Ebay Saleen gauge face - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
gokart2
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Fan#: 31234
Location: Fowlerville, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ST w/SAP#1

Posts: 1,078
FF Reputation: 14 gokart2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ebay Saleen gauge face

For those who bought one be careful and check right below the pins where u supply power to the guage. I ordered the oem inverter and lamp socket pigtail Saleen used (Simco Ltd), took my time, didnt even drink a beer. Decided to check that it lit up before putting needles back and right off the bat knew something was wrong. Heard the inverter power up and no light..... A small sliver at the top where the power pins are lit up....hmmmmm. Took a closer look and found....a manufacturers defect. Right below the pins, where the two plastic layers sandwich the black and white insulated "power circuit/line", the two plastic layers came apart and broke the circuit. Haha. Just my luck.


__________________
ST Crew #90
My wife---><----Me
gokart2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
FX4BAJA
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fan#: 49285
Location: none, Not Listed
What I Drive: SKATEBOARD

Posts: 656
FF Reputation: 10 FX4BAJA Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart2 View Post
For those who bought one be careful and check right below the pins where u supply power to the guage. I ordered the oem inverter and lamp socket pigtail Saleen used (Simco Ltd), took my time, didnt even drink a beer. Decided to check that it lit up before putting needles back and right off the bat knew something was wrong. Heard the inverter power up and no light..... A small sliver at the top where the power pins are lit up....hmmmmm. Took a closer look and found....a manufacturers defect. Right below the pins, where the two plastic layers sandwich the black and white insulated "power circuit/line", the two plastic layers came apart and broke the circuit. Haha. Just my luck.
Mine was the same that area is very flimsy.

You have a link for the inverter and lamp socket pigtail you got if not a phone number and price for it.

Thanks..
FX4BAJA is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
gokart2
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Fan#: 31234
Location: Fowlerville, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ST w/SAP#1

Posts: 1,078
FF Reputation: 14 gokart2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
"Hello Aaron,
I have the EL Inverter (p/n: 2001-003) & Lamp socket connector pigtail (p/n:
2023-203) available for $46.00 + S/H. You can reach me at
810-245-0188 ext. 5#.

Best Regards,

Susan Grove
Inside Sales Simco Ltd.
SGrove@SimcoLtd.com "

Cost me $56 shipped. I know its on the expensive side but i wanted to help out in my local economy (MI businesses need help right now), and everything was plug n play. No soldering/splicing, way too easy. Figures the damn thing wouldnt lite up. So...u said yours was broke ("open") there too? I cant see a way to fix it. The circuit is thin as paper, with paper thin plastic surrounding it so its basically impossible to solder anything there. And im not sure if it has to be insulated on that side (its insulated from factory on that side only. I may try to glue something there to complete the curcuit if the ebay guy wont replace it. Its worth a try before buying a new one.
__________________
ST Crew #90
My wife---><----Me
gokart2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
FX4BAJA
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fan#: 49285
Location: none, Not Listed
What I Drive: SKATEBOARD

Posts: 656
FF Reputation: 10 FX4BAJA Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart2 View Post
"Hello Aaron,
I have the EL Inverter (p/n: 2001-003) & Lamp socket connector pigtail (p/n:
2023-203) available for $46.00 + S/H. You can reach me at
810-245-0188 ext. 5#.

Best Regards,

Susan Grove
Inside Sales Simco Ltd.
SGrove@SimcoLtd.com "

Cost me $56 shipped. I know its on the expensive side but i wanted to help out in my local economy (MI businesses need help right now), and everything was plug n play. No soldering/splicing, way too easy. Figures the damn thing wouldnt lite up. So...u said yours was broke ("open") there too? I cant see a way to fix it. The circuit is thin as paper, with paper thin plastic surrounding it so its basically impossible to solder anything there. And im not sure if it has to be insulated on that side (its insulated from factory on that side only. I may try to glue something there to complete the curcuit if the ebay guy wont replace it. Its worth a try before buying a new one.
Thanks that price is not bad im going to order some of those socket connector pigtails to power my boost gauge lighting and the inverter.

Yea i didnt notice on mine to after i had already pealed the EL panel off to modify mine to light up green.When i got it back together mine was damaged in the same place as yours.
FX4BAJA is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
gokart2
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Fan#: 31234
Location: Fowlerville, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ST w/SAP#1

Posts: 1,078
FF Reputation: 14 gokart2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So what are you doing to lite it up now then? And the pigtail sockets are awesome. Those alone are $18. They have a connector that mates to the inverter, then the wire from the inverter to the gauge has pins that connect right to the gauge. Literally everything just connects together. I can email pics if you want to pm me ur email. I only have access to internet via iphone, so picture uploadings almost impossible.
__________________
ST Crew #90
My wife---><----Me
gokart2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
FX4BAJA
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fan#: 49285
Location: none, Not Listed
What I Drive: SKATEBOARD

Posts: 656
FF Reputation: 10 FX4BAJA Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart2 View Post
So what are you doing to lite it up now then? And the pigtail sockets are awesome. Those alone are $18. They have a connector that mates to the inverter, then the wire from the inverter to the gauge has pins that connect right to the gauge. Literally everything just connects together. I can email pics if you want to pm me ur email. I only have access to internet via iphone, so picture uploadings almost impossible.
What i did just to be able to use it at night until i replace or fix the EL panel.Im using the stock lighting with the Saleen face with the green gel filter i added on the back and the El panel removed looks like crap.

Yes please email the pics ill PM you my email.
FX4BAJA is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
gokart2
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Fan#: 31234
Location: Fowlerville, MI
What I Drive: 2006 Silver ST w/SAP#1

Posts: 1,078
FF Reputation: 14 gokart2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
An update: the ebay guy sent me a new gauge face, no charge. But this one has the same issue. Opened the box and took one look, plain as day. Im gonna send it back showing him the issue (if he doesnt already know it), and either try to get a good one again, or half my money back. I mean the gauge is nice as hell, it just doesnt lite up. I only got half the product i paid for.
__________________
ST Crew #90
My wife---><----Me
gokart2 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 AM   #8
FX4BAJA
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fan#: 49285
Location: none, Not Listed
What I Drive: SKATEBOARD

Posts: 656
FF Reputation: 10 FX4BAJA Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
....

Last edited by FX4BAJA; 03-28-2010 at 12:30 PM.
FX4BAJA is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 04:10 AM   #9
mcrcracer
Focus Enthusiast
 
mcrcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Fan#: 65119
Location: Bothell, WA
What I Drive: 2003 Black Focus SVT

Posts: 445
FF Reputation: 3 mcrcracer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
If he wont refund you, we could all send him messages or report him to ebay numerous times
mcrcracer is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 05:15 AM   #10
FX4BAJA
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fan#: 49285
Location: none, Not Listed
What I Drive: SKATEBOARD

Posts: 656
FF Reputation: 10 FX4BAJA Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
....

Last edited by FX4BAJA; 03-28-2010 at 12:29 PM.
FX4BAJA is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat