9006 won't resume - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-05-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
puddy77
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 30305
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 puddy77 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question 9006 won't resume

Hello everyone!
I just bought a 2002 SVT and am loving it. But I have one small problem/annoyance. I have the Audiophile 9006 with 6 disc in-dash changer. Every time I start the car, it has to check all 6 discs. It never remembers what is in there, and it never resumes what I was listening to previously. Shouldn't it? I think something is wrong with it.
I was thinking it may be some kind of connection to the battery, but the clock keeps time.
If anyone has any idea what could be wrong, please let me know. Thanks,

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
cliff4ever
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8616
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-red ZX3 w/ 2.3PZEV 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 1 cliff4ever Good Standing Member
Easy fix: remove it, place it on a nice, very hard surface, and smash it with a sledge hammer, preferably a 10lb. sledge. Works every time. No more disc jamming, no more skipping and freezing. Then, you go buy a Kenwood for $200 and add on Sirius for Howard Stern in 5 days, and your all set.

Sorry to be blunt, but if you search around a bit here you will hear nothing but problems with all multi-disc players from Ford. Only true solution is to do what I did, get rid of it and add an aftermarket HU and you will be sooooo much happier. My original 6006 6 disc is on a shelf in my shop. I never even turned the dumb thing on let alone put a disc in it. That was my first mod, the day i brought the car home. I've posted a few times and I think most here will agree, all factory HU's, no matter the manufacturer, suck so badly. That is the one option I would never add to a new car.
Mod's checklist: K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla 2.5" cat-back, SVT suspension kit upgrade w/prothane spring isolator and sway bar bushing kit, Focus Central strut tower brace, Steeda short throw w/ Roush shift knob, clear grill turn signals w/PIAA Xtreme White, clear corners w/PIAA Xtreme White, PIAA Xtreme White Plus headlights, Nokya Arctic White fogs, LONG LIVE THE CAMARO 2008!

Best 1/4 mile: 16.19 @86 MPH
Old 01-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
vanace
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
remove it, place it on a nice, very hard surface, and smash it with a sledge hammer, preferably a 10lb. sledge. Works every time

before you do that, I will pay the shipping and you can send it to me. I will take it off your hands. My ST has the sony POS and am willing to make the 9006 fit....
ST crew #18
Old 01-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #4
NewtzZx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 6 NewtzZx3 Good Standing Member
welll, unlike the first reply, i am willing to help answer your question...

perhaps your battery is not holding a charge. the headunit is always powered, and if you were to disconnect the battery, it resets the player. so, since you are not disconnecting the battery, maybe the voltage in the battery is dropping too low while the car is turned off, but when you start up, the alternator gets it the power needed.

of course then you may have problems starting too...otherwise i would look at the power cable to make sure it isn't loose. you may have to take it out and check all the leads going into the power plug. thats all i got.

I actually like my 6 disc changer, it is neat i think, having an in dash changer.

I have had it jam a few times, but I took it apart and unjammed it and was able to fix it.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I can confirm that the CD will start right back up where you left it.
Never thought about it, but I checked after I got home tonight.

knocking on wood....
My 9006 has been trouble free for 30,000 miles now.

You might try resetting the unit by disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes.
It might give it a "jump start", and get it working again.
I know that works if you have a "disk error" on occasion.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:17 AM   #6
The Mailman 666
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27054
What I Drive: 2005 ZX5 SES stick, Fully loaded with Charcoal leather and black paint

FF Reputation: 2 The Mailman 666 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally posted by NewtzZx3
welll, unlike the first reply, i am willing to help answer your question...

perhaps your battery is not holding a charge. the headunit is always powered, and if you were to disconnect the battery, it resets the player. so, since you are not disconnecting the battery, maybe the voltage in the battery is dropping too low while the car is turned off, but when you start up, the alternator gets it the power needed.

of course then you may have problems starting too...otherwise i would look at the power cable to make sure it isn't loose. you may have to take it out and check all the leads going into the power plug. thats all i got.

I actually like my 6 disc changer, it is neat i think, having an in dash changer.

I have had it jam a few times, but I took it apart and unjammed it and was able to fix it.
I just can't believe you've don't every thing you say you've done to your car and you STILL have the stock crap deck in your car! I am simply floored!

"it is neat i think, having an in dash changer." but it's a piece of shyt in dash changer!

Unbelievable!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #7
cliff4ever
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8616
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-red ZX3 w/ 2.3PZEV 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 1 cliff4ever Good Standing Member
yah, and the mailman said he had to take it apart a few times already to get jammed discs out. Yah, really Neat!!! My Kenwood can play more songs than that 6 disc; it plays MP3's, so I got like 160+ songs on a single disc. Much better than the 6 disc jammer. Tellin ya buddy, get rid of it.
Mod's checklist: K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla 2.5" cat-back, SVT suspension kit upgrade w/prothane spring isolator and sway bar bushing kit, Focus Central strut tower brace, Steeda short throw w/ Roush shift knob, clear grill turn signals w/PIAA Xtreme White, clear corners w/PIAA Xtreme White, PIAA Xtreme White Plus headlights, Nokya Arctic White fogs, LONG LIVE THE CAMARO 2008!

Best 1/4 mile: 16.19 @86 MPH
Old 01-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #8
pspringe
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Maybe the wire hearness is messed up some how and the lead with fulltime power is switching.

40k miles and not a single hic-up with mine. I think it's great and I still have the $200 from not buying an aftermarket.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #9
NewtzZx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 6 NewtzZx3 Good Standing Member
wow, you guys do realize that it is my friggin car, and if i say i like my cd player despite my problems with it, then i like it. what if i don't want to deal with an aftermarket head unit that doesn't fit correctly into the dash? what if i don't care about being able to play mp3's and what if i have better things to spend my money on?

my changer has worked just fine for a year now, after i put it together and lubricated the gears. I guess I am willing to put up with more than you. I don't mind unjamming the player.

don't tell me how to mod my car buddy, I have been modding my car for 3 years and have been on the boards long enough to know what I want, despite my low post count on this particular board.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #10
FocusOhFive
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21965
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 FocusOhFive Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by NewtzZx3
wow, you guys do realize that it is my friggin car, and if i say i like my cd player despite my problems with it, then i like it. what if i don't want to deal with an aftermarket head unit that doesn't fit correctly into the dash? what if i don't care about being able to play mp3's and what if i have better things to spend my money on?

my changer has worked just fine for a year now, after i put it together and lubricated the gears. I guess I am willing to put up with more than you. I don't mind unjamming the player.

don't tell me how to mod my car buddy, I have been modding my car for 3 years and have been on the boards long enough to know what I want, despite my low post count on this particular board.
Man for real, if all your 2 cents worth is to come in here and have no respect for what the guy wants but to advise getting aftermarket, then just let it go. I don't see any offers to BUY him one??

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->