2007 Lincoln Navigator - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-08-2006, 08:13 AM   #1
igor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
2007 Lincoln Navigator

Well it seems to be busy times at Ford NA these days.. just weeks after the Edge and MKX debuted, and days after the 2007 Expedition was revealed, nd just a day after the MKZ was announced, here comes 2007 Lincoln Navigator.. I would expect the name to chankge to something like MK-N or something by the time it comes to showrooms...

SOURCE: EDMUNDS.com

Grillz: 2007 Lincoln Navigator Gets Aggressive Overhaul

Date posted: 02-08-2006

DEARBORN, Mich.
Lincoln takes the wraps off its redesigned Lincoln Navigator SUV at the Chicago auto show on Wednesday, showing off a new look and a "Navigator L" model that is 14.7 inches longer than the regular version and gives buyers an additional 25 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the third-row seat.

The '07 Lincoln has a more in-your-face chrome grille, a "powerdome" hood, optional 20-inch chrome wheels, new wing-shaped taillamps, and new body-side trim integrated into the lower cladding. In the cabin, Lincoln says second-row seats now feature a one-hand fold-and-tumble operation for access to the third row.

Major chassis enhancements include larger brakes, a stiffer frame, and an all-new independent rear suspension. The powertrain, a 5.4-liter V8 mated to a standard six-speed automatic transmission that generates 300 horsepower and 365 pound-feet of torque, is carried over from the previous model.

What this means to you: If you're after a big ride and more bling, you're going to get it with the redesigned Lincoln Navigator.

Lincoln's next Navigator goes for the bling. You can buy one starting in late summer, the company tells IL.

The 2007 Lincoln Navigator is bolder, if that is possible, than the current model. Check out that in-your-face grille.

Not just a pretty face: The 2007 Lincoln Navigator has an all-new independent rear suspension, larger brakes, and a stiffer frame.

LINK: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=109221#2

Igor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
zedeater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17864
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF/1994 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 zedeater Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thats horrible! What happened to the "waterfall" grill??? Even if I had the money, no thanks!
#3038 of 3985
SVT SQUAD #70
Old 02-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
MTBman1127
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19975
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MTBman1127 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
WOW....not pretty at all...the car has no good lines and wtf is up with the square gauges...that is ugly thats all i have to say

3970 of 3985 born on Sept 9 2003

SVT Squad #103
Old 02-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
Kneel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6590
What I Drive: '05 Sonic Blue Escape

FF Reputation: 1 Kneel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That front end looks horrible, and desperate! Yeah, chrome grills looked good when we had chrome bumbers to go with them - but they don't do well on their own, and especially when overdone like this!

I hate to see it, but the Ford brass in Detroit is so lost it's sad.

Not to mention the fact that big SUVs have had their day, and it is over now.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
igor
Focus Fanatic

well this is the 2007 Expedition redone for linc... I am not a big fan of the front, but it will be in line with the MKX grille.. I think the "powerdome"hood is the ugliest effing thinkg in the car world, but I guess it was needed for somrthing in the einge..the grille would look pretty good without the "top bump of solid chrome"...I would actually like it quite a bit if that wasn't there.

The thing is.. with GM releasingthe ALL new fullsizes, Ford felt ti needs to update the Exp/Nav To compete.. however unlike GM they didn;'t sped millions of dollars on brand new frame, brand new engine etc.. for a market that is falling..

they reworked the rear suspension and tuned the whole car.. and adjusted the styling to the new trends of both Ford and Linc.

Igor
Old 02-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #6
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
The interior looks nice. They can keep the rest of it.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 02-08-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Damn that grill killed it....... COMPLETELY!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #8
vanace
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
That front end looks horrible, and desperate! Yeah, chrome grills looked good when we had chrome bumbers to go with them - but they don't do well on their own, and especially when overdone like this!

I hate to see it, but the Ford brass in Detroit is so lost it's sad.
_____

they are just trying to take the sales from the escalade.. the original double ugly
ST crew #18
Old 02-08-2006, 11:13 PM   #9
babyface
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 29791
What I Drive: '06 ZX4 ST, '06 Escape, '87 911 Cab

FF Reputation: 5 babyface Good Standing Member
Re: 2007 Lincoln Navigator

I'm not even gonna say anything about the headlights. The grill sucks, even without that top peice of chrome trim.

These new taillights seem to be a new feature of Lincolns, and to be honest, they suck. It wouldnt be so bad if the clear part was at the bottom or top of the lights, but not in the middle. Also, the extensions onto the hatch, meant to differentiate the Navigator from the Expedition, they really need to be taken off.

Ford retro styling gone bad. Square gauges werent all that great in the 60-70's. They really suck now. The reszt of the interior is ok, except for some odd color choices.

This car is such a confusing mess of conflicting shapes and lines, one cannot begin to decide what to look at first. BLEAAARGH
ST Crew #1

Current Mods: Silverstars, iPad radio/navigation, center muffler delete, Hella 700FF driving lights, brakes, Red/White footwell LED's, lock-switch lights, Tigger doll from GF
Old 02-09-2006, 07:56 AM   #10
igor
Focus Fanatic

some real world pictures from chicago Auto show

Lincoln will offer the Navigator in regular and L sizes in 2007. The L is 15 inches longer and offers more cargo space.

Higher-grade wood and leather give the cabin a more upscale feel. Plus, no more of those gimmicky covers over the center stack controls.

The 2007 Lincoln Navigator should provide a quieter, more refined ride than last year's model. But with over 200 extra pounds, acceleration and fuel economy may suffer a little.

There's a blinding amount of chrome on the grille. Literally. We had to look away it was so bright.

Shown here, the regular Navigator has 54.5 cubic feet of capacity with its third-row seats folded into the floor. The Navigator L has 86.3 cubic feet.

You can get your chrome wheels up to 20 inches in diameter on the Navigator. Evidently, no factory 22s as on the '07 Escalade.

As always, pictures and captions curtesy of edmunds.com: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=109248#1

Igor

Bookmarks & Social Networks