factory sub aftermarket deck.. easy way. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
faulkton
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35398
What I Drive: 2006 zx3 ses...Black

FF Reputation: 1 faulkton Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
factory sub aftermarket deck.. easy way.

I saw people cutting RCA and making the factory sub work with an aftermarket deck, but to me that just looked overly complicated and messy. So instead i bought this harness that included the reverse harness for the factory sub. Maybe this is a repost, but i didn't see it and i thought it might be useful.

I bought it from here,
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6nWLUs9...ss&i=120705521

It worked wonderfully. Just hooked it up and plugged it in..both the blue wires go to the amp turn on lead. It will let me use the factory stuff until i have time to finish install the rest of my system (hopefully soon). I wanted to be able to reinstall the factory stuff very easy when i get rid of the car.. and have it still work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #2
FocusInCali
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7987
What I Drive: 01 SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 FocusInCali Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Yeah, the cool find you have there is the RCA connector. Good catch.

Now, I wonder if there's one for the other end.... the stock connector at the stock amp converted to RCA, to use the stock HU to drive an aftermarket amp. This one gets hand-wired as well.

Here's a boat load of wire harnesses for various years, HUs, makes, models, etc....
http://www.installer.com/wires
Old 06-03-2006, 12:08 AM   #3
faulkton
Focus Enthusiast

yeah i dont know about that.. the only use i have for the stock HU is as a paper weight :)
Old 06-03-2006, 12:29 AM   #4
FocusInCali
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7987
What I Drive: 01 SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 FocusInCali Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
agreed

I don't know about the Ford units, but some stock HUs can be modified for an optical output to use an Alpine H701 and C701 combo.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:16 AM   #5
faulkton
Focus Enthusiast

yeah i dont really have the time or ability to really use anything like that to its full potential. My ears arent that good and i dont have access to a RTA... so anything beyond basic eq'ing is wasted on me. Im happy with flexible xovers, basic eq and decient pre-out voltage. Thats the reason i choose the 780mp over the 880prs.

If i didnt want to keep the factory steering wheel control, and integrate sirius i would have just stuck with my 8454.

Bookmarks & Social Networks