New Eibach Info for 2006 Focus - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-09-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
vmaxxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 22734
FF Reputation: 1 vmaxxer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
New Eibach Info for 2006 Focus

All -

Just had a very lengthy discussion with Mark at Eibach regarding the changes to the 2006 suspension on the ZX3. Mark actually did the test fit and mock-up for the 2006 model. I would think the same would apply to the ZX5, but I did not ask specifically about that model. Anyway ... here is the latest info straight from the horses mouth:

1. ProKit Springs - They are available now, although they are new and may be tough to find. However, they are in full production.

2. Sportline - No info available on release date

3. Pro System (w/dampers) - Possibly 6 months out. However, the most interesting info was regarding the exact changes to the 2006 model year. The only changes from a 2005 is the diameter of the front damper. Front top mounts and rears are all direct fit from 2005. The diameter of the front damper is 5mm LARGER than 2005 dampers. What this means is that the lower clamp on the front spindle that holds the damper will be 5mm too large if using 2005 dampers. I asked if there was enough clamp room to absorb the 5mm delta and he stated they did not verify that, as they have a 1mm tolerance across components.

4. Sportline System (w/dampers) - No info available on release date.

Also - he mentioned that other than the ProKit Springs, there is a chance that NO FURTHER PRODUCTS WILL BE DEVELOPED BY EIBACH FOR THE 2006 MODEL YEAR. They are waiting on a pre-production replacement focus, and cannot determine the future support of the 2006 my without seeing the changes on the new model. They will not develop other products for a single model year.

Now ...what to do ... it might be possible to modify 2005 dampers to fit the larger hole of the 2006 spindle. I will probably go this route and see. There are 2 possible scenarios here - weld a sleeve ring to the bottom of the damper or try and see if the clamp can absorb the additional 5mm of play.

Another option would be to replace the entire spindle from a 2005, then all 2005 components will fit. Not sure at this point if the 05 spindle is a direct replacement or not, or even what they would cost at a salvage yard.

Hope this helps clear up things regarding the 2006 suspension changes on the zx3 ...

V

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2006, 01:38 PM   #2
asiamex
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 31687
What I Drive: '06 and '06 ZX3's / '70 Mach 1

FF Reputation: 1 asiamex Good Standing Member
This is bad news. From your post I assume the rear springs are the same as 2005 and not the issue?

I like the idea of making a bushing or sleeve for the front damper.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
CrazyMatt
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe

Fan#: 2179
What I Drive: 2009 Octane Blue Pearl Lancer GTS

FF Reputation: 6 CrazyMatt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Wow.. Thanks for finding all that out for people.. there have been a lot of threads asking about the 06 suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
^Slow your roll Dirk Diggler or you're going to have be back in the hospital with broken nuts!
Old 03-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #4
vmaxxer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 22734
FF Reputation: 1 vmaxxer Good Standing Member
According to Mark, the only changes to the suspension were with regard to the front components:

1. Front Springs are different, hence the development of the new ProKit (springs only)

2. Front Damper is larger, meaning that the spindle clamp is to large to accept 2005 dampers

All rear components (again, according to Mark) are direct fit from 2005, and really, from 2000+
Old 03-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #5
asiamex
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Ok, if anyone finds an online dealer for the ProKit Springs please post it.

Thanks to vmaxxer for posting this info.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
asiamex
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

I ordered a set of sportlines from tirerack (finally), they're on the UPS truck now, hope to install them tonight.... I'll take some before and after shots.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
airdrummer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 31494
What I Drive: 2006 ZX4 ST CD Silver

FF Reputation: 1 airdrummer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by asiamex
I ordered a set of sportlines from tirerack (finally), they're on the UPS truck now, hope to install them tonight.... I'll take some before and after shots.

Yes, please post pics. I'm really looking at the sportlines. I would get them if they would release a dang damper for them.
ST Crew #39
Old 06-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
focusin
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
So its come down to I am just going to buy the damn springs and then get KYB AGX's when I can afford them.

I have been waiting and waiting for the prokit (dambers and springs) and was TOLD BY EIBACH they ARE out and available.

So what is it, are the dampers for the 06 out or not?
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 06-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #9
jhess74
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 35612
What I Drive: 2006 Sonic Blue ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 jhess74 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I just called Eibach to see what was up with the dampers, and was told they may not even offer them for the 2006. That sucks... doesn't seem like there's much support for the '06.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #10
airdrummer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 31494
What I Drive: 2006 ZX4 ST CD Silver

FF Reputation: 1 airdrummer Good Standing Member
I e-mailed steeda about shocks/struts, and they told me they sell some for the 2006 by a company called Tokico. I emailed steeda for more information, I'll keep you updated if you'd like.

BTW, they are $193 each for fronts, and $72 each for rears. Kinda pricey, but it might be our only option.
ST Crew #39

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->