**Vote for February ROTM** - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus - Ride of the Month

Ford Focus - Ride of the Month The place to vote for the Ride of the Month Poll & Showcase of our previous winners.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: February ROTM
JohnMichael 23 13.61%
SVT_BMXer 57 33.73%
Ataru 12 7.10%
dudley123 59 34.91%
WD40 18 10.65%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #51
dgualtie

Fan#: 15238
What I Drive: 03 IR SVT

FF Reputation: 1 dgualtie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnMichael
Thanks Mike! Keeping the SVT magic alive...of course, that won't be very hard this ROTM now will it?
yeah i think your right
SVT squad #7
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2006, 09:41 PM   #52
Poney
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4767
What I Drive: 07 F one-fiddy

FF Reputation: 8 Poney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Check out JM putting it down for tha SVT SQUAD !!! lol
Old 02-01-2006, 11:37 PM   #53
zx34me
Focus Revolution

Fan#: 12063
What I Drive: 2000/zx3/infared/atx & 96 dodge neo

FF Reputation: 1 zx34me Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally posted by hkysk8r07
already have 4-5000 is nothing. and i can care less about some trophy at some show. guess what. most people with modified cars don't enter shows because they don't care. they make the car for themselves and don't need to hear what others think. or be reassured that they spent 3 grand on a stereo for a 25$ trophy.

i have $5-6 in my car with another 3 going into it soon for f/i,and no that is not nothing, that is

a years worth of my salaries and a lot of blood sweat and tears in installing and paint all done

by myself, 6 grand is not an amount to laugh at. I have a modified car and i enter shows

because i like the commeratory and the competition and see if my car is worthy enough in the

eye of the public to deserve a trophy, and anyone with a modified car wants to get feedback,

just in different ways, yes i mod my vehicle for my own tastes but i enjoy getting priases as

well as every other car customizer.

your arguement is skewed in the fact that this is a open nomination, and all of the

nominations are fair, i beleive dreamsetter zx3 has if not the best one of the best cars on this

forum he has more in his vehicle than many other rotm winners in the past including myself,

but you do not see me crying about it, if you want a variation of flavors go to baskin robins,

this is how it is this month if you dont like it dont view this section of the forum.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #54
Chick
Focusless

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 183,253, Level 100
Points: 183,253, Level: 100 Points: 183,253, Level: 100 Points: 183,253, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Quote:
Originally posted by MaximusZTS
WTF what happened to Dragon? He did not get enough nods?
Dragon dropped out.

And PLEASE STOP THE [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]G ARGUING. If you don't like how this is run or who is in it, STAY OUT OF IT or SEND ME A PM. Geez oh whiz. Sometimes people take things waaaaaay too seriously.

--->CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR OCTOBER ROTM!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #55
SVT_BMXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally posted by ZX3_Chick
Dragon dropped out.

And PLEASE STOP THE [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]G ARGUING. If you don't like how this is run or who is in it, STAY OUT OF IT or SEND ME A PM. Geez oh whiz. Sometimes people take things waaaaaay too seriously.
X2

....btw thanks so mcuh to everyone who voted for me so far def much appreciated!

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler
Old 02-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #56
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Man, ROTM is becoming a very coveted thing.

Why is there arguing anyway? You need to be mad at the people who didn't show up and put up more nominations for non-SVT owners. I don't get why people are getting angry because there are SVTs only in the line-up. The people chose, and now they're complaining about what is on the list? This isn't the last Ride of the Month either, so just be patient.

Better campaigning and nominating would've been wiser than getting upset after the fact...

And I have to agree with zx34me, money is money. For many to put down even anywhere close to $4-5k in terms of aftermarket parts and accessories is no laughing matter. Not everyone is just given money and their parts for free. Many people work hard for that money and such, and to be given a rude comment about there is "nothing special" is just insulting.

But anyway, let's get back on with the voting and the typically good time we have in here. We're looking to have a change of pace for next month in the nomination process and such, so just be patient and make your voice heard there and then where you can do something about the nominees that time around.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 02-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #57
Ataru
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5292
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVTF ZX5

Points 5,944, Level 49
Points: 5,944, Level: 49 Points: 5,944, Level: 49 Points: 5,944, Level: 49
Level Up 97% Completed
Level up: 97% Level up: 97% Level up: 97%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 9 Ataru Good Standing Member
I just wanted to say thanks to those who nominated me this month and got me in the voting once again.

It's great to know that some people like your car enough to nominate you even if you have a lightly modified car. Even if I don't win, knowing some people like my ride enough to nominate me is an honor.

As for the nominees this month:

I love JohnMichael's car for how understated it is. It looks stock, but once you crack open the hood, the personality of the car and him show through.

Well, SVT_BMXer's car is Sonic Blue so it's already a winner in my books. Add to the fact that it is clean, boosted, and he has taken a different style with the silver painted items than what most people do make his car stand out.

That right there is what it's all about. Using the Focus for what it is made for. Handling. WD40's car gets the use. Even if it isn't heavily modded visually, he uses his car and enjoys it. It's his ROTM EVERY month. Who needs a ton of mods to enjoy your car?

dudley123. A show quality SVTF with a sweet black/red theme and a KILLER Circuit City stereo. 4th at USAC finals is nothing to sneeze at.

As for my car? Well, after 69,500 miles in 2 1/2 years of driving it's still going strong. Everyday driver, auto-x, and car show. Not a lot of money to spend on it so I have become the king of small mods. It might look completely stock, but I try to enhance what's there with the money I can spend. So far that includes:

215/45ZR17 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Tires
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 Wheels (17x7 - 45mm)
Apex 1.5" Springs
KYB AGX Adjustable Dampers
VF Engineering Rear Engine Mount
Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter
P-51 Rear Shock Shims
1998 European Focus Grill
Mazda 3 Rear Wiper
2006 Focus Street Appearance Package rear diffuser
Smoked Bumper Lights
Black Brake Calipers
Shortened Stock Antenna
Redline Tuning Dead Pedal
K&N Drop in Air Filter
Fog Lights Converted to Parking Lights / Turn Signals
Custom SVT Wheel Cigarette Lighter Plug
3M Window Tint - 35%
Autocross Number Plates by I-Zoom Graphics

More pics can be seen HERE if interested.

It might be an ROTM of all SVTFs. Maybe some looking stock, but we are all Focus Fanatics no matter what we have done to our cars. That makes us all ROTM in my book.

Good luck guys. I still have to decide who I'm voting on myself. I will say that Sonic Blue is a strong pull in this one for me.......
Old 02-02-2006, 12:35 AM   #58
Chick
Focusless

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 183,253, Level 100
Points: 183,253, Level: 100 Points: 183,253, Level: 100 Points: 183,253, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Quote:
Originally posted by Ataru
It might be an ROTM of all SVTFs. Maybe some looking stock, but we are all Focus Fanatics no matter what we have done to our cars. That makes us all ROTM in my book.
Agreed.

Nominations are up on the 20th of each month and end on the last day of the month. Make yourself heard and NOMINATE.

EDIT: Sorry for the cursing but to come in here and see arguing over something this petty pisses me off. Plus on top of that I have had a bad day.

Carry on.

--->CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR OCTOBER ROTM!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:45 AM   #59
Madness
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30720
What I Drive: 06 Zx3 Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Madness Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by CWBoarder691
Go BMXer
Werd!!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:39 AM   #60
SoCalDuratec
Livin' it up in Cali

Fan#: 9170
What I Drive: 2004 Blue D23E

FF Reputation: 1 SoCalDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Ash........ I just woke up and I have been gazing at your new avatar for the past 5 mins.......
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.