How To Clear DTC P1000? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
Hamrhead
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15106
What I Drive: '13 GT500

Points 1,640, Level 23
Points: 1,640, Level: 23 Points: 1,640, Level: 23 Points: 1,640, Level: 23
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Hamrhead Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
How To Clear DTC P1000?

I occasionally get a P0133 (Front O2 Sensor) code and clear it with my Xcal2, so from reading this I see why I have the P1000, but how do I go about clearing this one - say for State Inspection purposes?

By occasionally, I mean like every 4 months or so I 'might' get this code, but it's rare at best. Otherwise car runs fantastic.

Quote:
P1000 - Monitor Testing Not Complete The on board diagnostic II (OBD II) monitors are performed during the OBD II Drive Cycle. The DTC will be stored in continuous memory if any of the OBD II monitors do not complete. Vehicle is new from the factory
Battery or PCM had recently been disconnected
An OBD II monitor failure had occurred before completion of an OBD II drive cycle
PCM DTCs have recently been cleared with a scan tool
PTO circuit is shorted to VPWR or B+ or PTO is on during testing
The DTC does not need to be cleared from the PCM except to pass an inspection/maintenance test.
TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
Scott_SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21836
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black w/Blue int SVT

FF Reputation: 4 Scott_SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
p1000 is just a code informing you that at the time DTC's were pulled, the car hadn't completed all of it's test cycles. That code will never throw a CEL, and never cause a problem. You needn't worry about failing an inspection due to that code either.

It will clear itself once the car has completed all test cycles (which can sometimes take a while, since a few cycles involve very specific drive speeds and times)
SVT SQUAD #8
Hurray!! a Squad! how umm... stupid....
Old 04-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
Hamrhead
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15106
What I Drive: '13 GT500

Points 1,640, Level 23
Points: 1,640, Level: 23 Points: 1,640, Level: 23 Points: 1,640, Level: 23
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Hamrhead Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Thank You! I guess the only time I do check for codes is when I get a CEL, so that makes sense. I just cleared the P0133 a week ago, so maybe the P1000 is gone by now - I'll have to check.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section, but I was thinking it was an SVT specific code.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #4
penguin
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 21700
What I Drive: 2005 Infrared ZXW

FF Reputation: 109 penguin Excellent Standing Member penguin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
"You needn't worry about failing an inspection due to that code either."

I was under the impression that a P1000 would cause you to fail emissions testing, or at least not pass, as it was specifically put into the OBD so that people could not clear the codes just before an emissions test to trick the emissions testing, i.e., a P1000 is the computer telling the emissions guys "I cannot tell you that the emissions are OK because I haven't had time to complete all the testing since someone last cleared the codes from my memory."

This means you should not take the vehicle in for emissions testing until the computer self-clears the P1000 code by itself.

No?
Old 04-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #5
RecoilRob
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21404
What I Drive: 04, CD Silver SVTF

FF Reputation: 8 RecoilRob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

Yep, if your version of the emission testing involves linking to the vehicles computer and scanning it....and it says P1000....you will not pass. If you get sniffed and dynoed it might be OK, but scanned....no way.

If you ever need to do the test, running the cycle as described above will make you golden.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #6
Scott_SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21836
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black w/Blue int SVT

FF Reputation: 4 Scott_SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
'not pass' would probably be a better way of phrasing it. We used to just tell the customer to drive the car at above 50 for 5 minutes 3 times. Most always that will give enough time for any unfinished drive cycles, unless the codes had been cleared in the parking lot...

I guess I should have said 'if you aren't trying to get one over on the test site, you won't fail on a P1000"

It's been a few years since I I've done any tests since I live in central Florida (no testing in my county) so maybe they are stricter now.
SVT SQUAD #8
Hurray!! a Squad! how umm... stupid....

Bookmarks & Social Networks