Focus Fanatics Forum banner

automatic shift knob/ please help

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  2016 focus se 
#1 ·
I had recently seen a picture of a focus w/ and mazda tribute or ford escape automatic shift knob on it. I was wondering if anyone has seen the same thiing. Man was it cool compared to the focus shift knob. They even had the o/d button installed also. Can u also put a shift boot on with an automatic stick with an automatic knob or do i need a manual knob. I have seen forms with the automatic shifter with boot, but it has manual knob. I want to put on a tribute or espace automatic knob.

please help

#2 ·
#4 ·
Hey, I was refered to in this thread. . .[:I]

So far I haven't seen anyone that did what I did (Escape Shifter). So I feel soooo [cool] , LOL.

Anyways, the shifter mod wasn't extremely hard. It just took patients. I first cut down the "shifter rod", then cut the plastic piece in the middle of the "rod". I had a lot of unpleasant words with the car before I found the right height so the shifter would easily go in and out of park (that is the main thing you have to worry about, the other gears shift easily). Don't let that O/D button fool you, well I guess it did. It doesn't work. The wiring hook up was different on the Escape than it was on the Focus. So instead of venting even more profane words with the car I just relocated the O/D button to a Interrupter Switch by the E-Brake.
I have also noticed that they use the same Shifter handles on the Ford 500's too. But if you'd like to try and do the shifter mod... read directions in the How To's first, then relax and have patients and talk sweet to your car... it should go easliy. I'd offer info on the shifter boot thingy but I personally don't like them on an auto, soooo... you're outta luck.

Ko0l? [thumb]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.