On the lot: What's hot, what's not! - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #11
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My parents seemed to like the HHR when we went to the Int'l Auto Show. Doesn't do much for me, but it is a good value. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but it seemed from looking at the window stickers that the HHR offered more stuff for your dollar than the Cobalt on which it is based.

Slightly OT (but it is a car on the list) - I finally saw my first Solstice on the road recently, and as opposed to others who have said seeing it in real life ruined it for them, it makes me like it even more. I liked the way it looked, and it sounded nice too. Of course, it was being driven by a guy who looked like he probably renews his AARP membership on a monthly basis (in fact he actually kinda looked like Bob Lutz)... but still a nice car IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #12
ZTSdriver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27624
What I Drive: 2002 white zts

FF Reputation: 1 ZTSdriver Good Standing Member
meh, i dont care for the hhr, but i really dont have anything against it. the car on that list that i have something against is the prius........i know it gets great milage and thats why it sells, but if you wanna talk ugly, pontiac's aztek had more asthetic value. on another note it said the porsche cayman is on the dealer lot for 14 days avg, i didnt know they were out yet.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #13
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 44 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
i can see why they are saying toyota speaks for its self they are everywhere as far as the HHR goes and thats a selling car......i dont see why it says that, but toyota its one automaker thats making great cars and cars that sell
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #14
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
^^And continually updates them to keep them fresh and selling.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 03-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #15
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
^^^even though, besides the scion branch they got ride of most of their fun factor cars, like the celica and the MR2, which was like the only mid engine car you could get in america that wasnt a porsche. But who knows maybe if all these other convertables, solstic, sky do good along with the S2000 and miata maybe toyota will think about re-introducing it. Actaully thats the only thing they really dont have is a good convertable, i mean they have the solara convertable but how many of those do you really see around.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #16
magic2119
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17493
What I Drive: 2005 yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 magic2119 Good Standing Member
thats pretty interesting. i know we cant even get a solstace around here without special ordering it. actually i was at the dealer, and he asked me to order one, and then decide i dont want it, so they could get one on their lot.
Team Duratec #15

You Are NOT Prepared!!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #17
Twan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17857
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black zx3(good riddens),2003 satin silver honda accord

FF Reputation: 1 Twan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkKnight614
^^^even though, besides the scion branch they got ride of most of their fun factor cars, like the celica and the MR2, which was like the only mid engine car you could get in america that wasnt a porsche. But who knows maybe if all these other convertables, solstic, sky do good along with the S2000 and miata maybe toyota will think about re-introducing it. Actaully thats the only thing they really dont have is a good convertable, i mean they have the solara convertable but how many of those do you really see around.
that might be becuase youre ina colder state. becuase around here in south florida you cant blink without seeing a solora convertible.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #18
vanace
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
^^^haha exactly, same reason we buy the "ugly" focus hatches so much, its different....not to mention the hhr is a decent deal.

_________

well... looks are subjective. I don't see the focus hatch as ugly.. not my cup of tea, but not ugly. Decent deal? So it takes a car that is loosing money for someone to buy it? It is a total turd of a car. Everyone forgets how the saturn ion got panned in the press.. and the hhr is based on that chassis.
ST crew #18
Old 03-08-2006, 07:20 PM   #19
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
That's a bit of a stretch and you know it - the Ion was panned because it was ugly, had poor fit and finish (bad panel gaps on the outside, for one), and an extremely cheap and spartan interior with low grade plastics and hard uncomfortable seats. The HHR shares neither the plastic body panels nor the interior of the Ion.

Bookmarks & Social Networks