why do they keep discontinuing cars?? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
fokuzx3
teh tranny killer

Fan#: 15685
What I Drive: r.i.p. liquid grey zx3....now 300zx

FF Reputation: 1 fokuzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry why do they keep discontinuing cars??

this is more of a disorganized vent than a well planned out question but i had to post after i found out they were going to discontinue the rsx after 07....why the hell do all these awsome cars keep coming and going before i can even step out into the real world to buy them!!! i have been an avid car lover my whole life and first it was the 300zx, then the rx-7, then the camaro, then the svt focus, saleen focus, srt-4, soon to be redline and cobalt and now the damn rsx are all gone or going away! The new body civic si is complete dog sh!t, the 350z and rx-8 are pitiful excuses compared to their predecessors...everything that i loved went away, or changed into an ugly step sister version of the old one!! gti?? is that a marshmellow?! and now svt is going away, so no looking forward to an svt cobra when i get outa pharmacy school..by the time im makin money to buy something the only thing i will be able to choose from is the damn evo or sti! or teenagered beat up sports car. I love my focus, but it was the only thing i could afford, not what i would really chose...help people, where are all the cars going!

zetec crew #23
zetec R.I.P. best standing 1/4 time= 15.260 @88.08 mph (2.275 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
it takes a minute to get used to, kinda like shaving your balls.. haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
^^^camero is coming back, as well as rumor has it the rx-7, yea the svt focus is gone, i wouldnt really complain about the saleen focus, srt-4 neon whatever another srt-4 is out. I havent heard anything about the redline and the cobalt being discontinued, maybe he redline since he ion is going to probably be, but i dont think well be seeing the SS cobalt going anytime soon.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
fokuzx3
teh tranny killer

rx-7 coming back? i thought they were planning on a mazda speed rx-8 as their next main plan...ok, the ss cobalt was the least of my worries because i think they are ugly as hell anyway, but i saw the newer camaros in the new magazine featuring the top 20 cars of all time..they remind me too much of the cts crysler or newer challenger..all the new engineering has gotten too alike
zetec crew #23
Quote:
Old 03-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
Fl3tCh
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31476
What I Drive: 07 ralley red Si

FF Reputation: 29 Fl3tCh Great Standing Member
i thought that the 07 rsx was going to be redesigned..that is what they said at Acura
Old 03-13-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
firemanfrank
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5254
What I Drive: n/a

FF Reputation: 1 firemanfrank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Why do they keep discontinuing cars?

Well ....

Quote:
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

1. FOR EVERYTHING there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2. a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3. a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4. a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5. a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6. a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7. a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8. a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

And (please don't hate me for adding this one God!):

(9) A time for automotive engineers to redesign what should have been left well enough alone.

LOL
Old 03-14-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
HuD 91gt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 24080
FF Reputation: 1 HuD 91gt Good Standing Member
The reason the RSX will be out is well, because the Civic is all the RSX was, but better, including LSD. Although it doesn't have some of the creature comfort like leather etc, it is significantly cheaper.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:32 AM   #7
HuTcH77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32875
What I Drive: 03 Silver ZX3 Red 90 S-10

FF Reputation: 1 HuTcH77 Good Standing Member
the vette has a chance at the chopping blocks in 07...

but the 350Z is a badass car and if you compare it to a Non-turbo 300 its a million times nicer... and fairly close to a 300Zturbo.. tho the rare 300Z TT *drool*

THe camaro is coming back it went away for a complete retool of the plant to take on the new car...
and just because SVT is going away doesnt mean there won't be something to replace it like Rousch Saleen or the Mazda Speed Team....

And a large reason cars with loads of power are taking the blocks of late is gas prices.. everyone wants an effecient car.... and not many sports cars are effecient... and many carry gas guzzler taxes...
Old 03-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #8
fokuzx3
teh tranny killer

well i know why the 300zx was discontinued, it was getting too expensive to meet the emission requirments and insurance companies at that time were majorly screwing people with factory turbo's...corvette discontinuing? if they discontinue the corvette, there goes 50% of americas contribution to the automotive industry...the mustang being the other 50%... the rsx imo is a far better design than the civic..yea so what it doesnt have the lsd and yet a stock for stock rsx-s would beat the civic even still..and what about the type R that has been rumoring since 2002...im waiting to see what nismo and mazdaspeed do for the 300zx and rx-8, cuz as it stands right now, thats about the only thing to look forward to, besides the future camaro

side note...it doesnt seem like the gas prices have been really putting a damper on car sales...every single mustang sold that was manufactored in 05 and they dont get close to 30mpg
zetec crew #23
Quote:
Old 03-14-2006, 10:04 AM   #9
Algorhythm

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing MemberAlgorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
SRT4 is coming back as the Caliber SRT4
Old 03-14-2006, 11:02 AM   #10
HuTcH77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 32875
What I Drive: 03 Silver ZX3 Red 90 S-10

FF Reputation: 1 HuTcH77 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by fokuzx3
well i know why the 300zx was discontinued, it was getting too expensive to meet the emission requirments and insurance companies at that time were majorly screwing people with factory turbo's...corvette discontinuing? if they discontinue the corvette, there goes 50% of americas contribution to the automotive industry...the mustang being the other 50%... the rsx imo is a far better design than the civic..yea so what it doesnt have the lsd and yet a stock for stock rsx-s would beat the civic even still..and what about the type R that has been rumoring since 2002...im waiting to see what nismo and mazdaspeed do for the 300zx and rx-8, cuz as it stands right now, thats about the only thing to look forward to, besides the future camaro

side note...it doesnt seem like the gas prices have been really putting a damper on car sales...every single mustang sold that was manufactored in 05 and they dont get close to 30mpg
The reason GM is having problems is their money makers TRUCKS SUV's are not selling and its a reason that the Vette is op on the Chopping block possibly.. it was rumored 06 would be the last year for the vette... not sure how that still stands but its a possibillity and the vette hasnt been selling so well because the gas prices... and id venture to guess its a large reason SVT is leaving because the cobra wasnt doing as well as ford would like.. and the reason th eLightning went away...
I'm not saying its the ONLY reasn but it does play a large role in why the Sport cars are goign away...

a retool is another reason like is going on for the camaro.. could be a factory retool for a new RSX...

Bookmarks & Social Networks