R.I.P. Mazda Tribute - 08 Escape/ Mariner out in Jan 2007 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
igor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
R.I.P. Mazda Tribute - 08 Escape/ Mariner out in Jan 2007

It was announced that Mazda Tribure it done.

Ford will have short production run of 2007 Escape and Mariner that wil lstop in December to re-tool the factory for the remodelled 2008 version - that version will hit dealers in 2008. there will be no 2007 Tribute, and it is unclear whether Mazda will have a version of the Remodelled SUV's

Well, after GTO, possibly Crown Vic, recently Taurus, GT and LS, another model and marquee it done(et least for now). It seems stuff is in motion in Motown.

The good news is, we have a ETA for the new Escape and Mariner.

Igor
------------------------------
SOURCE:http://www.mph-online.com/web/news/00343
Found on www.Jalopnik.com

------------------------------
Mazda to Suspend Tribute SUV production
By Randolph Heaster, The Kansas City Star, Mo.

Feb. 22--The Ford Claycomo assembly plant will not build the Mazda Tribute sport-utility vehicle for the 2007 model year, a Ford official said Tuesday.

Mazda's decision to suspend manufacture of the Tribute from May through the end of the year is not expected to affect production levels of Claycomo's SUV line, which also produces Ford Escapes and Mercury Mariners, said George Pipas, Ford's sales analyst.

The Tribute is Mazda's version of the Escape, Ford's popular compact SUV. Ford owns one-third of Mazda Motor Corp.

Pipas said the 2007 model year production of the Escape and Mariner would be relatively short this year, from May to December, because Ford is expected to begin building a redesigned version of the vehicle next January for the 2008 model year. That prompted Mazda to opt out of having its model made at Claycomo for 2007.

Pipas said Mazda's decision was not expected to slow down the SUV line at Claycomo.

"Overtime is still scheduled as far as I can see," he said. "We're going to continue producing Escapes and Mariners, with the Tribute being out of the picture for a period of time."

Ford built 40,677 Tributes at the Claycomo plant last year, compared with 215,371 Escapes.

Ford transferred production of the Mariner to Claycomo last fall. In the final three months of 2005, Ford built 9,038 Mariners at the Claycomo plant.

Mazda sold 36,761 Tributes in 2005, about an 11 percent decline from the previous year.

The Claycomo plant also builds the F-Series pickup, the top-selling vehicle in the U.S.

Copyright 2006, The Kansas City Star, Mo.
Distributed by Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News.
----------------------------------
THE END

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^^^GTO....what are you talking about, isnt the GTO getting a remodeling for the 07 model year?
Old 02-23-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
igor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
More info on this..

It is official today, that the Tribute WILL return as 2008 MY.. starting prouction in Jan 2007.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=109395

And while the US version might be different, here is 2007 Aussie/Asia-Pacific Tribute
(unlike the US version, this verion is just a nose facelift and interior redesign.. the US version should also grow a little and include more exteriro changes)

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/st...05907_00mg.jpg
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/st...105907_2mg.jpg
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/st...105907_3mg.jpg
SOURCE FOR THE PICS: http://autoweb.drive.com.au/cms/A_10...wsarticle.html

I especially like the interior... it would do well in an Escape..

------------------------------------------

Oh and about the GTO:http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=109377

Igor

Last edited by igor; 02-23-2006 at 10:22 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #4
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^^^that sucks about the GTO, but i think most of these new age muscle cars are going to tank shortly after they are produced. I really dont see the charger lasting anymore then 5 years and same goes for all the other remakes(challenger, camaro, etc). Fact is they will try to make a comeback and not do as good as expected and the Mustang will still continue on and live, like forever....honeslty i wont be surprised if when we start making hover cars that Mustang will still be slapped on the back of one of Fords lol. Long Live the Mustang, yea i know its a focus site but ive been a diehard mustang fan ever before i got interested in the focus.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.