This Is Why Street Racing Should Be Illegal - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-29-2006, 12:16 PM   #11
ILuvMyZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26263
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ILuvMyZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^^ yeah, I can't believe how many people are actually defending street racing.
I hope I never come across one of them causing an accident, I'll rip their arms off and then beat them to death with them.
Team Duratec #45
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #12
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
So is speeding, to dark a tint...the list goes on. Illegal is illegal and there isn't much of a variance (opinion). Admittedly you can guess that somethign like 75% of street racers are asshats but then again probably an equal amount of drivers, if not higher, simply cannot drive at all whatsoever and are just as dangerous. I'm not a street racer but if everything lines up just right (safety assesment, a worthy car to run) then yeah I will at times run. Will I do 90 in a 35, no way unless it's in BFE. My record is spotless and I've caused zero accidents in my history which is doing much better than alot of 100% law abiding types. Some of us know what we are doing out there, not many but some. I remain convinced that the percentage of street racing accidents is far below that of the average "lack of ability to operate a motor vehicle" drivers.

04 SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"
Old 05-29-2006, 12:19 PM   #13
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
The thing is, and this is applicable with all laws, make the sentences harsh. Take their car away for a year, right then and there. See how much of this still goes on. Same goes for other crimes, murder, mandatory life sentence, no parole. That's the 'key' to getting rid of this crap that toxifies the world.....

You wonder why there's little to no crime in other types of the world, why, because the sentences are extremely harsh.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:23 PM   #14
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
in the case of street racing it's probably because the speed limits are much higher there

I kid man...

04 SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"
Old 05-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #15
ILuvMyZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26263
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ILuvMyZX3 Good Standing Member
I say take their car away, and part it out. let the county make some more profit out of it... stupid ricers, lol.
yeah, harsher sentences is the key.
Team Duratec #45
Old 05-29-2006, 12:52 PM   #16
superchop
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17483
What I Drive: '02 Sonic Blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 4 superchop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Actually...with street racing i've heard and seen a bunch of kids getting their car impounded and crushed...all the while they still have to pay off the car completely (even when it is a cube)

I just don't know how bad it must be for them to impound and crush the car.

Ryousuke Takahashi
Old 05-29-2006, 01:01 PM   #17
stoopidsteve87
!FRENCH FRY!

Fan#: 31168
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda3 Skyactiv

FF Reputation: 8 stoopidsteve87 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally posted by LastRites
So is speeding, to dark a tint...the list goes on. Illegal is illegal and there isn't much of a variance (opinion). Admittedly you can guess that somethign like 75% of street racers are asshats but then again probably an equal amount of drivers, if not higher, simply cannot drive at all whatsoever and are just as dangerous. I'm not a street racer but if everything lines up just right (safety assesment, a worthy car to run) then yeah I will at times run. Will I do 90 in a 35, no way unless it's in BFE. My record is spotless and I've caused zero accidents in my history which is doing much better than alot of 100% law abiding types. Some of us know what we are doing out there, not many but some. I remain convinced that the percentage of street racing accidents is far below that of the average "lack of ability to operate a motor vehicle" drivers.
ok, there is a difference here. tint too dark isn't gonna kill anyone. 5 mph over the limit can make a difference, but realistically it isn't going to increase the risk factor by all that much. street racing, though i'm not gonna denying messing around a few times here and there, and again like u, just on back roads and the places i know well that aren't trafficked much, is still highly dangerous. even with a smart driver that is watching for everything around them, there's always the unexpected to take into account. you can't just sit here and say that illegal tint and speed racing present about the same risks to the driver, passengers, and pedestrians.
Gump Crew #11 / Team Duratec #196
THE Blazin' Copper Hottness of the South

!FRENCH FRY! - The Stop Light Destroyer
Taylor Swift Crew(TSC) #2
Old 05-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #18
Frost__2001
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3412
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Frost__2001 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Well Here in Ontario our laws are very laxed at best, and this is not the 1st time some idiots killed someone, I put this thread up as Should be illegal, because most people try to defend street racing as a sport, or something they do on empty roads in the middle of nowhere.

Reality is unless people get it that you can race legally on a race track ( yes that means you'd have to pay to use a track ) and our Highways systems are not the AutoBahn, things like this will happen and the reality is innocent people will pay the price for it over the person who cause things like this to happen. Really I bet anyone who wants to justify street racing should watch that news clip of that little girl leaving her family home without her parents, looking so lost and then try to justify street racing.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:13 PM   #19
..:: sleestak ::..
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Re: Re: This Is Why Street Racing Should Be Illegal

Quote:
[Alcohol/Drugs. That's our biggest problem right now. [/B]

Esp out here, in Colorado.....

Liquor stores are closed on Sundays & I cant find a sack anywhere this weekend.

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues
Old 05-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #20
netdrgoon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26752
What I Drive: 2005 Focus Zx3 se D20 M5 - blazing

FF Reputation: 2 netdrgoon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I find taking a car and crushing it our outright siezing it to be quite tyrranical. Take their license. Fine them. Humiliate them, but if someone tried to just take my car that I have thousands of dollars in and sell it or crush it, I assure you, there would be trouble.

Our government is quite keen on siezing property and reeping profit or whatever from it lately. that. That is bullshit.

If I were forced to sell it (hell, remember, they took my license), that would be doable, but outright essentially stealing it, no way.

Bookmarks & Social Networks