Focus petition to ford - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #11
coleslaw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28064
What I Drive: 2006 Oxford White Fusion

FF Reputation: 1 coleslaw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd never spend $27,000 on a Focus outright; there's no point; for that kinda money out-of-the-box get an STi, a 350Z..hell a used porsche!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #12
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Seeing as the high-content Vovlo S40 T5 with the AWD option MSRPs at $27710, I think that Ford could cut that down 4-5K at least by further spreading the cost of the C1 chassis. Not only could they make the ST cost about $22K here, but that would also make the other C1 cars much more profitable.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 02-07-2006, 04:45 PM   #13
Mr-914
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22215
What I Drive: 2002 Focus 2.0 Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Mr-914 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Online surveys can have an effect. I remember that when BMW brought the Mini out in North America, they had deleted the wiring for the rear fog light (it's the light in the middle of the bumper). People petitioned online and wrote letters. Within a year BMW bowed to the pressure. They pledged to wire all new Minis AND wire up current owners if they wished free of charge. That's service!

I took a look at the new Focus on the Brit website the other day. I did the little "build your own" thing. I built a 1.8L petrol Ghia (higher end model). Cost: $27000 can (or $23500 US). According to what I see a base model would translate to $19600 US!

I have to add though, I've read brit mags for years and can say from experience that cars in Europe sell for more than their US equivalents. I think a striped US/Euro Focus could be sold for $14k/15k, similar to Civic/Corolla/etc. The problem is that Ford knows they couldn't afford to slap a deep discount on top of that, but they don't think their customers are smart enough to know why they are charging the same price as Honda.

For the Euro Focus to come over it will take one of two things:

1. They bring it over as Mercury or Lincoln and sell it as a "premium" compact.

2. Ford management grows balls and decides to sell their cars based on quality over price.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #14
SVT Robzor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26230
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 5 SVT Robzor Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Carrera's reasoning is the reason why enthusiasts would love to see a C1-chassis focus in this country. I mirror his opinion, and I know many of you do too, but we don't make up Ford's target audience. As much as parts of the Focus are oriented for us, its a car designed for mainstream consumtion. Ford's decision must have been based on a forcast statistically likely drop in overall sales due to the price increase. It could be their market analysis indicates a more "premium" Focus will not sell, that poeple seeking premium-feeling compacts are either already buying Mazda3's or lining up for an 8th gen Civic.

If thats the case we cant do spit about it, cause Ford's not selling cars specifically for 5% of the buyer base. It's sad for us, but if I'm anything near right, the numbers dont work, and its numbers that move the company.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #15
igor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
I will repeat this... FORD KNOW THEY DROPPED THE BALL.. HOWEVER THEY CANNOT BRING OVER A 2004 PLATFORM IN 2008 AND MAKE IT PROFITABLE IN THE SHORT 2-3 BEFORE THE NEXT PLATFORM WILL BE LAUNCHED.

I can bet $5 that when MKIII Focus and MkII Mazda2 etc are launched on a new platform we will get it..however by then we will be on C170... makes perfect bussiness sense after the 2005 marck was passed...

This does not mean Ford is not aware of our complains.. this is not just us complining.. this is all moto magazines etc complaining... but there is not other way... there were some quiet rumors that Fields was pressing for C1 focus to be brought over but in the end mone will talk - it just is not economically feasible move at this point

Igor
Old 02-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #16
turbozetec
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28647
What I Drive: 02, Sonic Blue, SVT

FF Reputation: 3 turbozetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
nobody said bring the old technology over, the point of it is to get a better product to the us, they shaft us on performance when they could easly have brought the rs over to the use and now the c1, Ford should look to the furture and develope a car that has the performance and handling of the European focus in a us styled car. Look what the srt4 did it gave people a good performing car at a decent price, and that will draw people in the 25k price range to the car. They dont have to go after the evo's or sti's just give us a good bace to run with the srt4 and the aftermarket will take up the slack and allow us upgrades to run with sti's. The rs would have been a great start.
SVT Squad #163
Build #3506
Old 02-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #17
Focus Racer S2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14203
What I Drive: 2002 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX3 ATX

FF Reputation: 1 Focus Racer S2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by coleslaw
I'd never spend $27,000 on a Focus outright; there's no point
True. For that kind of money I could Get an STi or an EVO MR. Honestly the STi and the EVO MR are more worth the money than a focus. I'd never go for it. For those number I'd rather get one of those too there a better buy for those kind of numbers.
<---<<Zetec Crew #66 / ATX Faction #21>>-->
To modify or not to modify ? ? ? That is the question right now ! ! !
Old 02-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #18
turbozetec
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28647
What I Drive: 02, Sonic Blue, SVT

FF Reputation: 3 turbozetec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
You cant get a new sti or evo for that they are like 35k, and besides if they make the focus run with an sti or evo why not.
SVT Squad #163
Build #3506
Old 02-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #19
Mr-914
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22215
What I Drive: 2002 Focus 2.0 Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Mr-914 Good Standing Member
igor: Toyota brought the hatchback Yaris to Canada about two years ago, they are replacing the model this year with an all new design. Honda is bringing out the Jazz/Fit in North America, they are planing to replace it within 2 years.

Why can't Ford?
Old 02-07-2006, 10:00 PM   #20
igor
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 25921
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda3s Sedan MTX

FF Reputation: 1 igor Good Standing Member
I do not know.... I think this is a more economical decision... plus I guess it was not a planned until recently.. if the Jazz and yaris just came out to the US they have been planned for past year or two....

if Ford just got serious about Fiesta, they would have had another year to actually release it... by then they can release the brand new one...

Igor

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.