. The 4 BASTARDS that have already said they know nothing about cars, but that they know the dealers said their's were "fast."

kill 'em all.

The only bright spot is the deep red, white pinstripped turbo'd 350Z that rolls in here every day. If my girlfriend knew that I was having orgasms every time I came to work, she'd be pissed, but every time I see that car, I kill a few more babies.

So how about you guys (and gals)?

*cs19.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2006, 10:22 PM   #2
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Re: Your workplace's parking lot....

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainStock19

Beyond that.. We have the rich ricers. The bastards that I'd love to just take out back and strangle. The guys that buy the most amazing mod cars imaginable and do nothing with them. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the 4 individuals on first shift that bought STi's. The 4 individuals that park them side by side for all of us to drool over on a night to night basis. The 4 BASTARDS that have already said they know nothing about cars, but that they know the dealers said their's were "fast."

kill 'em all.

that is pretty annoying when someone has a nice car but knows absolutely nothing about it. for some reason it bothers me when rich people are driving around in bmws and porsches, but the extent of their knowledge about the cars which they are driving comes from whatever bs the salesman told them.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #3
CaptainStock19
Banned

Indeed.. Speaking of that, I forgot about the SVT owner I saw in Autozone.. He was buying NOS floor mats. I wanted to cry. I asked him about the car and what'd he done so far... He held up the floormats and said that was it. He said he was looking to put a Supercharger in it, but didn't know that they were that expensive and that he was mildly upset because he couldn't find any "SVT" body kits. I told him to try looking for ZX3 body kits and gave him the address to the website... Hopefully, he's seen the light.

That poor car.

*CS19.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:27 PM   #4
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!

Fan#: 25991
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
well, ours is filled with mainly junker or beaters.....theirs a handful of mini vans, quite a few suv's, lotsa trucks, and random little cars. only nice cars in the lot are
1. 2002 mustang GT
2. 2005 Mustang Convert GT
3. 2003 Tundra(cuz it aint rusty, nice truck tho)
4. 2002 Dodge Stratus 2door with chrome wheels(looks nice, its kept clean)
5. 2003 Ford Focus 4door white, MINE
and yea...thats about all
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Old 06-15-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
madmark10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32652
What I Drive: 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

FF Reputation: 1 madmark10 Good Standing Member
frank para only seem to have trucks, but one guy has an srt-4 that is
Old 06-15-2006, 10:32 PM   #6
CaptainStock19
Banned

There's one SRT-4 here, but it's stock. The person keeps it pretty clean, though.

*Cs19.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:34 PM   #7
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Nothing interesting. I can't name them all since there are 150+ cars parked there.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:34 PM   #8
Dispraiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28589
What I Drive: 02' Silver Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Dispraiser Good Standing Member
I work at Petsmart, and I fear the parking lot. I've got some nice scratches on my bumper from getting hit into with carts.

I g hate my coworkers. They mostly drive junkers and taurus type cars. This one fat bitch (my nightmare) actually hit into my Manager's car one day and just left it, didn't even care. God that bitch has to go...

Actually, one time, it was raining out, and at the time one of our managers had her new jeep. So, we found her and said "Hey, it's raining out, wanna go cover your jeep?" and she freaks out and runs outside to cover it. Our other manager has his 2000 Focus SE (beaten to shit and all) and I tell him "Hey, your windows are down and it just started raining"

He starts to take a few steps out, then goes "Eh" and goes back to work.

None of my coworkers understand why I like my car at all...
Old 06-15-2006, 10:35 PM   #9
WitchCitySVT
Turbo!!!!

Fan#: 33699
What I Drive: 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

FF Reputation: 30 WitchCitySVT Great Standing Member
The only other performance cars at my work are a supercharged R32 (he a good friend of mine and really nows his ish when it comes to tuning VW's),a 2002 Camero SS (this guy really nows his cars to ,but is wickedlly obssesed with my SVTF and I don't know why, he also owns 4 chevy C-10's)a 06 GTO(this guy has no clue about cars,man he makes me sick) and an 06 mustang GT /w a KB supercharger, Borla exhaust ,and flash tuned(yeah he nows his ish to, he told me he can't wait til the GT500 hits the streets so he can smoke one). I'm sooooooo out classed.

2003 Competition Orange SVT *Revived*
2012 Black Sonic 1.4 Turbo LTZ

Last edited by witchcitySVT; 06-16-2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #10
madmark10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32652
What I Drive: 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

FF Reputation: 1 madmark10 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Dispraiser
I work at Petsmart, and I fear the parking lot. I've got some nice scratches on my bumper from getting hit into with carts.

I g hate my coworkers. They mostly drive junkers and taurus type cars. This one fat bitch (my nightmare) actually hit into my Manager's car one day and just left it, didn't even care. God that bitch has to go...

Actually, one time, it was raining out, and at the time one of our managers had her new jeep. So, we found her and said "Hey, it's raining out, wanna go cover your jeep?" and she freaks out and runs outside to cover it. Our other manager has his 2000 Focus SE (beaten to shit and all) and I tell him "Hey, your windows are down and it just started raining"

He starts to take a few steps out, then goes "Eh" and goes back to work.

None of my coworkers understand why I like my car at all...

lol i work at petsmart also part time, not to get off topic but what department... at the petsmart i work at there all rich bastards, one has a 2006 mini cooper s the other has a 2003 acura tl moded to hell. The manager has a 2006 infinity fx35 and i have my semi decent focus, and this girl i like has a mercadies -_-

Bookmarks & Social Networks