Bonafide Trq numbers from JRSC/BBK - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-21-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
onebluemcm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7200
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT Euro AP

FF Reputation: 1 onebluemcm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Bonafide Trq numbers from JRSC/BBK

I don't think this has been posted before in this way - if so, just point me in the right direction - thanks.

With this thread I have to goals - 1) get info for myself regarding trq numbers and 2) Hopefully, have torque numbers from different people with the JRSC/BBK kit all in one place.

So, if you have the JRSC/BBK (or, just JRSC kit, but preferably the combo) and you have had her to a dyno - by all means, post away. I will take you word for it, I'm sure we all will, but dyno sheets sure are a nice touch. Looking for data here - proven numbers. I'm betting I won't get more than a hand full of resopnses - gotta try though. And I don't care about before/after comparison so much - I just want to know what people are really seeing in the way of torque on our little JR products.

and we're off!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2006, 10:33 PM   #2
SVT_BMXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
just got my BBK installed and goin try and have it dynoed very soon...will post numbers when i get em.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 02-22-2006, 01:14 AM   #3
justinrlamb00
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12105
What I Drive: 2000 green ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 justinrlamb00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
EDIT: I just realized that you are looking for SVT numbers...my bad

Here is my dyno sheet...this was with a really crappy exhaust and a two hour drive to the dyno...so there is definate room for a few more hp and lbs of tq. I have since added a borla exhaust and ported the TB, but havnt had it to the dyno with these additions. I am installing Crower stg 1 cams, and Esslinger cam gears this weekend, and maybe a 5.7" crank pulley if it gets here. Then off to FS for some tuning hopefully next weekend. I'll post up the new numbers when I get them.

Dyno Video

JRSC/BBK (186whp 164 wtq), Tuned by FS, FS Race Header and Flex pipe, 5.7" Crank pulley, Borla Exhaust, FS Cool-Flo intake, Crower Stg1 Cams, Esslinger Cam Gears, Ported TB, KYB AGX/Tein Suspension, F2 front bumper,confused body kit, RS limited 17" wheels,Custom Black and Green painted hood, Black ST170 headlights and Euro grill, S2 and 3 piece wrap around wing. Check out my ride www.cardomain.com/memberpage/685643

Last edited by justinrlamb00; 02-22-2006 at 01:23 AM.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
onebluemcm
Focus Enthusiast

hey - no problem there - thank for the dyno sheet. Any other takers???
Old 02-23-2006, 01:20 AM   #5
Sedanman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1051
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus 3-Door

FF Reputation: 1 Sedanman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Click the link, has a dyno of a bbk jrsc and several others.
http://www.ojengineering.com/dyno-results.php
Old 02-23-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
technyne
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4422
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRED SVTF | Build 429 of 3985 | Born 3-6-2003

FF Reputation: 1 technyne Good Standing Member
Not to thread Jack, but for the money I would be willing to spend on the JRSK + BBK I'd much rather just go with Toms Stage 1 Kit, or another Turbo Kit.

In the long run it will be more expensive but at least Im not stuck with only 60 hp and 34 lb/ft of torque when my appetite for performance grows larger. If your going to save and spend the money for JRSC and BBK just save a little longer, spend a little more and get a kit that has somewhere to go and produces much better HP and TQ results.

Tom has said this a million times, HP is a braggin rights number, TQ plants your A$$ in the seat and moves the heavy pig. This holds true to no matter what engine or aspiration you are talking about.

With all of that said, the JRSC has its place in the market and does have some strong selling points...especially its price, however almost all of the boosted applications I have dealt with and the owners of those cars are never satisfied with their first boost install especially when it's a Jackson Racing or other roots/screw type charger, they always want more and our answer is always pretty much the same. Sell your Jackson, go with either a centrifugal supercharger or go turbo. (yes, there are exceptions to this i.e. Cobra Mustang etc...) Alternatively you can build your motor to be more efficient with the charger power, but if your going to build the motor why not build a monster with a boost platform that can upgrade with your appetite for more power.

Just my $0.02

-Technyne
SVT Squad #146
Old 02-23-2006, 10:38 AM   #7
onebluemcm
Focus Enthusiast

We'll call it a temporary thread jack.

I really just wanted to see the numbers from anybody who has JRSC stuff - just so it's all in one place and so I can make up my mind based on data, not word of mouth. Not that I don't believe word of mouth - it's clear the JRSC is at the low end, if not at the bottom, regarding HP/TQ when looking at all the kits that are out there - I don't dispute that at all. Just looking for numbers though. Maybe other threads specific to the other systems could be started to get numbers for them in one place as well.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #8
outafocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17425
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 outafocus03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
heres mine with BBK, magnaflow exhaust, bosal flex and OBX race header

Old 02-23-2006, 12:16 PM   #9
outafocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17425
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 outafocus03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
^ OOPS, didnt read the thread enough to realise you had an SVT, so disregard my puny pathetic zetec numbers..........
Old 02-23-2006, 12:28 PM   #10
onebluemcm
Focus Enthusiast

Hey, don't worry about it - maybe we should just make it the JRSC/BBK numbers thread, regardless of Zetec of SVT. Might be nice to have it all in one spot.

So - with what we've got so far, torque with the BBK installed is gonna be 170 +/-5 probably. If stock they are dynoing at around 130ft-lb that's going to be a good 40ft-lb increase, or around 33% increase. Seems like enough difference to be noticed......?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.