Oil Pressure Sending Unit - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-28-2006, 05:27 AM   #1
CELT44
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24317
What I Drive: '03 Silver ZTW, '70 Jeep CJ5 with a

FF Reputation: 1 CELT44 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Oil Pressure Sending Unit

I'm adding gauges to my ZTW. The one that I'm having the biggest problem is the oil pressure sender. Because oil doesn't belong in the passenger area of a vehicle, I want to use an electric gauge. I know where one oil port is under the spark coil, how ever not enough room. Are there any other ports that I could use considering the size of the sensor? Thank you for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2006, 07:52 AM   #2
mr.squatch
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4112
What I Drive: 02 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 mr.squatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The sending unit is pretty big and bulky so it shouldn't be used on the end of a long tube like some have done at the coil pack. On the back of the block there is an oil passage with two ports. One is being used by the factory sending unit (small) and the other has a gold star shaped plug in it (torx). That one is just next to the starter on the back of the block by the firewall. If you get under the car with a light you'll see it pretty easily. Most of the time you'll have a hard time fitting the big autometer sender in behind/next to the starter so I've used a 45 degree male to female elbow there and screwed it in at an angle. The last couple I did, however, I just moved the oem sender over to the starter location since its a lot smaller, and put the aftermarket one in the oem location. You have to use the oem one or the car will think its got no oil pressure and the ecu will shut u down. Its the same oil passage for both, same pressure. Good spot imo. Good luck

g
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2006, 08:20 AM   #3
CELT44
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24317
What I Drive: '03 Silver ZTW, '70 Jeep CJ5 with a

FF Reputation: 1 CELT44 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thank you Mr. Squatch.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #4
mr.squatch
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4112
What I Drive: 02 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 mr.squatch Good Standing Member
no prob ;)

g
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
liquid01
Focus Addict

Fan#: 252
What I Drive: ZX3 S2 modded--Just a touch

FF Reputation: 3 liquid01 Good Standing Member
Amen... I have found the 3n for our cars a little out of stock here in the city-o-salt. But to re-locate them on the block IS the fastest way to get it done.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.