Basic Bolt Ons: Intakes And Induction - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-03-2004, 10:20 PM   #51
Lil_RedZX3
Mtn. Dew

Fan#: 101
What I Drive: 2013 Taffeta White Civic Si

FF Reputation: 45 Lil_RedZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by 123A46GT
Is this for real??? $200 for 5WHP at the most!!! I think I have a better use for that car payment.

Yes, that's about right. Gotta pay to play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2004, 10:10 PM   #52
juniorfan8
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 4439
What I Drive: 02 Liquid Grey Mach Sound ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 juniorfan8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey Central25, did you buy your CAI from a place called PROCarparts.com? Cause if you did,so did I. I thought the same thing after many looks and attemts at an install. Even had someone I thought knew more than I take a look see and he said "you must have the wrong one Bud". So then I took it to my trusty speed shop and they put it in no prob. I felt kinda stupid, but when in doubt go check it out for sure with a real pro.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:14 PM   #53
hdoszx5
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 10222
What I Drive: 2003 dark blue zx5

FF Reputation: 1 hdoszx5 Good Standing Member
I just bought an intake and I have no clue what to do because the last step says "this is to be completed at your own risk. This procedure will reset the computer so that it may "learn" of your new intake. We are not to be held liable for any mishaps that you may occur while completing this process." I don't know if that is common or if that sounds dangerous. Your feedback will be very helpful
Old 07-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #54
FocusFogie
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 8752
What I Drive: '04 Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 FocusFogie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Just a disclaimer for the manufaturer's legal protection. There is no significant risk in disconnecting the battery to reset the computer. Any mods you make to your car are "at your own risk".
Old 07-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #55
osiris_vdc
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10486
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX5 ATX Disco Potato

FF Reputation: 5 osiris_vdc Good Standing Member
I've just recently purchased a 2003 Ford Focus and so far I love the car. I'm looking to start adding the cheaper hop up parts. By the sound of it the Volant is what I'm looking for. I've looked around online for prices. I've noticed all the Volants I've found are for 2000 - 2002 Ford Focuses. Will a 2000 - 2002 Volant easily bolt onto a 2003 2.0L Zetec or are there some major difference that prevents this?

Thanks in advance.

Bert
Old 07-14-2004, 01:03 PM   #56
Jake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 535
What I Drive: MMIII ZTW, 5 spd.

FF Reputation: 1 Jake Good Standing Member
Well, I'm not using Volant (using Iceman) but there is a slight, however inconsequential, change in the throttle body which Ford made to the Zetec in '03. Essentially, they enlarged the opening to get better throttle response. I feel fairly safe in saying that you can use any intake system designed for an '02 Zetec on an '03 Zetec.

For example, my Iceman is speced for Zetecs through '02. I asked Knight Engineering (makers of Iceman-which, btw was a design which Ford Racing had contracted them to make for the 2.0 Zetec, or so they say) and they said it would also work on the '03 Zetec. Mine works great on my '03. BTW, one of the advantages to the Iceman is that it keeps the original airbox and uses a panal filter. This raises less questions when warranty work is needed.
I'm not saying you will have a problem with a Volant and your warranty. (You really shouldn't imo) but it is more obviously a modification and may raise questions.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by Jake; 07-14-2004 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:06 PM   #57
osiris_vdc
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10486
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX5 ATX Disco Potato

FF Reputation: 5 osiris_vdc Good Standing Member
You da man Jake. Thanks!

Bert
Old 07-15-2004, 12:40 AM   #58
ZTSMileage
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 10511
What I Drive: 2003 Light Tundra ZTS 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 1 ZTSMileage Good Standing Member
Question Focus Central

Now, looking through all of this was very informative. Like most of the people in this forum, I am a newbie looking for a nice boost in performance and fuel economy. I was between two CAI's before looking at this, the Focus Central Cold Air Intake and the K&N High Performance Air Filtration System Kit. I was wondering what you could tell me about how thesecompare. The FC looks intriguing but with the talk about the fiberglass warping, I was wondering how well it would work under a stock hood. I plan to upgrade hoods eventually but not at the time being. Also, I was wondering what other tips ou might have for us tuners who are looking for performance and gas mileage. I can tell you that I have not had a great experience with the Vortex Valve. It's a peice.
-Devin
Old 07-16-2004, 07:58 PM   #59
EuroZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39
What I Drive: 05 Black Scion TC

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
go for the volant if u have the money. its a better design thant he FC. the k&n is kinda pricey for a short ram. if you are going with a short ram just go for a mac.

have u tried using a synth blend oil yet? you will get a little better gas mileage on that.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:26 PM   #60
ZTSMileage
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 10511
What I Drive: 2003 Light Tundra ZTS 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 1 ZTSMileage Good Standing Member
Thanks for the information. I will try synth oil. No offense but I am still holding out for multiple opinions or a first-hand knowledge. Please echo EuroZx3's comment if you have found this true.

Bookmarks & Social Networks