1/4 mile times...SVTF with T/C - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-05-2004, 08:09 AM   #11
Dave
Focus Addict

Fan#: 507
FF Reputation: 1 Dave Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Pressing button to turn of t/c doesn't help you at all at dragstrip. I ran a 15.7 or something like that stock with t/c, then I pulled fuse and ran a 15.3.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2004, 12:52 PM   #12
svt4real
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 980
What I Drive: 02 svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 svt4real Good Standing Member
yea with t/c i ran a best of 16.1 and with the fuse pulled I ran a 15.8 this was in kc,mo and our track here is about a good .5 plus slower then other tracks! and this was all stock so we will see this summer what happens
#522 of 4788 with all the toys

http://public.nelson-atkins.org/host...gs/johnsig.jpg
Old 03-05-2004, 02:05 PM   #13
Svt4life
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2462
What I Drive: 2002 Redfire Mustang Gt

FF Reputation: 1 Svt4life Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
well i didnt even pull my fuse out and i ran a 15.3 i just hit the button
Old 03-05-2004, 05:18 PM   #14
stangman50
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2712
What I Drive: 03 Infra Red SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 stangman50 Good Standing Member
so now the steeda short ram is junk? i have only heard good things? some one else who has one chime in plz....
Old 03-05-2004, 06:12 PM   #15
Dave
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Svt4life
well i didnt even pull my fuse out and i ran a 15.3 i just hit the button
YAY!

As far as steeda being Junk I highly doubt it, but on the 20th of this month I am putting the steeda up against stock airbox and AEM CAI on the same car at the drag strip.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:29 PM   #16
Svt4life
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2462
What I Drive: 2002 Redfire Mustang Gt

FF Reputation: 1 Svt4life Good Standing Member
Tight let me know how it turns out - im pretty sure the steeda isn't that bad who knows i think im just gonna get one of those and call it a day..
Old 03-07-2004, 03:21 PM   #17
Bigstic03svt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 4442
What I Drive: 2003 red,svtf,loaded

FF Reputation: 1 Bigstic03svt Good Standing Member
Well guys I know there are alot of people who like STEEDA, especially there mustang bolt ons. Unfortunatly my buddy and I have no good things to say yet for bolt ons for the FOCUS, except for that sweet (short throw shifter).The Intake was a "JOKE"(very cheezzy)The filter wasnt even a washable element didnt come with a mass air cone ,you hafto use the factory piece off the stock air box wich looks "crappy" and is very resrictive up against AEM. Also only came in blue.
To be honest guys we didnt even see a power difference. Took his car to the track and actually lost time in the 1/4. Here is a example of the difference.When in my car mind the only difference bieng intakes and muffler .We would be side by side off the line as soon as I hit 2nd I pulled away hard and even harder in third. My car averaged about 6mph faster at the track. ----He was so pissed, we have since pulled the intake and replaced it with the AEM.And for $149.00 id say fork the extra $65 for the AEM or just stay stock air box. IT WAS REALLY THAT PATHETIC. If your interested in it pm me.Its still in the box.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:04 PM   #18
davewoodscr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 3532
FF Reputation: 1 davewoodscr Good Standing Member
Just bought an all stock 2002 svt. Best time that I have run on the G-tech is 15.8 @ 93 mph. I did three runs and averaged 15.86. Ordered an intake and shifter last night, and will post back with G-tech times after I install the new parts.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:07 PM   #19
Dave
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Svt4life
Tight let me know how it turns out - im pretty sure the steeda isn't that bad who knows i think im just gonna get one of those and call it a day..
I can't do comparison tommorow, my clutch and flywheel haven't arrived yet.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:56 PM   #20
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigstic03svt
Well guys I know there are alot of people who like STEEDA, especially there mustang bolt ons. Unfortunatly my buddy and I have no good things to say yet for bolt ons for the FOCUS, except for that sweet (short throw shifter).The Intake was a "JOKE"(very cheezzy)The filter wasnt even a washable element didnt come with a mass air cone ,you hafto use the factory piece off the stock air box wich looks "crappy" and is very resrictive up against AEM. Also only came in blue.
To be honest guys we didnt even see a power difference. Took his car to the track and actually lost time in the 1/4. Here is a example of the difference.When in my car mind the only difference bieng intakes and muffler .We would be side by side off the line as soon as I hit 2nd I pulled away hard and even harder in third. My car averaged about 6mph faster at the track. ----He was so pissed, we have since pulled the intake and replaced it with the AEM.And for $149.00 id say fork the extra $65 for the AEM or just stay stock air box. IT WAS REALLY THAT PATHETIC. If your interested in it pm me.Its still in the box.
Hmmmm really that is very interesting, because I have had both the AEM and I'm on the Steeda intake now. I have notice no difference what so ever between the two and the Steeda has been dyno proven to give much more in HP and TQ when in a comp to the AEM CAI. Now dont get me wrong, I enjoyed and liked my AEM CAI, I did have my complaints also concerning the AEM. Of course you did just give your opinion of the Steeda, but numbers do not lie. Before you go and compare, run both on the SVTF. Also it helps when you have a combo of mods that when combined your will feel and get the max in performance.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.