VIS CF Hood Update *Installed*. Read Before Purchasing VIS Hoods/Products. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
Stephs2.0Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13422
What I Drive: 2005 Diamond White Pearl Lancer Ralliart

FF Reputation: 1 Stephs2.0Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Post VIS CF Hood Update *Installed*. Read Before Purchasing VIS Hoods/Products.

Ill try to make this as short as posibble. Well, VIS never took back the hood because they said it was "damaged". I will be posting pics of the "so called damage" soon. It is sooo BS, you'll see when I post the pics. The hood recieved this so called damage from us having to send it back and forth because they keep coming up with reasons not to exchange it. Honestly, why does it matter if it is "damaged", its not like they can resell it. They also said that if it wasn't "damaged" they would resell it. Hearing that made me feel sick knowing that they would be dirty enough to sell someone a used and defective hood. Too put the cherry on top, another reason they refused to exchange was as they told us" there is/was a shortage of carbon fiber", because they were sold out of 00'-04' foci hoods. I would never purchase products or advise anyone to purchase products from VIS. They know and stated to us that the early edition Focus hoods are defective when it comes to fitment and dont plan on doing anything about it. So, $70 of farication later we finally have the hood installed. All together I have spent near $1500 for all new motor mounts & install, new Kuhmo tires with 3 year alignment and tire coverage, new tranny cooling lines & install, and 5% tint. I also purchased some Nokya 893 fog light bulbs that W~Phoenix~{RC} recommended. But at least I still have my tax return.....
For pics of hood and tint click My Photo Gallery.

Last edited by W~Phoenix~{RC}; 02-06-2006 at 04:26 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
DetroitBass
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23602
What I Drive: 2000 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 DetroitBass Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Sucky dude. So what exactly was the damage? Did they really say they are aware of the fitment being off?
Old 02-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
DJYoshaBYD
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29234
What I Drive: 91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - White

FF Reputation: 1 DJYoshaBYD Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
that sooo dirty
Old 02-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
Stephs2.0Focus
Focus Enthusiast

.....there is a tiny chip no bigger than the tip of my pinky fingernail on the edge near the windshield and fender. It isnt even deep enough to where it could touch the CF! The manager/owner of the store my boyfriend bought the hood from told me that VIS was just looking for any little reason so that they dont have to give us a new hood. He felt bad because VIS was ripping me off so gave me some really hot CF hood pins to use instead of the latch. He also told me I will get 15% off my next purchase(cosmetic or performance). I thought it was nice but it didnt really help much. Anyway, VIS does NOT use factory hood latches. I just checked their site and they apparently deleted the part were they say that they use factory latches, big suprise. I made a report with the BBB but they said that there isnt much they could do. I was thinking of having the chip filled in the next week or so. I recieved an estimate of $10-$20 from a bodyshop. By the way DetroitBass, I am not a dude...
Old 02-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #5
W~Phoenix~{RC}
FF Bouncer

Fan#: 11450
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Frost Sport Edition ATX

FF Reputation: 1 W~Phoenix~{RC} Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
That really sucks. At least you were able to make it look as it should. I saw the picture in your gallery and it looks very, very nice. I was thinking about getting a hood from VIS, but now I think I'll look and see if any of our vendors have them available in the style that I like. Thanks for the heads up

Cheers!
Old 02-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #6
Stephs2.0Focus
Focus Enthusiast

.....that is the reason for my thread to let everyone know what they're doing and how they are as a business. Dont get me wrong, the hood looks perfect as can be. But the way they do business is horrible. It's not like we were asking for a refund. All we were asking for was an exchange. The fitment problems need to be fixed ASAP, instead of ignored. All in all I think that people should consider an alternative manufacturer when purchasing a CF hood or possibly even bodykits. If we had known the info we know now, we personally wouldnt ever do any type of business with VIS. I am just looking out for my fellow FF's.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #7
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Thanks for the heads-up Steph. It definitely looks nice on your car, but it sucks to hear the way VIS treated you. I remember other people talk about the hood latch fitment issue, but didn't recall ever hearing that VIS was well aware of it and had no intentions of changing anything. That's just in bad taste.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #8
elliottcarlose
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11597
What I Drive: 2000 Green ZX3, 2003 CBR 954 and now a 06 C-dan

FF Reputation: 1 elliottcarlose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
sorry dudet sucks when you get screwed on a purchase I got suckered on a fosgate amp that was "brand new" well 240.00 later and a trip to the local auto shop costing 45.00 it at least worked. The chrome was all broke still and missing pieces. Well that e-bay purchase woke me up quick.

Sounds =2-12 Fosgate PS1, 1 Fosgate 5002 500watts RMS, 4 Fosgate door speakers, 1 Pioneer in dash dvd/monitor

GO 4-2-1 race header, complete cat back, SRI, and svt suspension
Old 02-07-2006, 12:03 AM   #9
Spork Sports
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10782
What I Drive: Zed X3

FF Reputation: 2 Spork Sports Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
That sucks totally. I bought my VIS CF hood in '03 and it does use the factory latch. They must have changed the design?
Old 02-07-2006, 12:15 AM   #10
Shadowrunner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31568
What I Drive: 1996 Dk. Green Mustang GT Conv. MTX

FF Reputation: 4 Shadowrunner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
That really sucks, steph. thanks for the heads-up, though! those VIS hoods aren't lookin so good anymore lol
returned fiance's engagement ring, since she returned me, made nice pc funds lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.