Yay for Ford Focus! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
magicleo2120
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8683
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Gray ZX4

FF Reputation: 4 magicleo2120 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yay for Ford Focus!

Ford Focus 2006 Ford Focus
MSRP: $13,005 - $17,905
Deal: $2,500 cash; 0-4.9 percent financing
Expires: May 31, 2006
NHTSA: 4-door Focus: Frontal impact - five stars driver, four stars passenger; Side impact - three stars front, four stars rear; Rollover - four stars. 2-door Focus: Frontal impact - four stars driver and passenger; Side impact - three stars front, four stars rear with safety concern; Rollover - four stars
IIHS: Good, frontal offset; Poor rating for side impact without optional side airbags
MPG (combined): 28

The Ford Focus just may be the perennial sleeper car of all time, and proof that first impressions do indeed count. After all, it offers virtually everything you need when it comes to commuting or basic transportation: Great gas mileage, low emissions, relative comfort, and zippy performance. Granted, NVH is an issue, but at this price – with money stacked on the hood – you should be ashamed to turn away from the Focus just because the interior is a little loud.

Shoot. Turn the radio up, for goodness sakes. For 2005, Ford even restyled the Focus, giving it a more mature look, the same look that's on the 2006 model. This, plus rebates and special financing, makes the Focus a virtual no-brainer for the segment, especially with gas prices rising and the sky clouding over with soot. The Focus is, ultimately, one of the feel-good cars of the year: a good deal at the dealership, a zippy ride, with great fuel economy and virtually nothing emitting from its tailpipe in “green” states, such as California. Who needs a hybrid, anyway?

http://www.autobytel.com/content/sha...le_id_int/1421

PIAA headlights & window wipers, Silverstar turn signals, clear OBX side markers, ST grille and ST fog-light bezels, white LED dome light, blacked out tail lights, debadged, MBRP exhaust, Focus Sport CAI, Focus Central front strut bar, Pioneer DEH-P6700MP CD player, Pioneer 3-way & 4-way speakers, 2 Kenwood 10"s, Dual Amp (2 channel), 5% 2xrear tint, 5% 1xfront, Eibach Sportline suspension w/ Pro dampers and more to cum...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
CrazyMatt
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe

Fan#: 2179
What I Drive: 2009 Octane Blue Pearl Lancer GTS

FF Reputation: 6 CrazyMatt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
^Slow your roll Dirk Diggler or you're going to have be back in the hospital with broken nuts!
Old 05-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
Yippy! No wait.....w00t?

It's cool to see our cars continue to receive praise

04‘ SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"
Old 05-10-2006, 12:42 AM   #4
Sinan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 34000
What I Drive: 2007 Reflex Silver VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 5 Sinan Good Standing Member
I got one like that...paid only around 13K for it new...there is nothing wrong with it at all...in fact, it has become a better car than it's previous brothers and sisters. Interior is much better designed...yeah it's all plastic, but who gives a fck...you're not gonna sit there and lick it. Last time I thought about it was when I wiped it down with one of those ArmorAll wipes to shine it up a bit...You certainly won't drive and look at the dash and complain "ohhh but it's plastic..."

For 13K, you can get a new car, support Ford, great mileage, get great looks...slap some 16s or 17s wheels and you'll turn heads...you don't even need all the cool bumpers and effects...

or you could spend 20K for Honda Accord and still turn heads - but you'll be eaten alive knowing that you are actually driving a rice, and it's a fact that Hondas are becoming "granny cars". Older Hondas were for younger generation mostly, but now even older people are buying them. I believe older people should drive Buicks and Cadillacs...nothing else. Now you don't wanna be driving what the old people are driving, do you?
Team Duratec #57
Just like I am a lesbian trapped in a male body, my Focus is RS trapped in ZX3 body.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #5
Sojirou
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23687
What I Drive: 2004 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Sojirou Good Standing Member
w00t w00t! Go 2-door!!!! I knew that i'd find something that would put every jack@$$ ricer that's in my shop in their place!
ZETEC Crew #86

"I love humanity, it's people I hate"
-Linus

My 1/4 mile time: 15.77 sec. @ 87 MPH ::::: 1/8 Mile - 10.10 sec. @ 70.30 MPH :::::Tires - Street @32 psi ::: 0-60 - 7.57 sec.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:12 AM   #6
coleslaw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28064
What I Drive: 2006 Oxford White Fusion

FF Reputation: 1 coleslaw Good Standing Member
I got my 05 zx3 SE for $10,400 out the door, plus an extra warranty (brand new, I might add, only had 500 miles on it because it was delivered)

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.