**Nominations for April ROTM** - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus - Ride of the Month

Ford Focus - Ride of the Month The place to vote for the Ride of the Month Poll & Showcase of our previous winners.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 07:17 AM   #111
FocusdSound
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5401
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 FocusdSound Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'll drop out for this month. Hell I wouldn't have to compete with Tribal or slocus next month since they are nominated two months in a row and I'll have more mods next month.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #112
TribalFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6938
What I Drive: 2004 RS replica

FF Reputation: 1 TribalFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
keep me off april i wanna be on rotm for may (my BDAY)

and in a couple weeks ill have a new goodie

so keep me off ROTM for April

Old 03-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #113
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
This isn't dropouts for Ride of the Month; this is for nominations!
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil

Old 03-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #114
TribalFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6938
What I Drive: 2004 RS replica

FF Reputation: 1 TribalFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ilcowil
This isn't dropouts for Ride of the Month; this is for nominations!
well i seem to be on it for this month , i didnt ask to be on it this month, my car has alot of goodies going on it soon, and i want the car to be done, also May is my Birthday month and i would like that have it on May

Whats wrong with that?

NOT A DAMN THING

Old 03-30-2006, 10:18 PM   #115
ILuvMyZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26263
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ILuvMyZX3 Good Standing Member
hey Ash!!
about all this dropping out deal...
I think that, in addition to the new rule (nomination for 2 months in a row bans you from ROTM for a whole year), we should make a new rule on top of it... like whoever doesn't want to run for ROTM (for whatever reason), has to say so in advance, just so we dont't have this kind of problems. Some people here are dropping out because they get greedy and they don't want to blow their 2 chances and then not be able to get nominated for a whole year. It's like... "yeah, all of you please nominate me, my car is badass, but the minute a better car is nominated I'll drop out".
To me that's BS. Just the fact that people are nominating their cars for ROTM is a prop to them, they should be grateful for that instead of dropping out later because they think they don't stand a chance. Winning is cool and all, but it's more about the fun... right?? Like for example, a lot of people in here have admitted trying to race (or at least keep up) with a mustang or a corvette or whatever. I mean... face it, the focus doesn't stand a chance against them, but you still do it for the hell of it, because it's fun. If it wasn't for the fun, then why waste gas knowing you're gonna loose. It's the same thing.
just my 2 cents.
Team Duratec #45

Old 03-30-2006, 10:26 PM   #116
FocusdSound
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5401
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 FocusdSound Good Standing Member
Mine has nothing to do with competing with anyone. I have a ton of money sunk in my car and alot of custom work. I was tied with someone and figured I would be gracious and let them go ahead. It doesn't hurt that two of the people won't be able to go for a year. I am about to put an air suspension on my car in two weeks. Parts are sitting in my garage. Sunday the car is getting a bunch of parts pulled to go to the powdercoater Monday. So I will have alot more to offer once those are finished. Hell stick mine back on there if you feel like it. I wasn't nominated until I put myself out there. I probably would never of been nominated if I didn't. I feel like my Focus is a prime example of what you can do with the car but most of the people being nominated seem like they are friends with each other. I would like to win because my car deserves it and not because of politics. If I could offer a suggestion I would like to see the voting be stickied at the top of Showroom so more people look at it and vote. It seems to me the same people keep coming in here and voting month after month. I believe that would expand it to a much broader audience (sp). I never really noticed this ROTM section till awhile back. I love what you are doing and I love the Focus and wanna do my part to support it. Thanks!

Old 03-30-2006, 10:43 PM   #117
zedeater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17864
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF/1994 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 zedeater Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by slocussvt
Thanks for the nominations zedeater, focuson03 and sstfocus but i think i might hold of till the end of this year considering that i came in last last month and hopefully by then ill also be boosted . I should have new wheels soon though, so i'll post pics as soon as they're on.
No problem man, I just think you've done such a damn good job on that car already. Its exactly what I would like to do with mine one day, but the SB paint sets it off even better IMO. Weather you accept you nom. for this month or wait 'till you feel your done with the car, you got my vote.
#3038 of 3985
SVT SQUAD #70

Last edited by zedeater; 03-30-2006 at 10:49 PM.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:47 PM   #118
zedeater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17864
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF/1994 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 zedeater Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by thefrush
Let's get slocus in there, his car is hot.
Finally others are starting to notice!
#3038 of 3985
SVT SQUAD #70

Old 03-30-2006, 10:53 PM   #119
ILuvMyZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26263
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ILuvMyZX3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by FocusdSound
[B]I'll drop out for this month. Hell I wouldn't have to compete with Tribal or slocus next month since they are nominated two months in a row and I'll have more mods next month.B]
Quote:
Originally posted by FocusdSound
Mine has nothing to do with competing with anyone.
you're just contradicting yourself, but whatever man... it's your right to decide wether you want to run for rotm or not. i just think it's not fair for the rest to play it like that.
and it would be cool if you uploaded pictures of your car to your gallery, who knows, you could get my vote, LOL.

BTW, Ashley!!, I'll nominate ilcowil, if i'm not too late for this.
He's pretty cool, very into this rotm thing, and I love the clean looks of his SVT. nice car man

*edit*
FocusdSound, nevermind, i scrolled back a few posts and saw the pictures of your car.
Team Duratec #45

Last edited by ILuvMyZX3; 03-30-2006 at 11:00 PM.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:22 PM   #120
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Thank you, Hector.

I thought before we started the rules that if you didn't post your ride in "submit your ride..." that it wouldn't be eligible. I don't know. I thought that would keep the cars limited to those who want to participate, and it would also limit the selection somewhat. Then, you don't have to worry about dropouts because the owner chooses whether or not they want to run, and the public chooses which ride they prefer.

Anyway, rules, rules, rules... they can take the fun out of things, can't they?
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks