APC - Closed for Business - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-31-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
APC - Closed for Business

Looks like APC is dust, closed up it's warehouse, has stopped shipping any products due to various fines, faulty items (big shock there)......

I should put up my Calvin Piss on APC Avatar again, if those that haven't seen it before, check it out below......

Quote:
American Products Company Fined

American Products Company (APC) has agreed to pay a $650,000 civil penalty as a result of its manufacture, certification, and sale of replacement lamps that did not comply with federal safety standards. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced the penalty recently.

Over the past several years, APC sold various models of noncomplying replacement tail lamps, commonly sold as "clear" tail lamps or "Eurotail" lamps. Some of the non-complying models replaced red lamps and reflectors with clear ones. Others were missing side marker lamps or reflectors.
APC also sold other noncompliant replacement lighting equipment, including clear corner and bumper lenses and high-intensity discharge (HID) conversion kits. The nonconforming equipment was sold by a variety of retailers. The lamps and lenses have been the subject of four recalls covering thousands of parts.

The parts and model numbers associated with these safety recalls are listed on NHTSA’s web site, www.nhtsa.gov under the recall numbers 99E-039, 00E-078, 01E-035 and 03E-014. Part and model numbers are located either on the lamps or on the packaging in which the lamps were sold. Consumers with questions about this or any other safety recall campaign should call NHTSA’s toll-free Auto Safety Hotline, (888) 327-4236.
and......................

Quote:
UNFAIR COMPETITION AND CONTRACTUAL INTERFERENCE

American Products Co., Inc. v. Law Offices of Geller, Stewart & Foley, et al.
134 Cal.App. 4th 1332, Riverside County Superior Court Case No. RIC 389812 (Opinion filed December 16, 2005)

In this published decision, the Court of Appeal reversed the trial court’s dismissal of an action for unfair competition and contractual interference. Reid & Hellyer’s client, American Products Co., Inc. ("APC") filed suit against a law firm and its client on the basis that those parties improperly sent demand letters and initiated lawsuits against two APC suppliers, asserting that APC products were illegal for use. At the trial court level, the court accepted the defense of the law firm and client that their conduct was privileged because it was committed as part of the judicial process. Reid & Hellyer successfully argued that the privilege only applied to the litigants in the underlying lawsuit (the suppliers and the law firm/client) and that, as a non-party, it was entitled to pursue an action for unfair competition and interference with its business relationship with its suppliers. In its opinion, the court recognized that the public has an interest in stopping unfair business practices and that attorneys engaged in abusing California’s unfair competition law should be subjected to a level of judicial review. As a result, the Appellate Court reversed the judgment and allowed APC’s action to proceed. Dave Moore and Mike Kerbs handled the litigation on behalf of the firm.
Bunch more stuff on 'google' if you feel the need to check it out.

Anyway............

R.I.P.

.......but where oh where am I going to get my clear altezza supermax tri-light turbo sunray tails now, ohhh the horror...........heh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
teddyrob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1500
FF Reputation: 3 teddyrob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
now now....perhaps they ran into some 'personnell' problems like wayne did. i wonder if a whole bunch of posters will line up defending apc like they did him?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:13 AM   #3
svtguy21
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32290
What I Drive: ford focus svt 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 svtguy21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
funny
Old 01-31-2007, 08:15 AM   #4
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing MemberEgz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The shame is they bought the rights to the FR200 car back in the day. I wonder what's going to happen to those...
Old 01-31-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
S2
Retired Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyrob View Post
now now....perhaps they ran into some 'personnell' problems like wayne did. i wonder if a whole bunch of posters will line up defending apc like they did him?
heh....

In all honestly though, this doesn't shock me. There is so much 'shit' out there that people get suckered into buying (ie: Bomz should be next on the chopping block) that actually hampers the safety of the vehicles their products are installed on. Companies need to be liable, there is no 'arguing' with the facts and with APC getting hauled to the courts (fines, etc) maybe with some luck, these money hungry 'copycat' companies will start thinking twice before selling this 'shit' to customers........... I'm still waiting to hear about a rollover/injury/death due to those crap Bomz coilovers..... wouldn't that be interesting but obviously tragic........
Old 01-31-2007, 08:18 AM   #6
pio
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 198
What I Drive: 2012 Black Mustnag GT

FF Reputation: 2 pio Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
great news chad !!!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:23 AM   #7
S2
Retired Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egz View Post
The shame is they bought the rights to the FR200 car back in the day. I wonder what's going to happen to those...
Woah I never knew that, good info......

For those that don't know the FR200 (which would be amazing) here it is....

2000 Ford Focus FR200 Concept Images

Old 01-31-2007, 08:26 AM   #8
xmillsx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29100
What I Drive: 2005 silver ion redline

FF Reputation: 1 xmillsx Good Standing Member
Thats a beautiful thing. thats what apc gets for selling garbage

Mods soon to come: JRSC and some tranny goodies
Old 01-31-2007, 09:09 AM   #9
ASTROdog
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 43194
FF Reputation: 1 ASTROdog Good Standing Member
One small step for man, one giant leap for good taste.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:25 AM   #10
Goat Roper
The Godfather

Fan#: 8634
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 6 Goat Roper Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTROdog View Post
One small step for man, one giant leap for good taste.
werd

Bookmarks & Social Networks