Spy Shots of 2007 Focus . . . Ford still too dumb to bring the Euro - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 08:12 PM   #21
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic
 
2004SVTAutoXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Fan#: 19123
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

Posts: 1,982
FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
these decisions are coming from a choice few idiots that pander to environmentalist groups.
__________________
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
2004SVTAutoXer is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #22
Mr-914
Focus Enthusiast
 
Mr-914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Fan#: 22215
Location: Montreal
What I Drive: 2002 Focus 2.0 Zetec

Posts: 205
FF Reputation: 1 Mr-914 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The front will be well integrated by the time it is debuted. That's why Ford hires 500 designers.

However, I'm curious about this. At the very least, I've read that this make-over was supposed to be "major". A front end doesn't match my idea of major. Plus, the fact that they are testing a mule in real world conditions doesn't make sense for a cut and paste job. They could test the cooling system, the only thing really effected, in a lab or a test track. The fact this mule is out there seems to suggest greater changes than aesthetic. I hope!

Lastly, a Fusion front will clash with the surfacing on the sides of the car. They can't possibly do that. If they switch the front that much, they will change the sides to a flatter cleaner look. Again, I hope!
Mr-914 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:23 PM   #23
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat
 
Duffman355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Fan#: 31282
Location: Paradise City, United States
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

Posts: 18,141
FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by BFocusSVT
My dad and I are very big Ford fans and we'll continue to buy Fords, but c'mon! For every car maker that takes a step forward in technology, luxury, sportiness, etc... Ford decides to take 10 steps to the rear. If SVT is dead and ST is the next "thing" so be it, but give it some balls!! Stop being glad that it now has 151hp, and the Si has almost 200, SRT-4 has 230 (300hp later), or the Matrix with 180! It was the same with the Mustang "Now with a 260hp engine." Thats great! The Firebird/Camara have only had 305hp for like 3 years already. Wait.......the Mustang was ahead of GM....oh that's right, that's because they killed the F-Body.
Then the GTO was there and spanked the Mustang again. No one could afford the Cobra R because of some greedy dealers who put $20,000+ dealer mark-ups. Hey, why don't we keep using the good ol' 3.0l Duratec with the same 200hp rating the last 8 years and put it into the Five Hundred which probably weighs like a million pounds more than the Taurus. Who cares if the Altima, Accord, Sonata or every other car in your class drives right on by. You know what, I can go on forever but you all see where i'm going with this. LONG LIVE FORD!
I've been saying this for years. COuldn't had put it better myself. The new Shelby is gonna be something though.
__________________
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Duffman355 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:44 PM   #24
igor
Focus Fanatic
 
igor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Fan#: 25921
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

Posts: 2,023
FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-914
The front will be well integrated by the time it is debuted. That's why Ford hires 500 designers.

However, I'm curious about this. At the very least, I've read that this make-over was supposed to be "major". A front end doesn't match my idea of major. Plus, the fact that they are testing a mule in real world conditions doesn't make sense for a cut and paste job. They could test the cooling system, the only thing really effected, in a lab or a test track. The fact this mule is out there seems to suggest greater changes than aesthetic. I hope!

Lastly, a Fusion front will clash with the surfacing on the sides of the car. They can't possibly do that. If they switch the front that much, they will change the sides to a flatter cleaner look. Again, I hope!
a member at FJ said the following:
Quote:
I was just thinking. With that photo, it could very well be a drivetrain mule for the redesign. Still built on the C170 platform, they could be checking the new front end for clearances, just bolt it onto the front of a current focus and drive it around town.
And you are correct. There were numerous posts about the redesign being quite major, changing the whole feel of the car.. that is why this picture is a dissapointment... actually even an existence of a myule for any shanges to the current platform scares me as my hopes are set on the rumor produced in january that we will siply get MkIII Focus in 2009-2010

Igor

Last edited by igor; 03-23-2006 at 08:50 PM.
igor is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #25
brawls43
Focus Enthusiast
 
brawls43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Fan#: 11151
Location: Minneapolis, MN
What I Drive: An Orange EAP

Posts: 524
FF Reputation: 3 brawls43 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Since that pic is a 2007, its probably still an early enough prototype (AP3), that they only mock up the front end to fit everything for the engine bay. Look for prototypes late this year and early next year if you're hoping to see what it looks like. Don't get too down on the Focus design boys yet, despite the fact that its not going to be on the C1 platform. I still don't understand why you wouldn't engineer the platform to be global, as opposed to only partly global. Personally I hope Volvo brings out the C30 from the Detroit auto show. if it looks anything like that, bye bye Focus.
__________________
SVT Squad #225
brawls43 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #26
igor
Focus Fanatic
 
igor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Fan#: 25921
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

Posts: 2,023
FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
I still don't understand why you wouldn't engineer the platform to be global, as opposed to only partly global.
it seems Ford is planning to return to fully global ptalform for the C-segment...
eventually again the B-segment..

the midsize is interesting, as it has 2 plafroms for ford ... a C1 based EUCD and mazda based CD3 ..
then full size D3

etc....

there seems to be some order.. or a progress to get to some.

Igor
igor is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:42 PM   #27
DrkKnight614
GO Green
 
DrkKnight614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Fan#: 14522
Location: Long Island, NY, United States
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Posts: 11,142
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by brawls43
Since that pic is a 2007, its probably still an early enough prototype (AP3), that they only mock up the front end to fit everything for the engine bay. Look for prototypes late this year and early next year if you're hoping to see what it looks like. Don't get too down on the Focus design boys yet, despite the fact that its not going to be on the C1 platform. I still don't understand why you wouldn't engineer the platform to be global, as opposed to only partly global. Personally I hope Volvo brings out the C30 from the Detroit auto show. if it looks anything like that, bye bye Focus.

well we have ever right to be down on the design, b/c i know how its going to look and so do most people. I stated a while back after reading an article in the paper about Ford steering away from the european design, saying "No more European" and they want to make a clear american design for the Ford US, and this design is being represted by cars such as the fusion and the upcoming edge. And from the spy shots it looks like its got the same three bar chrome grill. WOOPPY......looks like i wont be buying a focus every again.
__________________
My 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 - Finally realized it's a 4cyl
DrkKnight614 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 PM   #28
HotRodWagon
CostraNostraTabasco
 
HotRodWagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Fan#: 145
Location: Born on a bayou, MN
What I Drive: 02 Infra ZTW

Posts: 2,973
FF Reputation: 25 HotRodWagon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (38)
if it tuns out to be a front/rear exercise, then either toss in a V-6 and/or give us a coupe.
HotRodWagon is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:16 PM   #29
Klondike
GreyRice WOoT!
 
Klondike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Fan#: 25991
Location: Tempe, AZ
What I Drive: GI, '07 zx3 LG

Posts: 10,786
FF Reputation: 53 Klondike Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (26)
thats really sad, u think they'd want to make the car more edgier to compete with other companines, why use the same platform, its gonna turn into the taurus.....same bloody platform for many years, and a brand new focus will cost 12k BRAND new and that will be with all options and biggest engine, prlly less, but god damn ford u make me die a lil insde everytime i see shitty designs, i think that engineers at ford just sit around all day and have gay s*x then the main ceo comes in and ask what they have done, and all standing their naked with their dic*s in eachothers bum bums go, oh lets just add the 3 bar to that focus and maybe add 5 hp to the engine, and bill ford goes, ok im retarded anyways.......
__________________
Focus Nation
Focus Revolution
Chrenron 1 of 3
Velveeta Lover Shell#1
LOTH 00!
Klondike is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:26 PM   #30
rfinger
/fail
 
rfinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Fan#: 2799
Location: Brighton, TN
What I Drive: F150 FX4

Posts: 3,192
FF Reputation: 1 rfinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by BFocusSVT
My dad and I are very big Ford fans and we'll continue to buy Fords, but c'mon! For every car maker that takes a step forward in technology, luxury, sportiness, etc... Ford decides to take 10 steps to the rear. If SVT is dead and ST is the next "thing" so be it, but give it some balls!! Stop being glad that it now has 151hp, and the Si has almost 200, SRT-4 has 230 (300hp later), or the Matrix with 180! It was the same with the Mustang "Now with a 260hp engine." Thats great! The Firebird/Camara have only had 305hp for like 3 years already. Wait.......the Mustang was ahead of GM....oh that's right, that's because they killed the F-Body.
Then the GTO was there and spanked the Mustang again. No one could afford the Cobra R because of some greedy dealers who put $20,000+ dealer mark-ups. Hey, why don't we keep using the good ol' 3.0l Duratec with the same 200hp rating the last 8 years and put it into the Five Hundred which probably weighs like a million pounds more than the Taurus. Who cares if the Altima, Accord, Sonata or every other car in your class drives right on by. You know what, I can go on forever but you all see where i'm going with this. LONG LIVE FORD!
Agreed 1000000000000000%.........................my next will NOT be a FORD unless its a 04 Cobra
__________________
F150 FX4

"When everything works, it's a sheer joy to drive." - Jeremy Clarkson
rfinger is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.