why would a svt owner steal from another svt owner - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-27-2006, 06:38 AM   #1
dukie4life
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 32720
What I Drive: 2003 red svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 dukie4life Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
why would a svt owner steal from another svt owner

wondering if anyone else on here has had any problems with trades going south...because i had a deal set up with a member and we were going to trade intakes...well i sent mine and he never sent his....just this is the first time i have tried anything on this site just wondering if this happens a lot? thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2006, 07:01 AM   #2
StealthGray
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19017
What I Drive: '04 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 12 StealthGray Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I don't know about it happening a lot, but it is definitely "Buyer Beware". I bought one item off this list, and sold several others, and haven't had a problem. I would like to think that everyone on this list is good, but just like the rest of the world there's a few bozos who screw things up...
If you were buying or selling I'd suggest using PayPal to have some coverage, but since it was a swap you had no option there.
Don't be afraid to post the bozo's information - at least that way you might keep someone else from getting screwed - or embarass him into making good...
Old 05-27-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
MattZX3
Detailing Freak

Fan#: 30258
What I Drive: 2012 Nero Black, Fiat 500 Sport

FF Reputation: 23 MattZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Heres my .02.. i bought a set of rims off of here from another user, BUT, i made sure it was within driving distance from me. Its not that i dont trust people, but i wanted to pay cash, as i dont have paypal, and i didnt want to have to pay shipping on rims.

My suggestion to you: WHen buying anything, try to find it closer to home, within driving distance. This way, the seller knows he/she is getting their money, and you know that your not getting screwed.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
KentSVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 33868
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed SVT

FF Reputation: 3 KentSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Hey before going public with this persons info, you should try getting ahold of them again, and if you don't get a response, I would then contact a moderator with a PM and give them this persons info and see what they want you to do. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's rep until I know for sure they don't have a legitimate excuse. Just my .02
Old 05-27-2006, 08:38 AM   #5
HempHound
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33197
What I Drive: 2004 Infra Red ZX3 2.3L Team Duratec #66

FF Reputation: 1 HempHound Good Standing Member
I say screw the guys rep blow him out of the water post his name and let the FF comunity shun his every request...
Team Duratec #66
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

--
Have a nice day from,the Emerald
City
Old 05-27-2006, 08:45 AM   #6
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 21 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Re: why would a svt owner steal from another svt owner

Quote:
Originally posted by dukie4life
wondering if anyone else on here has had any problems with trades going south...because i had a deal set up with a member and we were going to trade intakes...well i sent mine and he never sent his....just this is the first time i have tried anything on this site just wondering if this happens a lot? thanks
How long have you been waiting for this guy to return his intake? Maybe something happened on his end. Yeah, I'd try to get a hold of him again before posting his info. Then contacting the mods for assistance. Paypal and meeting in person are safer options. Hopefully this guy will come to his senses.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:59 AM   #7
dukie4life
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 32720
What I Drive: 2003 red svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 dukie4life Good Standing Member
How long have you been waiting for this guy to return his intake? Maybe something happened on his end. Yeah, I'd try to get a hold of him again before posting his info. Then contacting the mods for assistance. Paypal and meeting in person are safer options. Hopefully this guy will come to his senses

its been over 2 weeks now. i overnighted mine to him...his request... and he told me he was going to do the same. but like i said its been over 2 weeks and nothing... i have called and talked to him and he said it was sent but he didnt have a tracking number.. he throw it away or something... im just pissed because im out an intake
Old 05-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #8
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing MemberWD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Moved to "Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews"...
Please use caution with the public info.
At least give the seller a chance to explain the situation.

Once that opportunity is exhausted, and their end of the deal isn't satisfied...
By all means...post away!

Ya never know, there could be a valid reason...
Though, that doesn't look like the case here.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:30 AM   #9
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 21 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Sorry Dukie, hope you get your stuff. Sucks people are like that.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #10
quiksilver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26987
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 2 quiksilver Good Standing Member
What you should do is call ups, fedex and dsl and usps to see if any packages were ever scheduled to be shipped to your address and if they say no then this guy is all bull shit about sending it, just tell them you never recieved a tracking #. Thats what i did when draxas claimed they sent my headers.
ST CREW #26
TEAM D23 #2

Bookmarks & Social Networks