had to call gude today - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
m0nny
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8465
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 m0nny Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
had to call gude today

I had to order another oil line and fitting to the block. The one that came with my turbo kit (thats not gude but uses the same mitusbishi turbo) seems to be leaking at the end of the line. And squirts everywhere when the engine is on. So I call them earlier this morning they told me to call back when they do open 2 hours later. Thats cool.

I call them back later. Lied and told them I had one of their kits, told them that its leaking oil and I need another oil line. The first guy studders hands the phone to another guy, the other guy I told him the same thing and told him I need another oil line, he hands it to another guy. Told the third guy the same thing. Keep in mind this guy is 3k miles away 4 timezones from me. He says "No its not... It's not leaking" Then he says hold on and boom. Beep beep.... call was disconnected. And I had full bars on my phone. So I know it wasent on my end.

I call them back about a hour later. Some girl picks up. I told her the oil line thing for the 4th time. Then she says ok let me set this up for ya... So boom. I paid rediculously $65 for the line and some brass piece I have never seen. and $50 for next day shipping.

Those gude people are some real west coast jerks. I guess they hate us focus guys because of how crappy their kit is and how much we frown upon it.

I just had to share my story. Going onto day 5 without my car. =\

"Exactly.
Dont race him, it would be a waste of gas. You would probably win.
Zetec is a cheap ripoff of vtec and is nothing like vtec, i dont even think you can feel it kick in. "

Anyone else feel their zetec kicking in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
jr_psychologist
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11554
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jr_psychologist Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How does the fact that they're on the west coast have anything to do with them being jerks? Is there a difference in jerks between the east coast and west coast? I wonder if the price for the line would have been different if you had just explained the situation and asked for the line - hard to believe they would have marked it up any more than what they charged you anyway. While it was bad of them to be avoidant and hang up on you, objectively speaking it wasn't any better of you to lie to them about having their kit to try to get them to send you the line free. Think maybe they smelled BS?
Old 02-14-2006, 02:57 AM   #3
knightriderzx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 274
What I Drive: 2008 Black SRT4

FF Reputation: 2 knightriderzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
wow.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:12 AM   #4
jr_psychologist
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11554
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jr_psychologist Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just to be clear, it sucks about your car being out of comission (I have an SVT, I feel your pain) and I definitely understand how hard it can be to find replacement parts for a custom install.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:50 AM   #5
m0nny
Focus Addict

I told them where I was earlier in the call. So I think he thought that he can tell me whats not wrong with my car without me proving him wrong due to our distance. You could hear that in his voice. Now if I told him I was on the west coast, I think he would tried to convince me to tow my car over there so he can look at it something like and be nice.

They probably did smell BS... who had their kits now anyway.
"Exactly.
Zetec is a cheap ripoff of vtec and is nothing like vtec, i dont even think you can feel it kick in. "

Old 02-14-2006, 07:28 AM   #6
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally posted by jr_psychologist
How does the fact that they're on the west coast have anything to do with them being jerks? Is there a difference in jerks between the east coast and west coast?
Yep i think there is L O L

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-14-2006, 09:13 AM   #7
Darth Focus
I miss my Turbo SVTF

Fan#: 6849
What I Drive: 1988 Mazda 323 GTX

FF Reputation: 1 Darth Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Great example of how GUDE has aweful customer service. I think I still beat you with the famous 99 Miata Cam and Throttle body fiasco. I had a 99 Miata, got cams for a 97 and a TB for a 90-93 1.6 - know what I was told??? "We dont guarantee fitment."
Corksport IC, CFDF Clutch, 2.5" Turboback, Konis,
Suspension Tech Springs, 22mm Rear Sway, + More.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #8
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
With all the past talk about GUDE setups, I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to buy one of their kits....... that amazes me. GUDE has always been trouble for everyone, in fact I've never heard anyone ever talk anything positive about them.

Best of Luck, hopefully your car doesn't explode.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #9
m0nny
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by S2
With all the past talk about GUDE setups, I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to buy one of their kits....... that amazes me. GUDE has always been trouble for everyone, in fact I've never heard anyone ever talk anything positive about them.

Best of Luck, hopefully your car doesn't explode.
No gude kit. Custom kit with same turbo. I'll take pictures whenever it gets done.

Thats crazy they shipped you parts for a car you dont have. I hope they dont do that for me.
"Exactly.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #10
domesticdisturbance
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29006
What I Drive: 2001 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 domesticdisturbance Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
wait a minute....you just said that its not thier kit but rather the same turbo that they use in thier kit. you called them to try and rip off a free part for your non-gude turbo kit, they didnt fall for it and now your mad?? Your a retard with a capitol R.

Bookmarks & Social Networks