The Who's Who of Focus Autocrossers - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #31
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by SonicBlueSVT
The only downside to autocross that I have come across, is that my pigment impaired self, comes away with a very painful sunburn after each event. I even made sure apply sun block multiple times at the second event, and i still got toasted. Oh well. I'm eagerly aniticipating my next autocross expierience.
Time for a dorky tourist straw hat (or fisher/army hat) and maybe a long-sleeved mesh shirt. They do have those exercise long-sleeve jerseys that "pull out the sweat from your body to the outside of the shirt." Whether they do or don't, they're lightweight and will cover your skin. Yeah, just try and cover your body with light clothing.

I hate how my eyes feel after an event. I usually go straight home and pretty much crash after I take a cold shower.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2006, 01:58 AM   #32
SVT_CLARITY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36804
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SVT_CLARITY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
so do you HAVE to work events when you run?

^^^^^^ilcowil. . .just so you know, i voted for you in the avatar contest. that shit just cracks me up.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #33
torradan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25031
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4

FF Reputation: 7 torradan Good Standing Member
yes you do have to work at the events. Its usually one work session per run. So, if you do 5 runs, it means you work 5 times.
Western New York SCCA - Cone Killer #440
Old 07-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #34
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT_CLARITY
so do you HAVE to work events when you run?

^^^^^^ilcowil. . .just so you know, i voted for you in the avatar contest. that shit just cracks me up.
Trust me, you want to work at the events. Not only is it rewarding to give back and be part of it, but you learn SO much from working the course. You get to see up close just how everybody is taking each section, and what it fast or slow. Far more informative than just sitting on the sidelines.

I too just recovered from the sunburn at the last DMVR event with Venom713. I was the event chair, so no sitting under a shade tree for me, and 12 straight hours out in the heat from setup to tear-down. I put sunblock on in the morning, but I think that it had pretty much vaporized by about noon. (a measured 120.5 degrees at the asphalt on that day, 112 air temp with heat index) I put my sunscreen right back in my box 'o racing supplies when I got home so that I don't do that again...

Hopefully we're going to have 4 Fanatics at the next event, the Mama Sam challenge. I hope to see Venom713, SonicBlueSVT, and W~Phoenix~{RC} out there duking it out for the trophy! (Des Moines Valley vs. Iowa vs. Great River regions. Iowa got the trophy last year, but they shouldn't expect to keep it! )
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 07-27-2006, 12:18 PM   #35
OrangeSVTguy
Get Squashed

Fan#: 33384
What I Drive: '04 Comp. Orange SVT 3dr.

FF Reputation: 44 OrangeSVTguy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
you always work for one heat then you race in the other heat. during the other heats you are allowed to do what you want, go get something to eat or take pictures. you don't have to work but then your times won't count and they will exclude your times from the event. so if there are 4 heats running that day, you will work just one of them then race in the other and have the other 2 to goof off or whatever.
SVT Squad #227 || Build # 1329 of 1978 || FF ROTM Oct. 2006
Old 07-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #36
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Yeah, I always work a heat, of course. I prefer to work the first heat, or second (depending on how many we have) and run the last just to watch everyone drive around the course. As Carrera said, it's always beneficial to see where people are making mistakes and taking good lines. Now putting what you've seen into action, that's another story...
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 07-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #37
Dcl2049
MyCarBreaksAlot

Fan#: 18957
What I Drive: 2002 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 69 Dcl2049 Excellent Standing Member
Our region is so small that you're SUPPOSED to work if you're not running. They break it up into two groups, usually Stock, STS and Modified, Prepared, etc. When you're not running you're working. It's amazing how people tend to disappear whenever they're through running, leaving about 10 people working the whole track at a given time.
Dan - gumpcrew #4
[BBS][Borla][Focus Central][Hella][K&N][Koni][Lentech][Wings West]
#23 STS Wiregrass Region SCCA
Old 08-28-2006, 06:11 AM   #38
liquid01
Focus Addict

Fan#: 252
What I Drive: ZX3 S2 modded--Just a touch

FF Reputation: 3 liquid01 Good Standing Member
Car: 1984 honda civicc " wagon" Yeah all you are jealious(spell) now huh!!!
Modds.... Well it does have 216,000 miles on it so does a quart of oil every three weeks count?
Tires: Bridstones potenza`s. 185/70/ 14.. Come on all you realy want a set of these.
Class: It doesn`t realy matter I always come in DFL (dead F-in last) in this car..
Motor: 1.3 liter max output---- a whopping 85 H.P.

Aspirations----
Old 08-31-2006, 09:46 AM   #39
arrestmespi
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 27586
What I Drive: '04 Mazdaspeed Mx-5, '72 M35A2

FF Reputation: 27 arrestmespi Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
NAME: Ian Riden
CLASS: Street Modified
NUMBER: 687
MODS: See my signature, though I have more then that
RUN: Philly SCCA and Porsche Club of America Chesapeke Region

All I have to say is SPI Power cause its the only caged SPI running SM probably in the world.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #40
BMARTIN03ZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23931
What I Drive: 2004, Infra-red EAP SVT Turbo

FF Reputation: 2 BMARTIN03ZX3 Good Standing Member
Car: 03 ZX3
Mods: Focussport Race Header, Mbrp exhuast, tein lowering springs w/ kyb shocks/struts, Focussport stress bars front and rear, 17" wheels, svt rear disc brakes, spc camber plates, cai, xcal2
Class: STS
Region: Eastern Washington

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->