3 Foci Hit the 1320 At Lebanon Valley! - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #31
Ripped_06_ST
Retired Focus Addict

Fan#: 18779
What I Drive: 2013 5.0

FF Reputation: 49 Ripped_06_ST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally posted by magic2119
svt and 17.02 dont belong in the same sentence. lol

well guys i have a 2.0 l duratec and ran a 15.79. i was running the botton half of a mmcai, so it was about the same as your "stealth" intake. you should run 15.6's easy
Thank god for this guy.... 15.7 is obviously possible with an ST.
ST Crew #16
Think adoption before buying, give a needy animal a loving and caring home!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #32
Auto0utcast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10652
What I Drive: 2003 gutted zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Auto0utcast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
a 15.7 in stock form does not inspire thoughts of blazingly fast cars... and as far as "faster 4 bangers... ummm no... not unless you tend to run low 14's stock. (srt4, cobalt ss, 91-94 sentra se-r's...etc... anyways... my car has possibly 1500-2k$ into it motor wise...am i content with it, yes, do i want it to be faster... of course.. will it get faster... depends on cash flow, but a focus is not, nor will it ever be "wickedlyfast"
MODS: svt header kit, RT 2.5" cat, FS flex, 2.5" trubendz Borla, FR wires, SCT chip, AEM short ram, spec stg 3, vf dogbone, h&r springs, brembo x-drilled and slotted rotors, hawk hp+ pads, oh and shes on a diet...
117hp 134tq - dynapack dyno www.synapsemotorsport.com
15.567 @ 86.51 Lebanon Valley Dragway
Old 06-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #33
Ripped_06_ST
Retired Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Auto0utcast
a 15.7 in stock form does not inspire thoughts of blazingly fast cars... and as far as "faster 4 bangers... ummm no... not unless you tend to run low 14's stock. (srt4, cobalt ss, 91-94 sentra se-r's)
I am talking about N/A.... and SRT-4 and a Cobalt SS is NOT an N/A car... I don't know about a 91-94 Sentra... but I am sure they aren't that fast.

Throw a turbo on an ST and that turbo'd ST would burn a Cobalt and for sure keep up with an SRT-4.

As for the Sentra's... the new ones are nothing special... I have taken one before.
ST Crew #16
Old 06-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #34
Ripped_06_ST
Retired Focus Addict

It's definately one of the faster N/A 4 bangers... Can you name one that is drastically faster?
ST Crew #16
Old 06-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #35
Auto0utcast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10652
What I Drive: 2003 gutted zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Auto0utcast Good Standing Member
rsx-s, 06 civic si, s2000, matrix xrs, corolla xrs, need i go on? and as far as the sentras go... you can find them for 2000$ with an sr20 in them.. throw a set of cams in it and you can run 13's NA.... now... its STILL a focus. yes we own one.. no its nothing to brag about and its NOT blazingly fast. you are talking about a 4000$ turbo kit to run with a bone stock car as well... ill save that 4k$ for a down payment on something much faster and a better platform to begin with.
MODS: svt header kit, RT 2.5" cat, FS flex, 2.5" trubendz Borla, FR wires, SCT chip, AEM short ram, spec stg 3, vf dogbone, h&r springs, brembo x-drilled and slotted rotors, hawk hp+ pads, oh and shes on a diet...
117hp 134tq - dynapack dyno www.synapsemotorsport.com
15.567 @ 86.51 Lebanon Valley Dragway
Old 06-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #36
Ripped_06_ST
Retired Focus Addict

Civic SI... a 15.6 at best stock not impressive for something that has like 50 more HP than an ST.

Matrix XR-S.... it has a good 10 more ponies but lack's over 25 ft. lbs of torque from the ST

a Corolla XR-S a 15.8, same as Matrix.

S2000 is in a class of it's own... they are beast's I will give you that.

RSX type-s is ok but could be better for what you are supposabley getting.

So far you only gave two cars that are pretty quick but both get fairly bad gas milage compared to the ST.

That was hilarious that you named those two Toyota's...LOL That was useless since an ST can take those... have proved that... The Martrix XRS runs a 10.8 at best in the 1/8 mile....
ST Crew #16
Old 06-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #37
Ripped_06_ST
Retired Focus Addict

Then you keep saying I am too reliedon mag times... where are you getting the times for the cars you are listing??? An ST that CAN break a 15.7 quarter mile is quick and will keep up if not beat all the other 4 bangers in it's class... mightymouse32205 proved that with his 10.1 1/8 mile time and when converted, if he kept shifting good and really pushed coulda had a 15.7 quarter.
ST Crew #16
Old 06-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #38
netdrgoon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26752
What I Drive: 2005 Focus Zx3 se D20 M5 - blazing

FF Reputation: 2 netdrgoon Good Standing Member
Quote:
depends on cash flow, but a focus is not, nor will it ever be "wickedlyfast"

You won't be saying that this fall. :)

I have hella cash flow now, and a nasty ported, polished, and milled headswap with all my junk, cams, and a 75 shot of nitrous will be pretty wickedly fast. Low 14 second NA times are coming, be warned.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #39
Ripped_06_ST
Retired Focus Addict

If you are hitting low 14's with your mods plus cams and NOS I should be in high 13's with my intake, header, cams, exhaust, tune, and NOS me also being a 75 shot....
ST Crew #16
Old 06-11-2006, 08:22 PM   #40
firemanfrank
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5254
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 firemanfrank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
haha! firemanfrank good to hear from ya man. as far as that catback issue goes and such the focussport exhaust is fantastic ...
Heh, good to hear from you too Travis!

Well, if I do end up getting an exhaust, I'm probably going to have to go with the one that the muffler shop can get (seems like they deal with Magnaflo). The one he quoted me on was the 2 1/4" pipe.

But it's all good, thanks for the info!

Quote:
... my friend ryan has the 2.3 in his 03 zx3 and has a marcy motorsport full cai and with the intake and fs stealth catback ran a 15.17 at 91 on 17" rims at good ol LVD.
A 15.17? Now that's more like it!

Quote:
... hes never mentioned an issue with hydrolock or even sputtering for that matter.
I'm sure you're right, and that I have nothing to worry about. But to tell you the truth, I get the heebie jeebies every time it rains!

Quote:
... as far as the wheelhop, im looking into a whole new suspension... prolly eibach since i had great luck with their sportline stuff on my previous car and a rear spring insert or 2 for track days.
I know that there is a traction bar for earlier Foci (Lakewood I think), but they don't make one yet for the '05-'06 model years. That's really what I was hoping for.

Lata bro!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.