Oklahoma peeps......weekly car show in Tulsa starting this Tuesday, March 28th - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #1
Ataru
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5292
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVTF ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Ataru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Oklahoma peeps......weekly car show in Tulsa starting this Tuesday, March 28th

Every Tuesday from March through October there is a casual car show at the Backyard Burgers on the corner of 71st and Mingo (right in from of Sams) in Tulsa.

I'm there every week with some other Focus owners plus a lot of hotrods, imports, trucks, you name it, showing up as well.

Here's one of the group shots I took a while back....a little dark, but we had 8 Focuses there that night:

And another night....the Focus at the FAR end is a V8 conversion:

All of us chilling out under the canopy:

Here's some more shots with a few of the cars that show up from time to time:

So any of you close to Tulsa, come down this Tuesday night from about 6pm until 8pm or so, show off your car, socialize, and meet some other Focus people. I'll be there every week.

Here's the website for the car show:

http://www.bybmotorshows.com/cars.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
I saw that on the SVTOA site. I'll have to make a trip up there some time soon.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil

Last edited by Oni; 03-29-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
QtrFlsh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 31665
What I Drive: 2003 infrared SVT 5-door

FF Reputation: 1 QtrFlsh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'll have to ease up that way sometime too-may have to start a convoy from OKC once a month or so??

You T-Town drivers should try to come to OKC this April for a track day at the OKC police training track-lots of fun and you even get to get into 4th and 5th gear!!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
Ataru
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5292
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVTF ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Ataru Good Standing Member
Tomorrow night is Tuesday....time for the show again.

Sonic wants to see you out there this week.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
Oni
Oh yeah!

Hey Mike,
Who's going out the Sheriff's Training Center in April? And do you know for how much?

You might also come out to the next Porsche Club autocross since they run out there as well.
http://www.warbonnet.org/cal/calendar.php

They're a fun bunch of guys, and it only costs $20 for eight runs. There next event is April 23rd.

I wouldn't mind jumping on a convoy up to Tulsa, but it won't be until May before I'm able to do so. I'm finishing up my Senior Design project for my class, and my class meeting is every Tuesday. Sonic's just going to have to wait to meet up with Raven.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 04-10-2006, 09:17 PM   #6
QtrFlsh
Focus Rookie

Track Time

Looks like SVTOAOK has listed the clinic/lapping day for May 20th. It is usually about $15 or $20-who knows this year?! I think that's what I paid last time?? Not sure who's goin-I am sure that some of the guys from Tulsa would be there-Dell (98 Cobra-also SVT regional director), perhaps even Heath with his red 3-door, and the regular crew from OKC (John Blevins-silver Cobra) a few Lightnings will likely be there and I think that they usually get Buck Morris (multi time SCCA natl champ) as the "chief instructor". Not sure if he'll do it this year or not. The crappy thing about the track is that they don't allow anyone to ride with you! Thats pretty stupid I think-every other group that has track time out there allows riders!!! I guess it is an SVT event and maybe that is their rules. I plan on going myself, may bring both cars again--that makes it a little interesting going back and forth between a car and a truck!! It's pretty fun though! Sometimes those who stick around play a little "cat-n-mouse" around the track. I'll keep the Porshe club day open if I can, it's always fun to hang with a different group!! I bet some of those things freakn fly!
If you get some money and time this summer, the SVT event at Texas World Speedway is a blast-might cost 4 or 5 hundred for the weekend by the time you pay for gas, meals and hotels as well as the entry fee. But great coaching and high speeds are not cheap I guess. I went 2 years ago and only spent $392.00 and took my girlfriend!! (Who didn't pay for anything!!)
http://www.svtoaok.com/aspx/events.aspx
Old 04-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #7
Oni
Oh yeah!

With the Porsche Club they don't allow passengers either unless it's an instructor. I can't help but wonder if it has more to do with the department's rules than each club's rules. The Porsche Club told us the day we were out that "the Sheriff" isn't too fond of car clubs out at the site, period. I can't help but wonder if it has more to do with the Corvette club and such. They said they had a guy from the Corvette club come out to one of their events and crashed into a tree with his car on the first run - first car out, first run of the day.

I will make it out for the SVTOA event, but I don't know if I'll go down to the Texas Speedway. I have a few other things I'd like to do with the little money that I have right now, but I appreciate the information and invite.

Back on topic, we should start a good fleet of cars to journey up to Tulsa for the car show. Maybe it's something we could work on and shoot for in May? Wish I knew more car-going people here.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 04-16-2006, 07:38 PM   #8
QtrFlsh
Focus Rookie

Yeah, I don't know alot of focus people here either-I wish the OKC area could get a little better organized-both the focus people and even the SVT's in general. It seems that everything happens in or around Tulsa-and thats ok too. But there are alot of lightnings, cobras and focus' in the metro that never quite get together on stuff. I know the Corvette guys do fun stuff all the time-maybe its the "demographic" that corvette appeals to. They always seem to have more time and money than the average car enthusiast!! I wish we could get like an e-mail list of SVT owners around here, and could send them notices of SVT and non-SVT events that are fun for everyone. When I got my first L in 2001, I went to several things and met some pretty cool people, but it appears that most would rather go to the drag strip or hooters than hang out and learn about driving and their cars! I am definately in for a trip or 2 to Tulsa. I think that I could get a few other SVT people in with us too-a few L's and a cobra or 2. Guess we need to perhaps put a date out there for the trip and see what the response is?? I am open for ideas and dates!! I used to live in south Tulsa and went to that show a few times-pretty good time!!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:32 PM   #9
Oni
Oh yeah!

We should post up a notice in the SVTOA forums to get a cruise roster started for some time in the next few weeks (preferrably for me the second week of May or later), but I'm not the only one with plans here so I'm open minded.

I don't know when I'm going to have time to do stuff for the next month or so since we're finishing up the house we're working on and trying to get out of this (already sold) forsaken trailer we're living in. It's been nothing but stress and a nightmare with OKC on their coding and tests, but we're in the final stretch. I'm just glad the next Solo II event for OKC is after my class finishes. It's my Senior Design class (part II of a year long course), and it has been more challenging and time consuming than any other course. I just hate having to present my year long project to be criticized and critiqued by all the professors of the Physics/Engineering department.

If I come across any Ford enthusiasts or just car nuts, I'll be sure to give them the word as to what's going on. There are a lot of muscle car garage queens and truck drivers around here. Needless to say, my car doesn't typically fit in with "their scene." Then again, not everyone is closed minded, so I'll see what I can do and with whom I run across.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 05-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #10
Oni
Oh yeah!

I posted a cruise invite on the SVTOA forums from OKC to Tulsa, but so far no one has wanted to join. I don't know if it's bad timing or people just do not know me so they don't really care, but I expected some response or someone to join.

http://www.svtownersassociation.com/...ad.php?t=11392

It's been up for a little less than a week, but hopefully at least someone will come along (nudges Mike). Do I have to take the Focus?
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Bookmarks & Social Networks