PS2 Need for Speed Most Wanted - No FOCUS! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > Gaming Fanatics

Gaming Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest video games, cheats, strategies and consoles.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #1
bushmasterguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16812
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Focus SVT - CD Silver

FF Reputation: 1 bushmasterguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
PS2 Need for Speed Most Wanted - No FOCUS!

I got Need for Speed Most Wanted for christmas and finally got around to playing it. They got rid of the focus! Also the handling seems to be more arcade like than Need for Speed 1 & 2 meaning you can take a corner at unrealistic speeds and not crash.

I really like driving the focus in NFS 1 & 2 and the realism in driving was as good as GT3 in my opinion.

Need for speed most wanted is dissappointing especially since they dumped the focus. That sucks! The storyline is better but I wish the cars did not handle like you were playing atari pole position.

This will be my last Need for Speed series game.

Focus Central 65mm TB, Steeda SRI, FC 2 PC Pulley Kit, "Tom's Tune", Steeda Short Throw Shifter. MSD Coil and Wires, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Clutch Masters Stage III, Kent Alloy Exhaust Cam Gear, Borla Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Fidanza Flywheel, Denso Spark Plugs.

The "Show":
TYC Altezza Tail Lights, Steeda Emblems, Euro Grill, RT Brake Caliper Lacquer Blue
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
1sloho
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

Points 14,444, Level 77
Points: 14,444, Level: 77 Points: 14,444, Level: 77 Points: 14,444, Level: 77
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
yeah it just seems that they threw it together really quick. shit they only have 5 body kits and u cant go really deep into the customizing as in the others. im still playin it. im on the blacklist #1. all i hafta do is get 1 more milestone and then ima challenge him. hafta admit.....its hard tryin to get the milestones. i keep runnin over spike strips!!! pisses me off.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
GregsWhiteFocus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1223
What I Drive: 2002 Silver Honda Civic Si

FF Reputation: 1 GregsWhiteFocus Good Standing Member
I wouldn't compare the driving physics of the Underground series with Gran Turismo....There is no comparison there....
Old 01-28-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
talonk4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5737
What I Drive: 2k3 sangria red zx3

FF Reputation: 1 talonk4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
yeah a lot of people could have told you taht. NFS and EA seem to have gone the way of the exotic crowd, a big moneymaker for them and their roots, as pretty much all of the EA Need for Speed series had been built on. they angered a lot of fans (granted, a bunch had been dropping off), by launching the original underground, but they wanted to appeal to a new set of racing group. ballsy move, but look at how successful the franchise is.

with the popularization of the underground racing community and small cars in general, they felt that they could offer a new game for the masses. plus, EA totally has the resources to pump out a game faster than anybody else, many of which were trying to get on the bandwagon as well (juiced, SRS, to name a few).

now, after the release of underground 2, with the ability to free roam (very cool) compared to underground 1, most wanted needed to freshen things up even moreso. so EA decides, hey, why not pin the best imports against the best exotics? what would happen if a viper would take on a heavily modified STi? these are comparisons that have probably happened before in the drag/autocross (and dare i say it, underground) world, especially with people who have money are attracted to the scene and the vehicles.

so i agree that EA totally violated a lot of hardcore fans to the franchise, but they also added a new element, which i think is interesting, if not completely fun (who came up with this stupid bounty mode? and why do drag races pay so little? and why do i have to run from the cops and have a certain "wanted" rating to race the next guy in line?)

now here's my little disclaimer: this is not verbatim what was going on through EA's collective heads. this is just what i see happening from the outside, with friends in the game community and friends in the racing community. pretty much, this is just my two cents. take it or leave it.

Alpine, iPod, Infinity, Sony, FC, FS, FR, Pipercross

JMS lip kit
Old 02-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
svt2004
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12293
What I Drive: 04 infra red svt # 1345, 06 Jet Bla

FF Reputation: 1 svt2004 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i think that most wanted is fun cause driving like a complete hooligan is cool. I do miss the focus and the realism and the drifting was really fun in underground 2. I hope that they make a game again like undergroung2
Old 02-05-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
Focus Racer S2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14203
What I Drive: 2002 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX3 ATX

FF Reputation: 1 Focus Racer S2 Good Standing Member
Yeah it's true they dumped the focus I was expecting to use it from the start all the way to the end. But the EVO 8 and STi where there so I was happy. No focus but at least those two cars the EVO 8 and STi where there.
<---<<Zetec Crew #66 / ATX Faction #21>>-->
To modify or not to modify ? ? ? That is the question right now ! ! !
Old 05-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #7
Speed
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 34982
FF Reputation: 1 Speed Good Standing Member
This game is one of the best racing games i have ever played. I play the game on my pc and the graphics are just off the hook.....the first soundtracks are boring but as you progress to higher levels the songs change to new ones which is pretty cool..I saved my money from the start of the game until i unlocked the Porsche Carrera GT and then i spent around 350,000 on the car to make it even super fast and this thing does 236 mph on high way with the help of n20...the level five heat vetts have hard time catching up with me..now i need one more milestone to take on #2 on blacklist.....here is a tip for for the new players..try to get to highway 99 and then start speeding and crashing into civilian cars and get the cops attentions..once they start chasing run away at full speed and they will have hard time stopping you..just watch out for roadblocks and road spikes on your mini map....and also try to listen to the cops radio...they usually infrom each other if they have roadlblocks or spikes set up ahead of you...as for SUVs ramming you..well, try to dodge them..if they ram you..then use your n20 to get away as fast as you can....on highway 99 once they loose you..try to get into the golf park and just park under a tree or something.....anyone got links to pictures of that intro chick..what is her name Jose miran or something..?

peace
Old 05-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #8
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Re: PS2 Need for Speed Most Wanted - No FOCUS!

Quote:
Originally posted by bushmasterguy
I really like driving the focus in NFS 1 & 2 and the realism in driving was as good as GT3 in my opinion.
you must be on crack. (either that or not know anything about video games)

the gran turismo series has brought a realism to racing that has been completly unmatched in any other game. there is not a game made that even comes close.

the people at polyphony digital spent an enourmous amount of time and energy pouring over every car in their game. they took everything into account, from the sound of the individual cars to how each one handles in all possible situations, etc. etc.

to even hint at the idea that EA can come anywhere near that level of realism just shows your ignorance.

now, dont get me wrong, i throughly enjoyed the first two underground games. they are just in an entirely differnt world then gran turismo.

as for most wanted, i feel that EA really lost something with this title. they seemed to care less about the games individuality as in the previous titles. while it was a good game, it just was not as much fun to me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.