This Is Why Street Racing Should Be Illegal - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-30-2006, 11:36 PM   #61
ILuvMyZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26263
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ILuvMyZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yeah, guilty until proven innocent, LOL.
Team Duratec #45
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2006, 11:43 PM   #62
nomoreavril
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31008
What I Drive: 06 Chevy Cobalt LS 5speed

FF Reputation: 1 nomoreavril Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
thats why you race just enough to know you're ahead of them and you're gonna win then stop.....lol jk
*FOR SALE*NEEDS TO GO: FS DURATEC STRUT BAR 50$ -ZX3/ZX5 SIDE SKIRTS PM ME!!
Old 05-31-2006, 02:21 AM   #63
Frost__2001
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3412
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Frost__2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by goinloco1
and once again this is why i dont comment in these threads. did anyone read the title or story? evidently the word alleged didnt click. the news makes people so biased its not funny.
once hes found guilty its no longer alleged, but yet so many already find them guilty.
for example say s2 was alleged to have been a contributory factor to a death in a crash while streetracing as reported by the news. guilty already right?
Actually here in Canada our Legal system states " you are guilty, until proven inocent " just like that of the legal system in any part of the Britsh Commonwelth.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:37 AM   #64
OandAWOW
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8384
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST

FF Reputation: 14 OandAWOW Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by goinloco1
and once again this is why i dont comment in these threads. did anyone read the title or story? evidently the word alleged didnt click. the news makes people so biased its not funny.
once hes found guilty its no longer alleged, but yet so many already find them guilty.
for example say s2 was alleged to have been a contributory factor to a death in a crash while streetracing as reported by the news. guilty already right?
It doesn't matter if they were street racing or not, point is they were doing 90s in a 40 zone...does that click?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:38 AM   #65
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
The given example is a direct corollary to many other street racing incidents in which the racer proved to be at fault and the cause of the accident. We are not arguing this particular case so much as that general trend of street racing, it's proven history, and it's real-world implications. Whether or not THIS incident was a direct cause of street racing has no bearing on the fact that many other similar accidents have been.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 05-31-2006, 10:08 AM   #66
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally posted by OandAWOW
It doesn't matter if they were street racing or not, point is they were doing 90s in a 40 zone...does that click?
Good Point, 90's in a 40, if that ain't 'racing' what is? Your heavily exceeding the speed limit, regardless, your breaking the law.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:19 PM   #67
DirtyDeeds
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23692
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF, 2003 G35, 2001 Audi S4

FF Reputation: 5 DirtyDeeds Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
So when might we see a ruling on the street racing threads?
Should they go or should they stay...
Old 05-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #68
zetecfreak
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30875
What I Drive: TURBOD Black 02 SE

FF Reputation: 9 zetecfreak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I am against street racing, for the most part. I believe racing at a abandoned airstrip is perfectly safe (well as safe as being at a drag strip). Racing through a city is stupid. Accelerating as fast as possible (as long as this dosnt break tire traction) to the posted speedlimit is legal, can be dangerous, is still racing but legal.
As for the "take it to a track" quote. This is not possible for all of us. I live at least 100 miles from a track. I also attend college, and have many bills to pay. Going to a track is expensive for me. (gas plus track fees.) There is no fix for the problem. Taking it off this forum would be a bad idea. If you take it off here ppl will go somewhere else to post it. If you draw a line about what is right and wrong to talk about, you will have to keep drawing lines until there is nothing to talk about. We are all adults here, (well most) we understand that street racing is illegal and dangerous. The way it has been handled is great and in my opinion dosent need changed (For clarity I mean posting on this Forum). If it has to be on a track, the stories will change and adapt to that.
I love this forum. Ive visited a lot of other forums for FOCI and other cars and stuff. But no forum is as nice as this one. Please do not start telling us what we can and can not say. That will make this forum just like all of the other forums.
Also, I agree with Carrera. If you have ever raced on a track then street racing is not as fun, and is almost pointless. But grudges happen. Everyone on this forum would love to wipe the smile of the face of that punk kid in his fart cannon civic. Some of us have control and dont, others loose control at the sound, and smugness the kid and his car are giving off and race anyway.
Your car should not be taken away for street racing. The government would abuse that just like the abuse anything else they can control. Loosing your license is a good idea. The problem with all punishment is they cant be cruel or unusual. Lossing your parents at the age of 7 is cruel and unusual but, the killer of said parents spends only a few years in prison. The problem isnt Street Racing, its how its handled and perceived, how my car has to be faster than yours, its are culture in general. We have to have everything better than everyone, and then we have to show it off and proveit. Some ignore this, some given an average amount, while others will accidentaly kill for it. Its america, just watch our TV. Everything is competitive in our world. My girlfriend is prettier, or ive had more girls. The same with cars.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #69
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
I think what could curb street racing more than anything is real driver training. IE make it as hard to get a liscence here as it is in Germany or much of Europe. In Germany you have to have hours and hours of REAL driver training that includes high-speed Autobahn and emergency manouvers experience. Only after you have paid enough to prove that you want to gain and retain the priviledge (about $3K), and know enough to safely pilot a 3000lb guided missile in close proximity to other drivers do they allow you to have a liscence.

The result? Not only are there 25% of the accidents on the Autobahn as compared to our highways but there is much less of a street racing problem. Of course, the close proximity of tracks and events for speed demons (like the good ole Nurburgring) does a lot for that as well, but I think knowledge and respect for what a car will do near the limit would make a lot of people realize how dangerous it is. Not only that, but it's much easier to lose that hard-earned liscence. In Sweden, for instance, 1 DUI = no liscence for the rest of your life. Sounds right to me!
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 05-31-2006, 10:09 PM   #70
babyface
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 29791
What I Drive: '06 ZX4 ST, '06 Escape, '87 911 Cab

FF Reputation: 5 babyface Good Standing Member
hey, i got a question. Is it bad to be doing a stoplight race, with a mustang, up to the speed limit, in this case, 50mph?

As in, i was at the light in the Porsche, and a 05+ Mustang GT comes up and revs me. We go at the light, and kill it when we hit 50. I won, lol
ST Crew #1

Current Mods: Silverstars, iPad radio/navigation, center muffler delete, Hella 700FF driving lights, brakes, Red/White footwell LED's, lock-switch lights, Tigger doll from GF

Bookmarks & Social Networks