OKC Autocross - First Event of the Season! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: AR, LA, MS, OK

Fanatics: AR, LA, MS, OK Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Oklahoma areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-16-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
OKC Autocross - First Event of the Season!

Oklahoma City's first autocross is this March 5th. Registration is now open.

I'm so excited to get this season started. I've been waiting for this since November! I'd like to see some more Focus owners show up for the OKC events. I've met SteelRain and Ataru out there along with eugenewatts, mr.squatch, and Mr.Pressurized as well.

The event info is posted on the OK SCCA website, and the pre-register option is under the Solo II menu on the left side of the page.

www.okscca.org

If you have some questions that I might be able to answer, just PM me, and I'll be happy to respond. I hope to see some new faces this season.

Alex

SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
mr.squatch
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4112
What I Drive: 02 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 mr.squatch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
We'll come out if at all possible. I'd like to drive but i think with my mods they'd put me in some hard class. haha. ah well, as long as the weather is nicer than the last one i'm down

g
Old 02-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
Oni
Oh yeah!

I'm hoping the weather will be something like yesterday and the last few weeks. I wonder how long this cold front is going to hang around. There's a driving school for March 11th, but you'll get a lot more seat time than you would at the regular events. Also, you only have to pay once since you don't register for classes. Just a thought.

What all modifications do you have? The cars are so spread out in different classes, you'd probably wouldn't even have many competitors - and they might not even be able to drive that well.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 02-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #4
SteelRain
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20144
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SteelRain Good Standing Member
I am SOOOOOOO ready to get this season started!! I hope I have my wheels in time but stock or R Comp I'm ready to run. The Solo school for March has been canceled. 1st school is May 27th. I was talking with Jason, the Solo chairman about tires and he told me someone had broke into the trailer and stole a bunch of gear. I hope they catch the idots and we get to use them for cones.

www.okscca.org

WARNING!!! The surgeon general has announced that AUTOCROSS is more addicting than CRACK!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 09:58 PM   #5
Oni
Oh yeah!

I'm not certain if Jason is going to come out or not. I sent a PM to Shannon, but I never got a response (drove the 05 white ZX5). I'm ready to get my ass handed to me by Eric in his Neon ACR. I'm not sure how competitive I will be this season with Eric (actually, I'm quite sure my competition will not be with him). We'll see what happens.

I wonder if I'll be able to run with Mark Humphries in his 4-door Integra. Hopefully, I'll get to borrow my girlfriend's D50 to take some pictures. I just need a zoom lens, otherwise, there really won't be much point of shooting with an SLR.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 02-27-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
SteelRain
Focus Enthusiast

I have always had good pics taken at the OKC events. Very clear and great angles. I will have my wheels mounted on Thursday and be ready to smoke some Mini booty on Sunday.

www.okscca.org

WARNING!!! The surgeon general has announced that AUTOCROSS is more addicting than CRACK!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
Oni
Oh yeah!

I don't think Sean is shooting at the first event, so I would personally like something where I can control the exposure and shutter speed. However, my girlfriend is sounding very reluctant to letting me use the camera. Besides, we need a telephoto lens to get some good pictures.

Oh, and maybe a good professional photographer.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 02-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
SteelRain
Focus Enthusiast

I thought YOU were the profi photo dude???

www.okscca.org

Old 02-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #9
SteelRain
Focus Enthusiast

2 Mini's (the Pyatt family) and a 2 driver rental Neon in GS so far. No sign of Pat yet, maybe he is holing out till the last minute.

www.okscca.org

Old 02-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #10
Oni
Oh yeah!

I wish I had those kind of photography skills, but I don't believe so. I don't have the equipment, and I certainly don't have the experience. But hey, I never claimed I did.

I think I saw Pat sign up, but he took out his name on the registry after some point. I don't know. Maybe it was never on there. Mark isn't racing his green 4-dr Integra in STS either, so it looks like just Eric and me to go at it. I guess I better get used to second place. Maybe I should register for G Stock, but I'm afraid some people might have a fit about that. I got crap for my STS and VF mount when I autocrossed in the NE Okla region. Truly my fault, and most people were nice and didn't care about it. However, I hate knowing someone is bothered by it. But I wish I could show them what the car is capable in "stock" form. Hell, with my MXs, I should be shaving off 1.5-2.0 seconds over my all-season Contis. It could make my car very potent in their region (was already faster than everyone but the Cooper S), but I don't know how well I'd do against your slicks and driving, Mike.

Mike, you should really consider the other NE OK region and the possibility of running against Brock and his Cooper S. When Brock ran on Falkens at the last event, I was only 2 seconds behind him on the all-season Conits. If I had better tires, I could've been much closer. Slicks... who knows? However, Brock may not be competing, so who knows? They don't even have a site as of now.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Bookmarks & Social Networks