Borla 2.5" Cat Back exhaust and RT Highflow Cat - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #11
bushmasterguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16812
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Focus SVT - CD Silver

FF Reputation: 1 bushmasterguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Evan_Murphy,

Was their any issues with the install that would be helpful for me to know? I bought the Borla and am considering the RT Cat as well.
Focus Central 65mm TB, Steeda SRI, FC 2 PC Pulley Kit, "Tom's Tune", Steeda Short Throw Shifter. MSD Coil and Wires, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Clutch Masters Stage III, Kent Alloy Exhaust Cam Gear, Borla Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Fidanza Flywheel, Denso Spark Plugs.

The "Show":
TYC Altezza Tail Lights, Steeda Emblems, Euro Grill, RT Brake Caliper Lacquer Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #12
Evan_Murphy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1286
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Evan_Murphy Good Standing Member
not really, i did it with a lift and impact gun so it was pretty easy, although there are some brackets on the cat that are kind of hard to get to. overall its the same install as the ORP so you can find lots of info on that. hope that helps
Old 01-30-2006, 01:01 AM   #13
VNMOUS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25918
What I Drive: 02 Infrared SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 VNMOUS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Are there any vids or testimonials of the stock catback with just an ORP? I was wondering how this sounded. Keep in mind I dont want anything that remotely sounds rice, cause I'm coming out of a 4V Cobra with full exhaust. This is why I haven't touched the stock exhaust yet. I'm going to thouroughly do my homework. BTW in San An inspection is no problem w/o a cat. Just be ready to brush up on the 'ol espanol; or make sure you have a friend named Pancho.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:06 PM   #14
Toolman00
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2744
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4

FF Reputation: 3 Toolman00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
VNMOUS, it's VERY hard for an inline 4 cylinder to sound remotely close to a V8. I've heard the ORP on stock exhaust and it sounds similar to the RT cat, but not quite as loud and without the interior droning. Not too sure what to tell you, but I'd get the RT cat over the ORP (get caught once and you could have purchased MANY RT cats!).

IMO, doing anything to the exhaust on the SVT will make it sound ricey. The stock tone was good, but it wasn't loud enough for me. I got an RT cat first and it made it louder, but didn't sound too ricey for me. Then I added the Borla exhaust, and IMO it sounds like rice. I've yet to hear it outside the vehicle, but from what I hear inside it's ricey.

The movie that is posted sounds similar to what mine sounds like, but mine is VERY raspy when I let off the throttle. Also, they didn't rev to redline, so it's kinda deceiving at what it sounds like.

I'm gonna have to see if my bro still has my sound clips of stock with RT cat, and my clip of Borla with RT cat.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:27 PM   #15
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
toolman, please do post those clips if you can.
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #16
DeltaT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1235
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 DeltaT Good Standing Member
Hmm first time i ever heard the term ricey and Borla in the same sentance.
03 SVT Focus #1163
Black, HID's, Audiofile Package, Cold Weather Package

Mods- FS/SCT 91 Octane Tune, RT Cat, Steeda Tri/Ax STS, FS Coolflo Intake, VF Rear Mount, FC 65mm TB FRPP Plug Wires, Jet-Hot Sterling Sliver coated Header, Clear side markers, Bullet Aluminum Fuel Door
Old 02-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #17
funksilver04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28179
What I Drive: 2007 Silver Mazdaspeed 3 GT

FF Reputation: 1 funksilver04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
It's subjective and personal as to what a person thinks is "ricey". I've heard the borla on the SVTF and it's definitely not. That's why I have to take some of the comments re: sound with a grain of salt. Everyone has their own perspective and opinion on the subject. You also have to know that a 4 banger isn't going to ever sound like a V8 engine...
Old 02-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #18
svt2nv04
SVT Fanatic

Fan#: 16592
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT; 1572 of 1978

FF Reputation: 31 svt2nv04 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
all i'm going to do is the RT cat. i bet that'll sound good. i will never do a cat-back on the SVT NEVER!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #19
Toolman00
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2744
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4

FF Reputation: 3 Toolman00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Yeah, what I think sounds like rice might not be rice to another. I dunno, it sounds similar to the exhaust of all the riced out Civics in my area - which is why I called it rice. I really haven't heard my exhaust while someone else drives it, so my opinion may change when that does happen.

Exhaust Clip - Borla and RT Cat on SVT - Cold start right after installing the exhaust. Bogs a little when I give it gas, but revs up eventually. Think it went redline, 3k, 4k, 3k revs. Recorded in my garage on a cold November night.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #20
TwighlightBlueZx5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27198
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 TwighlightBlueZx5 Good Standing Member
where is the best place to buy a R/T Cat ?
#529 of 1978

Bookmarks & Social Networks