Duratec Turbo - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
blkZX32005
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26857
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 blkZX32005 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Cool Duratec Turbo

Home > News & Events
Brake's

Drivetrain

Engine

Exterior

Suspension

Duratec Turbo Updates
Duratec Turbo Updates

F2 continues its development on the turbo kit. As you all know we were the first to have turbo kit on a duratec engine. The best news is that we have put over 8,000 miles on the kit and they have been trouble free. A lot of file changes and still need a little more but over all the kit is perfect. We have been working on gas mileage, the highway mileage has been great. As our competitors are working hard to get there kit done we are happy to say that we already have 10 kits ready for release. The kits will be announced real soon we would just like to put a few more miles on the car. We are working with Clutchnet on creating a clutch and pressure plate for our turbo kit. Reason that we want to offer it is because we burned the stock clutch after 50 miles of testing. The new clutch is working fine and has thousand's of miles on it with no problems or slipping.

Expect pricing to be released before the Focus shootout, our turbo setup will be run in the Focus Shootout and we will be running with 91 or 93 octane. F2 wants to keep the car as stock as possible because that will give our customers a true feel as to what they are getting. No custom work or fuel upgrades will be used by us at the shootout.

F2 also has a turbo engine setup ready to be released as well. We are using JE 8.5:1 pistons, Carillo Rods and Ranger Crank. The head has been upgraded to withstand the hp increase. We will test that setup after the Focus Shootout and we expect a consistant 300-350hp using our new engine. The engines will be put together by F2/Gillis Motorsports exclusively for us, expect pricing to be around $4500 for a complete engine ready to install.

This is the list of parts included in the kit: (it is still subject to change)

Intercooler, Tubing complete with hoses and clamps, Turbo w/internal wastegate, Cast Manifold, Injectors, MAF, and SCT file. All necesary hardware and install instructions. Also expect a clutch and pressure plate to be included.

Options you can get are: Blow off valve, boost controller, gauges, complete engine upgrades for more power.

From F2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2006, 10:05 PM   #2
Twan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17857
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black zx3(good riddens),2003 satin silver honda accord

FF Reputation: 1 Twan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
and there goes my warranty.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
blkZX32005
Focus Fanatic

yeah we have to make sacrafices though to get the all mighty BOOST, I'll be more than willing to get BOOSTED or BLOWN.
FS CAI, Custom Eyelids, Silver star head lights and turns, FC Strut Bar, OBX stainless exhaust, blue interior LED's LED tail light bulbs, gold 17" Kyowa race wheels with nitto neogen tires......more to come....
Old 02-19-2006, 11:38 PM   #4
blkZX32005
Focus Fanatic

It's all worth it in the end trust me.
FS CAI, Custom Eyelids, Silver star head lights and turns, FC Strut Bar, OBX stainless exhaust, blue interior LED's LED tail light bulbs, gold 17" Kyowa race wheels with nitto neogen tires......more to come....
Old 02-20-2006, 11:19 AM   #5
NIR Panther Jedi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4909
What I Drive: '06 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 NIR Panther Jedi Good Standing Member
That sounds worth every penny...Well..i dunno, its pricy, but just being able to have 300-350HP..i almost think it's worth it..specially if you buy the motor that's ready to install from them..omg..

just think if you could spend the money on all that..pull up to some WRX STi or something and smoke it bahahah...that'd be hilarious!
<Team Duratec #49>

CAI, Custom exhaust, 2.5" piping, 3A Racing Muffler...(Sounds pretty good..)

JVC Headunit: MP3/CD/AM-FM
2 12" Subs in Bandpass box
580WATT Dual 2/1 Channel Amp
Radar Detector
Old 02-21-2006, 08:52 AM   #6
blkZX32005
Focus Fanatic

I am drooling all over it, we will finally get some respect from all the import punks.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
RsDriver24
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27631
What I Drive: 2011 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 1 RsDriver24 Good Standing Member
amen to that i cant wait to get one of those!
Team Duratec #6
Current Mods: Fs Cai Borla Catback H&R cup kit Tinted windows 20% Tinted Tails& Side Markers Ford racing Short Throw Svt pedals Rs Ebrake Rs C.f Wing C.f hood F.s Front stress bar Triple Guage pod with C2 Alot more cant list
Old 02-22-2006, 08:58 AM   #8
blkZX32005
Focus Fanatic

COME ON F2 DON'T FAIL ME NOW.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:11 PM   #9
bigbudchugger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29515
What I Drive: Black '05 Focus Wagon.

FF Reputation: 1 bigbudchugger Good Standing Member
Uh, lemme be the first to say I ain't got a total of 9 or 10 thou to spend on performance upgrades for my Focus, for the engine and turbo.

With that in mind, tell me all about how this turbo will work on my stock 2.0 engine.

Mild boost, stock internals, $2500.00.

Say it will be so...
Old 02-23-2006, 09:17 AM   #10
blkZX32005
Focus Fanatic

hit up f2focus.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks